Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Out of Body experiences - It is possible because...
    #4581275 - 08/25/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

your mind can calculate exactly what your vision could see if you were physically in that position. You have an incredible brain that if you had the energy to concentrate on a possibility you could perceive it to be real it would be. From your perspective sat up, your mind can create a "guesstimated" image of what your person would look like from a different angle.

The above i thaught of - think of it as a mini ephinony - when high an hour or so ago.

It may make sense in the morning im not sure, what do you guys think?

P.S. Don't usually post in here but wanted a more "cleverer" answer and i know you clever people haunt this forum.

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: mikeyboy]
    #4581294 - 08/25/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

either that or you really do leave your body and have really have that perspective instead of "guestimating" it.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4581418 - 08/25/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nightkrawler said:
either that or you really do leave your body and have really have that perspective instead of "guestimating" it.

yea, its impossible (or highly unlikely) for your brain to be able to guestimate the type of things that oobe's/astral projection travelers experience

one man told of going to asia and learning new martial arts moves from a man there on a mountain

i have also heard of many friends and spouses who can astrally project together and remember almost identical experiences. also one boy who woke up in the middle of the night in a dream, so like a lucid dream i guess, in his room, he saw 2 blue orbs floating near the ceiling and their presence was calling him to come with them. But since he felt like they were invading his privacy, he did not. The next day he found out 2 of his friends had been out astrally projecting together at that same time and had come to his room to get him

i myself am pretty sure its not just a guestimation. i really do think it is a part of your spiritual body (the astral body to be exact) that leaves the physical body for that time period.

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Edited by SerioOria (08/25/05 08:20 PM)

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: SerioOria]
    #4581438 - 08/25/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i'm not sure which one of the two ideas i believe. either way, it's an amazing phenomenon. i hope to have one someday.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4581476 - 08/25/05 08:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have had two out of body experiences. One was on about 1000mcgs of LSD. The other was on 8 grams of shrooms. My problem with it is was it real or just a really interesting hallucination? I did notice that it was quite vivid, and when I would shift to the out of body perspective (the first time on acid) I could no longer feel the effect of the drug...I would feel stone cold sober....a really neat special effect. The guys in my personal animation studio were working overtime on those days.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

#4581511 - 08/25/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have heard that you can actually test this phenomena.  Simply tape random cards facing out of a window, project, quickly come back yelling the cards, and then go check if you were right.

I heard (cant remember where exactly, holographic universe maybe?) that they have actually tested this in a lab setting.  The experiment consisted of placing odd objects out on the ledge of the hospital building, and people would report back the correct objects.  Crazy stuff.  I am currently working through "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce, and it has some pretty cool techniques. 

:heart:Peace:heart:

:hippie:

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #4581552 - 08/25/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yea, its pretty crazy

and Huehuecoyotl you should try to astrally project w/out drugs, since you have had the drugs to help you to that level, it should be easier for you than someone like me who has not had that benefit yet

im currently reading 'the secret of the soul' by some guy, ill figure out in a sec, it has a lot of people's testimates and a bunch of different techniques, good read and pretty cheap if ya get it used if ya look for it.

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #4581565 - 08/25/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

if astral projection is possible, i'd love to know how to do it! I always fall asleep when trying to leave my body. maybe i should  try Hue's 1000mcg's of acid technique. :grin:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: SerioOria]
    #4581572 - 08/25/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have tried in the past. The result was interesting out of body oriented dreams, but they were not lucid.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4581949 - 08/25/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

im still not quite sure to this day if it was an intense hallucination while i slept or if i actually ventured out of my body....... i was tripping pretty good and became tired for some reason and attempted to get some sleep, it seemed like the second i closed my eyes they opened right back up.... and i was instantly no longer tired, layed there for a few minutes, decided to smoke a bowl and go piss, i got up, took a few hits of a freshly packed bowl and looked to my left and saw MYSELF sleeping..... thought to myself, well i must still be tripping preeeeeeettty hard, so i went to piss, got a drink and checked my email, went back, saw myself, laughed at how hard i was tripping and smoked a few more bowls and the next thing i know i wake up a few hours later in the same position with the blanket in the same manner, got up went to the bathroom and all the other morning shit, went to smoke a bowl and noticed that about 3-4 bowls worth was missing, still remembering last night fresh in my head i thought it wierd but pawned it off to tripping, i walked by the computer and noticed my email screen was still up....more wierdness, i checked my in and outbox and i had definately been there this morning around 2am.... i remember the time i attempted to go to sleep was around 1:30. i never really questioned it much more because i could not prove it. really wierd though, it didnt feel like a dream, everything was surprisingly vivid and just as it was the next morning, only my body felt really light like i was semi floating. its wierd seeing yourself as others would.

what do you think? OBE or insane psilocybian dreams???

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4582039 - 08/25/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I agree; it's all in the brain.

If people actually think they can really leave their body and aren't just making it up, there's challenges out there you can get $1,000,000 for. I think they'll demonstrate nothing personally because it does occur entirely within the brain, but hey, if you can demonstrate a real supernatural act like astral projection, such as seeing a 4-digit number six rooms away, you could not only become rich but potentially change entire fields of science.

Of course, no one has after all these years, so it's not unnatural for people to cough out "Bullshit!" accidentally during conversations. :wink:

But I agree, the brain is an amazing biological computer. Out of body experiences are just another example of this, as are dreams, visions on psychedelics, etc.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4582049 - 08/25/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nightkrawler said:

Do you believe that you actually travel to other universes and lives when you fall asleep too? :wink:

If so, why do we even need such a complex brain? The brain could be much simpler, simply enough to create an ego that can travel to other realities and universes to further build up the "soul" or "spirit" or whatever he's supposed to be. Of course, you could take this further and say if there was a soul or spirit that you are using to astral project, why is there a brain at all?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4582077 - 08/25/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
I have had two out of body experiences. One was on about 1000mcgs of LSD. The other was on 8 grams of shrooms. My problem with it is was it real or just a really interesting hallucination? I did notice that it was quite vivid, and when I would shift to the out of body perspective (the first time on acid) I could no longer feel the effect of the drug...I would feel stone cold sober....a really neat special effect. The guys in my personal animation studio were working overtime on those days.

I once had a remote viewing experience on LSD, but I certainly wouldn't be confident enough in the experience to take up a Swami challenge.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: Silversoul]
    #4582094 - 08/25/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How about a fireworks_god challenge? They aren't nearly as meticulous and challenging as Swami challenges. :wink:

In fact, all I ask is that you send me some snack food and possibly some money... that's the challenge....

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: Silversoul]
    #4582104 - 08/25/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've had out of body experiences on dissociatives and hallucinogens before many times; at one period I was extremely interested in astral projection and read books, techniques, etc.

It's actually quite an amazing feeling; my entire body starts by vibrating this euphoric tingling, and then the rising out blows my mind. But from experience, it's way easier on drugs, especially high doses of dissociatives, such as ketamine and DXM.

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4583119 - 08/26/05 04:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

once on 2 bottles of robotussin(dxm) i had an out of body experience. i was looking at myself laying on the ground. i thought i was dead. i wasnt obviously...i get what you are saying about our brains, cuz im sure my brain could have been picturing me laying like that.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: psychomime]
    #4583121 - 08/26/05 04:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"maybe i should try Hue's 1000mcg's of acid technique."

Even if you don't have the OOBE you still stay entertained...

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Out of Body experiences - It is possible because... [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4583127 - 08/26/05 05:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I once took Robo and had an "out of cough" experience.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4583231 - 08/26/05 08:06 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

OBEs are definitely real. However, OBEs have nothing to do with "guesstimating" the brain or whatever you were thinking. We are truly more than our physical body and we can prove it to ourselves by doing this. The physical body is just a host. I believe OBEs to be the ultimate in expanding consciousness and gaining insight and so on. Drugs are not necessary and can hinder the process. But that's not to say many people don't induce them accidentally or not when they are on drugs. With practice I believe anyone can do it, as long as their conscious and subconscious fears are conquered as well. Astral Projection has been occurring for ages and ages and I believe the statistics are that 1 in 4 people have at least one in their lifetime.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Edited by Locus (08/26/05 08:11 AM)

OfflinePmog
I's

Loc: (No)r(way)
    #4583265 - 08/26/05 08:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dude.. You are never in you body..
you can not leave your body..
you can not leave anything..

you are always, all time, at any where you be! :P

(just if anyone wonder, my computer broke.. :smile: haha so now I'm on this for 2 weeks..)

--------------------
Life! = !Life

Life = birthing
Life = dying

!life = death <-> birth = life!
--------------------
:frown: !LIVE! :smile:
--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder