Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide
    #4556365 - 08/19/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.gazetteextra.com/bratcher081905.asp

Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide

(Published Friday, August 19, 2005 12:02:12 PM CDT)

Gazette Staff

LAKE GENEVA -- Police arrested a man with more than 150 canisters of nitrous oxide in his car, and he didn't appear to be a dentist.

Walter A. Bratcher, 30, Mokena, Ill., had seven unopened boxes, each containing 24 canisters of the anesthetic commonly known as laughing gas, according to a criminal complaint filed in Walworth County Court.

Also in the car, which was parked in a Lake Geneva hotel parking lot, was a large tank labeled nitrous oxide, two large canisters used for huffing the gas, several unused balloons and a small amount of marijuana.

Bratcher said the gas and balloons were used for making whippets, which is a method for people to inhale the gas for a temporary high, according to the complaint. Nitrous oxide, commonly used in dentistry, is a hallucinogen.

Bratcher said he was at the hotel for a bachelor party and it was his responsibility to bring the whippets.

The district attorney's office has charged Bratcher with possession with intent to distribute nitrous oxide, a felony, as well as misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Bratcher's next court appearance is Thursday, Aug. 25.

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4556751 - 08/19/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Nitrous oxide, commonly used in dentistry, is a hallucinogen

lol it is?

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4556762 - 08/19/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i've had audio hallucinations on the stuff

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #4557443 - 08/20/05 12:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

holy shit, this is only a few miles from me....

interesting story about the mokena cops, they think that i am a drug dealer, my bro got busted with an I and 2 scales, and a diamond ring.... and his ass tried to tell the cops it was mine!!!

that is one town i do not Fuck with.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4557446 - 08/20/05 12:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"v" he admitted to it, what a dumb ass..... all he would have had to do is pit some whipping cream in his trunk and claimn that he had a fettish...

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #4557466 - 08/20/05 12:31 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

charged Bratcher with possession with intent to distribute nitrous oxide, a felony.

Thats just rediculous.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide [Re: Hanky]
    #4557611 - 08/20/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Fucking ridiculus. Here in New Zealand they have just recently banned the sale of whipped cream bulbs, even for legitimate cream-whipping use. Cause a lot of people were inhaling the stuff.

And as a side note, yes N2O is DEFINITLEY a hallucinogen. Back when I first tried it I just got the typical 'buzzed out' sort of feeling, nothing to special. But then I tried a hit of nitrous on acid. Oh boy. Things have never been the same. That stuff can get you seriously twisted. Very very profound insights, very yin-yang esque. I've smoked DMT, and I honestly would say that shrooms, acid or cactus etc. plus a hit of nitrous is on about par as far as mind blowing goes. Makes you hallucinate insane fractals too.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide [Re: zee_werp]
    #4560595 - 08/20/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting that you got blasted doing nitrous and acid.

I once took a hit of acid and a good solid dose of mescaline be fore going to see a movie. Well after the movie, my friend and I were going to meet some friends and I was getting freaked out by the drive(my sober friend was driving). The only thing that kept me grounded, that allowed me to not freak out, was hit after hit of nitrous from my soda syphon. It was keeping my mind from going apeshit crazy.

I don't know why.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4560638 - 08/20/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't really think it's a hallucinogen; it's usually classified as a dissociative.

And funny that you say it's "DEFINITELY a hallucinogen" because you tried it on acid. :wink: I wouldn't say that's the best way to determine it, because chances are nitrous just intensified the hallucinations of the LSD.

Not that it can't make you hallucinate; other dissociatives, such as DXM and ketamine, can also include hallucinations, but they're not usually classified as hallucinogens.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide [Re: Ravus]
    #4577775 - 08/25/05 02:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What I forgot to mention was that after experiencing nitrous while on acid etc. the other experineces I have had with it whilst not on other drugs have been more intense.

Still I would call it a psychedelic. But perhaps moreso, a catalyst, or a facilitator, of other hallucinogens.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #4577843 - 08/25/05 03:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I guess it just doesn't fall under the image of the common hallucinogen which lasts a longer period of time, with more pronounced hallucinogenic effects. I'm sorry I guess I just needed to look at my own question from all sides of the image.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4579864 - 08/25/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

note he didn't just have the chargers, it says he also had a tank, which I think is what implies the felony?

anyone know the law on this?

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide [Re: kake]
    #4580423 - 08/25/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the "tanks" were most likely the canisters used to make whip cream with the chargers. you can put 3 chargers worth of gas in one, and then put it in a baloon all at once, kind of a small canister attached to a cracker with a lever to release the gas.

definattely not an actual tank

--------------------
PEACE

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4580587 - 08/25/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well if you re-read it, it says
Quote:

was a large tank labeled nitrous oxide, two large canisters used for huffing the gas

so the two large canister i believe are what you're referring to as "dispensers" made for whip cream. they mean two different things by "canisters" and "tank".

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Man arrested with carload of nitrous oxide [Re: kake]
    #4581470 - 08/25/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i have one of the larger ones that holds about 5 cartridges and thats even a far stretch calling it a tank, either the po is exagerating again *gasp*, or the kid broke into somewhere that uses tanks and stole some.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals