Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Cannabis makes you clever
    #4581246 - 08/25/05 09:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

When i smoke weed i get cleverer. I can understand everything around me, so much so it's like a slight paranoia. I look into things more and understand how they come about.

Yet when i get stoned with others, they seem to be "dumb" in a nice away as is possible in this context. Does weed dramatically effect every person differently or is it down to IQ and how clever you are.

It's also interesting being stoned with people and out of the corner of your eye monitoring everyones body language and understanding their subconscious.

Am i writing this because i'm off my trolley or is there some sense in this somewhere? I'm not too sure, please help.

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: mikeyboy]
    #4581279 - 08/25/05 09:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

ha u said trolly.. what a brit

OfflineManicDelirium
MysteriousMycologist TechDeviant

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flawda
    #4581318 - 08/25/05 09:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mikeyboy said:
When i smoke weed i get cleverer. I can understand everything around me, so much so it's like a slight paranoia. I look into things more and understand how they come about.

Yet when i get stoned with others, they seem to be "dumb" in a nice away as is possible in this context. Does weed dramatically effect every person differently or is it down to IQ and how clever you are.

I feel the same way when I get stoned.

I find it that if your usually a philosophical thinker pot enhances your ability to comprehend to a greater extent...

--------------------
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" --long live the great Gonzo

Edited by ManicDelirium (08/25/05 10:05 PM)

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4581343 - 08/25/05 10:01 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, same with me. i get a greater understanding of things when i think about them while high. the only problem is that because i'm high i usually forget about what i just realized like half an hour later. it's a win/lose situation, except for when i remember them, then it's win/win

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4581383 - 08/25/05 10:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

lol the same thing happens to me. like i figure out the most complex things, and i feel like i can see strait through people. like no one can ever bullshit me wen im baked. like my ability to analyze situations and solve problems increases dramatically also. but like wat nightcrawler said i usually forget it an hour later lol

OfflineBrekkFu
Stranger
Loc: US... =(
Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: ph30n1x]
    #4582254 - 08/26/05 01:04 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I definately see an improvement in my ability to perceive other's actions, and just a general increase in thought.

But that's why I keep a diary of all "important" stoned thoughts, me and my two stoned friends from college also use a tape recorder to record are stoned discussions. Some VERY deep stuff.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: BrekkFu]
    #4582824 - 08/26/05 03:06 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I always wanted to keep track of my thoughts when I'm high, because they do seem to make a lot of sense. I can understand the craziest of things if I think about them. A few weeks ago, I smoked with my best friend and my girlfriend was with us. The whole time I was extremely paranoid that they were a lot smarter than I was and something was going on that I couldn't quite understand. Just something about the two of them seemed above me. A week or so later, my girlfriend broke up with me and hooked up with my best friend. It turns out that they were talking about doing it for a little while, too. I guess I sort of sensed it.

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #4583269 - 08/26/05 10:39 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

All of you that agree that when you get stoned you get smarter are you intelligent in everyday life? As in to say are you relatively smart? It's hard to say i know but would you percieve yourself to be very clever?

I believe i sometimes think outside the box and look more into things but am not going to say i'm very clever or anything.

Interesting to hear i am not the only one  :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4583368 - 08/26/05 11:19 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't say you get smarter. You become a better observer and can pick up on things that your sober mind would miss. I would say it is:
expanded consciousness. Not smarter, not better, just more consciousness, just different. Although on the whole I am in an expanded state, I make many mistakes working on Math or something else that requires a close eye to detail.

Don't take all your stoned ideas too seriously either. Ideas are just that. Those on nitrous find the secret of the universe in: TEETH.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: mecreateme]
    #4583756 - 08/26/05 01:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hey man, that's definitely true.  I wouldn't have passed my senior year of highschool if not for bud.  A) for the boredom factor, B) it stopped the rest of my mind and allowed me to think about and do what I had to do.  Also, pulled a 102.5 in accounting as a year average. 

One factor though...bud is what allows me to have clear open-minded highs.  Mids just fuck me up, good warm body vibes though.

Cannabis is wonderful!  :smirk: :bigweed:

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: demiu5]
    #4584170 - 08/26/05 03:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I just get real quite. Mushrooms make me very clever. I always have the perfect thing to say when im tripping. But its usually just me with my mouth hanging open in awe.

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: carl]
    #4584460 - 08/26/05 05:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If your capacity to think is increased at low doses, consider taking a weeks break to let your tolerance go down, then take a series of gravity/bong hits all at once untill you cant smoke anymore. lay down in a dark room by yourself and really begin to understand cannabis true power.

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: yousuck]
    #4584590 - 08/26/05 06:02 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

yousuck said:
If your capacity to think is increased at low doses, consider taking a weeks break to let your tolerance go down, then take a series of gravity/bong hits all at once untill you cant smoke anymore. lay down in a dark room by yourself and really begin to understand cannabis true power.

Sounds intriguing, i get a little aprehensive about having any more hits as my chest often POUNDS heavily, especially when i'm having my crazy thaughts  :crazy:

Oh and a quick something you lot who have replied may find interesting:

I was just chatting to a clever girl and she explained that perhaps weed makes you more content and have less worries and things on your mind and when this occurs you're not having selfish thaughts and are more open to what is actually going on around you. This would explain being able to pick up on what's going on, this seems very feasible, what do you all think?

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4585193 - 08/26/05 09:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

you more content and have less worries and things on your mind

Sounds like avoiding things. Like this person seeks cannabis as an escape. That is generally looked down upon and I would have to agree. Take pot to enhance the way you are, not to dull and lessen your thoughts. I think more with cannabis. But not in front of the TV! :stoned:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinebleedforthis
ill bleed foryou
Loc: Looking down from above.
Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: mecreateme]
    #4585824 - 08/27/05 12:52 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

now adays when I smoke and get high high high my mind seems to open up and operate much smoother. as you said, you understand things more clearly.

i also find i am WAY more creative and artistic when im high. i can draw better(more original ideas) and I am insane on my guitar when I'm high as well.

nice to know there is someone else out there. most my freinds turn into braindead retards when they smoke.

--------------------
As my pupils fluttered and tried to fly out of my skull I asked myself, "Is THIS what you want?".
Screaming until my lungs bled, I simply replied "No!"

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: bleedforthis]
    #4586039 - 08/27/05 01:49 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I dont think its the weed that does this just the effect of any drug at one point or time or forever. I know when I did meth and stayed up for 3 days at a time and really high I would actually see things for what they really were. I would have better vocabulary and was easier to understand. I even was told I was a much smoother talker and had alot more smarts than I usualy did.

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

OfflineIkke
Stranger
Re: Cannabis makes you clever [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #4587176 - 08/27/05 01:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I get really good at math when Im high, it's really weird.. I also am better at thinking about philosophical issues.
otherwise I just get dumber, like a few weeks ago at a festival I bought some french fries, but I really didn't know what to do with them until a friend said 5 minutes later: "are you not gonna eat those? Im hungry"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience