Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how.
    #4581094 - 08/25/05 09:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i debated for a long time sharing this, . this can get you on quite a few cow pastures in florida before and after a hurricane hits the area.  .

the idea behind it was this.present yourself as a student form a major university who was working in a research group to identify pollutants in farm fields that were brought in from the ocean, over land through rainfall. (if this is even possible i dont know)

say that you are out taking samples of plants and soil in the area before and after the hurricane hit. take one sample before the hurricane, and one a few days after so that you could compare the 2. if they agreed to it have them fill out a questionaire about the size of the field, what was present, blah blah, and had them fill out their adress and so on..... and also sign a waiver for you to enter their property and gather plant and soil samples.

people will be glad to help you

what you need to do this is the following.

1) create a fake orginisation i.e. the ISMP (institute for the study of migratorial pollutants)
2) make yourself an id badge for said industry. just get a picture of you on the comp, add the words 2005 curvey crew Florida or whatever, print it out, tape it to a credit card or old id, and put it in one of those id holder thingies that you get at kinkos.
3)make some waivers/questionaires for them to sign. take your time, no typos here, make it look official.
4) get yourself one of those little flashing yellow beacons for the top of your car, and if you have the money a magnetic sign for the side of your door (the sign isnt nessicary)

just make it look official and youll be all good, and reherse your speach before hand, what you are going to say. stumbling on it isnt going to help you at all.

:smile:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by zippoz (08/25/05 09:10 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4581295 - 08/25/05 09:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Nice
Yellow Becon For your car
:rofl2:

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

OfflineAsianYumYum
Stranger

Loc: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: mskip23]
    #4581335 - 08/25/05 09:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

damn dood. seems like a lot of trouble. could just ask the owner. but if you're going through the trouble of making car magnets haha, make an actual association with all the people who will be taking your advice. have a legit company out there picking haha that'd be pretty cool.!!!

--------------------
Hail to the King Baby

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: AsianYumYum]
    #4582291 - 08/26/05 01:10 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

let me say, that it works damn well. damn well. and when you need an excuse to go all over the gian field for hours, tell them tthat you are taking GPs readings of the borderlines and "significant" areas

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4582441 - 08/26/05 01:35 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

wish I would of thought of this before i got busted by the :cop:=:devil:

--------------------

OfflineAmanitax20
All my trips Rbad :(
 User Gallery

Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: mskip23]
    #4582988 - 08/26/05 04:12 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Lol thats a fucking bomb ass idea, but why not just say your in college trying to become a mycologist and you want to collect mushrooms for spore printing purposes? just a thought :?

OfflineDr_Mcgillicuddy
Stranger

Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: Amanitax20]
    #4583459 - 08/26/05 11:59 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

ahah you got busted

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: Amanitax20]
    #4583606 - 08/26/05 12:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Amanitax20 said:
Lol thats a fucking bomb ass idea, but why not just say your in college trying to become a mycologist and you want to collect mushrooms for spore printing purposes? just a thought :?

io ohave tried both, most people when they hear the word mushrooms grab the 12 gauge and call "the law"

i have tried both. the whole survey thing works wonders.

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
    #4583832 - 08/26/05 02:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

what happened to you when you got busted skip?

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: Dr_Mcgillicuddy]
    #4584243 - 08/26/05 04:14 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dr_Mcgillicuddy said:
ahah you got busted

You find that amusing?

I think it sounds like good idea, but what do you do when you want to go back for the 4th-5th time?
FARMER:
"Back again?"

YOU:
"Yeah. I err.. forgot my... ummm... my uhhhh..... my super-duper ethnolethnoteloscope. Yeah, thats it... And its case is disguised as a bag full of mushrooms. Ya' know, so people won't try and steal it..."

FARMER:
"Like the extra-special hemolostethaloglobe you left over here last time?"

YOU:
"Yeah, like that..."

OfflineAsianYumYum
Stranger

Loc: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4584396 - 08/26/05 04:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

good point

--------------------
Hail to the King Baby

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: AsianYumYum]
    #4586796 - 08/27/05 09:31 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

And what about when the next 'survey crew' comes around, half an hour after the last one left.

Its a good idea, but now that you've told other people about it, theres a lot greater chance of getting caught out....if anyone else can actually be fucked making the fake badges etc. to pull it off

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: zee_werp]
    #4586849 - 08/27/05 10:21 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

And If the Property owner just happens to be a Cop himself and gets kinda curious on what the hell your Reilly up to!
It seems like allot of trouble to go threw to find mushrooms..

I have never had to come up with such an elaborate plan to find fungi...

Yessup :thumbup: :flyzapper:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Offlinewaxteen
Stranger
Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: YESSUP]
    #4586859 - 08/27/05 10:28 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

you may want to study several hurricanes to get perpective, but i'd be kind of nervous about going back a second time. the farmer talks to his neighbors and no one else had any "surveys" done, just the guy with the cowfields. people don't like it too much when you trick them.

OfflineEnvirorational
Environmentalist/ Father

Loc: Dorawoodycross
Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: waxteen]
    #4586956 - 08/27/05 11:46 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

A suggestion ... I'm an environmental engineer by profession, so I thought of going to a farmer and saying I work for "company name" and hand them a business card. Say my company is working on a joint research project with UGA, UF, Texas A&M or some other university, and we are studying the nutrient levels in cow fields and how that effects the stormwater runoff. The best part is up front you tell them that the study will take place over several months, and you will need to come back on a regular basis after rainfall to get an average. It works the same as your plan, but you don't have to wait for hurricanes, and you could use this throughout the southeast - not just along the coast.

--------------------
Expand Society with Knowledge - ESK

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Re: So you want to get onto a field legally to pick mushrooms? here is how. [Re: Envirorational]
    #4586969 - 08/27/05 11:50 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

leftysuprise check this out this explains everything of how I got busted
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4402539/page//fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

#4586993 - 08/27/05 12:03 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It is kind of elaborate but I have learned my lesson about going into cow pasture with out permission. I thought it would not happen to me so now if I ever decide to go hunting again I'm going to cover every angle. So if the Po does come I have a piece of paper(easement agreement) That says I'm allowed on the property.

--------------------

Offline8BitCommando
Stranger
    #4587793 - 08/27/05 05:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This is a pretty cool idea, but there's a lot of effort involved. There is a best way to pick mushrooms without even being seen:
A ghillie suit

I just bought one of these. A ghillie suit is a sniper suit which is basically 3D camoflage with synthetic leaves and dyed burlap strands etc. When you put it on and crouch in the grass you look like a bush.

I got mine from bushrag.com

Invisiblemember
I'm soo horny!! ;)
 User Gallery

#4588089 - 08/27/05 07:07 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

that sounds like a good idea, it might work in fact!

--------------------
wow this place is nice

Edited by member (08/27/05 07:09 PM)

Invisiblemember
I'm soo horny!! ;)
 User Gallery

#4588090 - 08/27/05 07:07 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

*sorry for the double post

--------------------
wow this place is nice

Edited by member (08/27/05 07:08 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification