Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefluff_master
Stranger
Koh Samui Super Strain
    #2528062 - 04/05/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hey there...

Is anyone familiar (or preferably have experience) with the Koh Samui Super Strain by T.H.E.? On the web sight it states some rather extrodinary things about this variety and I was curious if any of these claims held water. If not, is it at least on par with the Koh Samui Classic Strain in regards to all the significant characteristics (yield, effects, contamination resistence, etc)?

I did a good deal of digging and despite what I originally thought, there wasn't much I could root out on this "super strain." Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Koh Samui Super Strain [Re: fluff_master]
    #2528253 - 04/05/04 03:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I grown them out before, there just regular KS.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #2528520 - 04/05/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, i doubt there's anything special about them, except that they maybe were stored in the back yards of ryches storehouse for a couple of years. My one experience with them tells me i don't want to buy them again; very very long time till colonization and a high contam rate. It was 80 degrees even, and took nearly 3 weeks to get up to 50%, and even then many of them weren't. I think maybe in the perfect or near perfect growing conditions -Clyde- has they would flourish well, but not for me. :mushroom2:

OfflineYGYJ
Fast Learner

#2528523 - 04/05/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

go with the Lippy Yai's they are the bomb

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Re: Koh Samui Super Strain [Re: YGYJ]
    #2528535 - 04/05/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

its not like your gonna find a strain that throws off nothing but 12 inch 100 gram shrooms all day, as long as your growin cubes, its pretty much up to you how big they get...

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Koh Samui Super Strain [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2528560 - 04/05/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Up to the grower? How so?

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Offlinefluff_master
Stranger
Hawk's Product [Re: Hrethic]
    #2528583 - 04/05/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hrethic, you say his product is less than acceptable? Anyone else share this experience? I was under the impression the Hawk's eye was one of the more reputable dealers.

OfflineTheAfficianado
Heedless KarmicArtist

Re: Hawk's Product [Re: fluff_master]
    #2528647 - 04/05/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hey,
I am growing the super strain right now. I have 8 "1/2 pints" with rye flour ala pf tek up in the closet right now. I am also growing B+, Mexi-cub, Penis-Envy, and Huatla in other "1/2 pints". Despite temps in the closet from 74 f to 80 f (no incubator) my Supers Strain is by far the quickest colonizer with the b+ right behind.  I actually ordered the regular Kuo Samui but they sent me super strain so I was pumped.  But I have read nothing but bad reviews on this board since I got them. Everything from "no trip at all" to "visions of death due to Southeast Asian violence where they're from" to "too many contams."  I will case to actual Buffulo/Bison manure (though it is not water buffulo manure!), in an attempt to give them a more likeable environment. On other boards, the reviews of Kuo Samui have been more kind.  I have had no contams (though I seriously pressure cook everything--twice), and my attitude is a "I'll believe it when I see it."  I was very, very happy with The Hawk's Eye, and they get my total support for being cool, and with an extremely quick turn around and total communication via e-mail. I got my spores a week and a half faster than expected.  While I origianally intended to gow the Mexi-cubs, Huatla, and B+ for personal consumption and moving the Penis envy and KS to my friends, I am sure I will sample and give a report. Peace. The Drunken Afficianado  :grin:

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hawk's Product [Re: TheAfficianado]
    #2528754 - 04/05/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with ya. They did colonize fast. I'm just saying that I don't know why they call them a super strain.

"visions of death due to Southeast Asian violence where they're from" = Now that one I haden't heard before.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: Koh Samui Super Strain [Re: Hrethic]
    #2528769 - 04/05/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hrethic said:
Up to the grower? How so?

Deep substrate

--------------------

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Loc: Shithole, USA
Re: Koh Samui Super Strain [Re: Hrethic]
    #2528879 - 04/05/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hrethic said:
My one experience with them tells me i don't want to buy them again; very very long time till colonization and a high contam rate. It was 80 degrees even, and took nearly 3 weeks to get up to 50%, and even then many of them weren't. I think maybe in the perfect or near perfect growing conditions -Clyde- has they would flourish well, but not for me. :mushroom2:

First  off, add about 5*-6*F to your colonization temps and see what happens! Colonization time will decrease about 50%. 85*F is good but I think 86* is better!

Second, I have colonized and grown more than 50 pint jars of KS T3 and so far have not lost one jar to contams. Actually, so far I've only got one contam to date, on a small BRF casing that was on it's fourth flush.

As far as faster colonization, it's no faster than the Gulf Coast I grew.

This is a shot of a few KS's from my last WBS grow!

--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Offlinerollbot
    #2528883 - 04/05/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

no difference

i got mutants,low yeild ,hard trip

i've heard isolates can yeild

i like pesa for a classic shroomy smile.

Offlinemycomatt024
Stranger
Re: Koh Samui Super Strain [Re: rollbot]
    #4579802 - 08/25/05 02:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i think its just marketing but yeah all Thai strains are good colonizers

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: Koh Samui Super Strain [Re: wicish1]
    #4579838 - 08/25/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wicish1 said:
As far as faster colonization, it's no faster than the Gulf Coast I grew.

This is a shot of a few KS's from my last WBS grow!

Damn!! dude those look great!! my mouth was watering just looking at those! Icant waite till i get mine :grin: what did you grow on? im goin rye spawned to poo.

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom