Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomizle
Stranger
Did I mess up? =(
    #4578063 - 08/25/05 07:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hello, I am new to the boards and new to the whole shroom deal. This is my first try, so I am sure I did a few things wrong, but I was wondering if someone could tell me if they are life/death mistakes.

1)the spores came out of my needle before i injected them, it stayed in the bag that was supplied so i just sucked it back up, were the spores ruined?

2)I read somewhere that you are supposed to cover up the wholes you punched for injection, which now makes sense to me but I didnt read it on my tutorial, and it has been almost 4 days now and I do not see any signs of anything... If I cover the holes now will everything be fixed (if thats a factor). Thanks in advanced.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Did I mess up? =( [Re: shroomizle]
    #4578073 - 08/25/05 07:58 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

1- yes your spores are ruined unless your bag was sterile and you were working in a sterle environment.

2-ill assume you are doing the pf tek and if so then your dry verm layer will be very effective at fighting off contams, unless you didn twipe the side of the jar before making the dry verm layer.

welcome to the shroomery.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflinePixie1420
Gro'r nProgress
 User Gallery

#4578081 - 08/25/05 08:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'd cover the holes. Do you have a filter patch or polyfil in the lids of your jars? Good air exchange will speed up the process. Not too sure bout your spores, did you see them in your syringe before u injected? U are more likely to be at risk for contam, but its not a given. 4 days is early yet, just wait. Patience is a virtue! and u know the rest! Good luck.

--------------------
La vita Bella!

Offlineshroomizle
Stranger
Re: Did I mess up? =( [Re: Pixie1420]
    #4578107 - 08/25/05 08:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Alrite, Thanks. I went ahead and started covering like 10 minutes ago. I assume the bag was steril, it came from a website and in my mind, any business selling that sorta stuff should sterilize them. I did everything step by step making sure everything was sterile, i steamed the jars and everything.. but.... what is "twiping" the side of the jars? and yes i had the top layer of dry verm and i did use the PF TEK tutorial. What happened was,.....

me and a friend were hangin out and working on everything, then outa no where we realized the seringe was in 2 pieces (the suction thingy fell out somehow) so we did the best we could to suck everything back up from the small bag *its about 1inch wide and 7 inches tall* since this happened, instead of doing 10 jars i only did 7 incase some spores went missing, or something. I will give it 2 days then if i dont see any signs still should i dispose of the items?

PS: this isnt the forum for it, but i might mention im also growing weed in the same area, now i heard the shrooms need a humid area, and the box i have them in doesnt seem hott enough bc the jars are always a littole cold to the touch (they are glass but should they be cold still?) so i htought maybe for a few hours i could put them under a light to warm them up to the 76-84ish temperature. anyways, thanks for the help.

shroomizle

Offlineshroomizle
Stranger
    #4578125 - 08/25/05 08:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

doh >< i think i just got it, did you mean wipe? if so, no i didnt
=( but we were very clean on putting the wet verm into the jar without getting much on the sides.

Offlineshroomizle
Stranger
    #4578361 - 08/25/05 09:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

anyone else have anything to say before i leave for school?

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #4578376 - 08/25/05 10:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You don't need to cover the holes if using the PFTek that will interfer with gas exchange later on down the line (a big waste of time!) GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineDr_Demented
Shape Shifter

Loc: At the other end
    #4578574 - 08/25/05 11:30 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you should keep your jars in a warm, dark place. keep them in a shoe box or something. the lamps you have in your grow room should be enough to get them warm. buy an cheap thermometer and place in the box. then you'll know if it's alright.
and like what has already been said, four days is nothing. some jars can take weeks before you notice growth. in an perfect environment thing happens faster. you'll get a hang of it as you proceed.
good luck.

/Dr.

--------------------
-It all makes sence if you think about it for a while.

All you need to success in growing!

Offlineshroomizle
Stranger
Re: Did I mess up? =( [Re: Dr_Demented]
    #4579821 - 08/25/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey i appreaciate it all. Im im'ing someone on the board who did pf tek too and just started colognization or w.e so i can ask him questions like how long it took for him.

again, thx.

UPDATE: ok i solved the problem... you need warm.. BUT dark areas, so, i put the jars in my box for my plants but i tin foiled it up so light cant get in, but they will stay warm.

Edited by shroomizle (08/25/05 02:22 PM)

Offlineshroomizle
Stranger
    #4580119 - 08/25/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

OOPS one last thing... i should mention these are equadorian spores.

Offlinenyfeh
Stranger
    #4584215 - 08/26/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

bumpz0rz

Offlineshroomizle
Stranger
Re: Did I mess up? =( [Re: nyfeh]
    #4589389 - 08/27/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well... i looked at pftek again and the pics and i see no holes at the step that i am on, so i assume its too late and my jars are ruined because i listened to someone with 3k posts instead of the smart guy with 2x posts.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract