Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Just planted my salvia cutting yesterday...
    #4578629 - 08/25/05 11:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I place the cutting in a pot with some soil, covering up enough of the base for it to stand on it's own. Today I noticed the plant is leaning towards the window I placed her near. I'm a little worried that she isn't doing that to get the maximum amount of sun, but that something is wrong. I've watered her twice in the past 24 hours (the dirt was bone dry last time I watered her).

Just looking for advice to make sure she's ok.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: Just planted my salvia cutting yesterday... [Re: Twirling]
    #4578655 - 08/25/05 11:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It's probably leaning because it's dehydrated. It won't really be able to take up water from the soil until it has a few roots, but it will be losing water all the time from its leaves.
If I were you, I'd put it all into a big, clear plastic bag, and tie the top closed. This will give it a very humid environment so it won't dry out as much. Also, don't give it too much light while it is rooting.

Personally I put cuttings into a glass of water in a plastic bag. I like the water rooting method because it makes it easier for the unrooted cutting to absorb some water through its base, and you can see when it has formed roots, so you know when you can treat it like a normal plant. Just put it into some soil when it has a few roots about 1cm long. But rooting in soil does also work very well.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Just planted my salvia cutting yesterday... [Re: Openminded]
    #4578734 - 08/25/05 12:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Fortunately, it has developed roots, quite a few actually. But I think I'll use the plastic bag method to keep the humidity up. The past few days here have been rather dry, which is unfortunate timing because it's been fairly humid for awhile. Thanks.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4578775 - 08/25/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i wouldnt worry. keep her moist and dont let her dry out. She doesnt need a maximum amount of light. My plants never get direct sunlight.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Just planted my salvia cutting yesterday... [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4578841 - 08/25/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
keep her moist and dont let her dry out.

Never a problem with me....

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4579048 - 08/25/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Than all is good my friend all is good.

I grow mine in window sill boxes in the shadier parts of my yard. I figure the organic mass of my plants have doubled since i took them out there earlier this spring.

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #4580536 - 08/25/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, she is probably just in shock from the move and needs time to adjust to soil. You planted it in a well-draining soil, right? Either go with the plastic bag or put it on an evaporation tray. I prefer the tray because it still gets some air circulation. Good luck!

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Just planted my salvia cutting yesterday... [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4582040 - 08/25/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yup, she seems to be recovering well. I'm certainly going to keep an eye on her.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds