Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineguitarguymb
Your Mom'sDealer

experimental/desperation out door tek.....tell me what you think
    #4578423 - 08/25/05 12:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

OK i ordered a a few syringes off a vendor and attempted a grow with very little supplies. i boiled 12 brf jars and boiled them in a normal pot, due to the fact i have no pressure cooker. They were knocked up and placed in a cabinet that was covered with a plastic drop cloth , cleaned with alcohol + lysol and then taped shut. everything went fine until most jars were either half colonized or almost fully colonized, i was then struck with green contam and penicilin, please excuse the spelling. Well me not having much money and very determined decided to try to save the jars. i cut off all of the contamed areas and a large area around it, i then dunked the mycelium in hydrogen peroxide and water. Most mycelium was made into a casing , and a few were made into cakes. the cakes fruited but it wasn't a very good yield,and i didn't really expect it to be. the casing would not fruit, it got overlay and i scratched it etc. 2 weeks went by still not fruits. i then got a clear rubber maid and filled the bottom with 2 inches of perlite. The next layer was the overlayed casing, crumbled up spent cakes,and some wild bird seed i threw in for the hell of it. I then added a layer of all natural Manure/compost , about 3 qaurters of an inch. its been 3 days and the top layer of dung has wispy thin mycelium hairs growing eating through the dung. im thinking of letting the mycelium colonize through the dung more and adding a 1 inch layer of soaked hay on top. This grow is kept mostly shaded and is misted watered everyday becauase i am in Southern california. do you believe this has the possibility to fruit? your feed back is very muchly appreciated thank you.

--------------------
eatn acid while listenin to mungo jerry's "In the summertime"....

Edited by guitarguymb (08/25/05 02:36 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation