Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesoma_victim
Random

Loc: Lost
Effort ? .. p. tampenisis / philosopher's stones
    #4577565 - 08/25/05 03:01 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I purchased a vial of "philosopher's stones" (p. tampenesis I think - little hard truffles), and although I was just going to eat them, I noticed the place where I bought them has "grow in damp sand" written on the label of the vial.

This made me wonder... if I put one or two of these little truffles in some damp sand outside in a garden and watered it from time to time, would I have any luck? I imagine I wouldn't, since mushroom cultivation seems a little more complex than that, but thought I would just ask anyway.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesoma_victim
Random

Loc: Lost
Re: Effort ? .. p. tampenisis / philosopher's stones [Re: soma_victim]
    #4577583 - 08/25/05 03:04 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I just read some of the FAQs I could find, and noticed that yeah, it is probably a little more time consuming and difficult than that. down the hatch they go :wink:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Effort ? .. p. tampenisis / philosopher's stones [Re: soma_victim]
    #4577612 - 08/25/05 03:13 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yep just a bit, "soil" the are using as a loose term. Youd need rye grass seed, soaked and sterilized..then you could use a small peice of the inside of a stone, add to the grass seed (in a sterile environment) and go about it like that. You can also order the spores of Tamps or Mex A's (better stone production) and shoot up some jars of seed and do some grows. Its pretty simple, after you shoot them up, you just leave them sit for 2-6 months, then harvest the stones. Simple, not quite as simple as sticking in dirt though.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation