Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! * 21
    #4576865 - 08/24/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Making the syringes.

1. Well first I fill up a half pint jar with filtered water.
2. Then I like to add 2 or three drops of jet dry to the water (keeps spores from clumping and sticking to the sides of the syringe) and fill the syringes.
3. I put the syringes into a quart jar and put them in the pc so the needle tip faces up. (if they don?t face up the water will shoot out when it boils.
4. I wrap 1 shot glass for each syringe in foil, put them in a quart jar and put them in the pc too.
5. I pc at 15psi for an hour.
6. When it?s all still hot as hell I load it all into a glove box that has had the living shit sprayed out of it with Lysol the night before. Spore prints to be used go in too.
7. This part is just a me thing but when it cools I unwrap and use one shot glass for each syringe. Flake off the print into the shot glass the amount of spores your going to use, shoot in the water from one of the syringes and suck it back up with the spores. The amount of spores used is up to you cause at this point I go overboard again.

I know there is a lot of steps in this and it?s a lot of overkill but it does leave little room for contams.

Prepping the grain and jars.

1. First thing I do is put one cup of rye in each jar.

2. Put in enough water for the soaking. I like to soak for 24 hrs. Notice the difference in the color of the water after 24 hrs. Bacteria spores have started to germinate. This is the reason we soak the grain. Many believe that this is where water is added but this is not true. We are germinating the bacteria endo spores because they can survive a PC if we don?t.

3. I pour out the water and fill and shake and pour that out. Put in a pot and the water is ready to simmer for 45 min. During the simmer is when the water is added to the grain

4. Simmer the grain and then rinse with water. I like to pour 6 gallons threw the grain. (no reason for 6 it?s just a me thing) The grain is ready to be put into jars and PCd.

5. Put 2 hole?s in the jar lids. One is a breather and one is for the syringe needle. Put a piece of tyvek over the top add the ring and some foil and your ready to PC. Be sure to leave room in the jars to shake the grain

6. Load the PC and pc for 1 hour at 15 psi. Here is a finished jar.

Now your ready for the next step.

Incubator set up.

1. First thing get your bottom tub and put in your heater. I also add a water pump to mix the water that way it heats up much more evenly but it isn?t a necessary item. I got the tape from a boat shop and it has been working for some time. Good stuff for underwater.

2. Next put something (I used tall half pints) in each corner of the tub. This will keep the heater and pump safe from being smashed if I put in to many jars or do something stupid.

3. Now be sure to set the heater before you put on the top tub. I attach the top tub with zip ties cause the top tub will want to float.

4. Add the water. I like to add as much water as I can before it starts to spill out.

5. If you use the heaters with the external controls set them now to get ready for the jars. Mine use a dial and a sensor that gives the temp inside the chamber rather then the water. It also has a metal bulb rather then a glass one.

6. Finished

Inoculation

1. First get your work area ready.

2. One of the reasons I like tyvek is cause you can write on it.

3. I like to heat the needle tip then cool it with a alcohol wipe.

4. Inoculate the grain. I like to use 2.5 cc per quart.

5. I like to cover the inoculation hole with a band-aid. I like em cause they come sterile.

6. Shake up the jars real good and put em in a 82 F ? 27.7C to 86F ? 30C incubator.

7. I like to shake the jars again when they are about 25% colonized then once more at about 50% to 75% done.

The waiting game.

1. This is the hard part, the waiting game. Here is a jar 3 ? days after being shot up.
Few days later

The first part of the waiting game is over time to get the casing mix together.

1. Well it?s been exactly 9 days and the jars are done. Time to get the casing supplies.
2. I like coco coir and verm mix. Be sure you get coir and not fiber. Coir is on the left and fiber is on the right. Coir in the package. Verm can be found all over the place and looks like this.
3. Add water to the coir as the directions say. Here is a brick. Here is one with 4 quarts of water added.
4. Prepare your verm. I just put it in a jar and fill it let it soak, drain then add to a pot.
5. Now mix (I used 2 parts coir to 1 part verm). Here it is when mixed.
6. Put the mix into jars (I just use the grain jars) and pc for 1 ? hrs at 15 psi. (Once again just something I do)

Making the casing.

1. I like to pc everything. I pc the casing layer, the casing containers, the foil that goes over the top, and the spoons and forks I use to do the work.
2. I like to do the work of putting the casing together in a walk in closest that I have. I spray the shit out of the air with oust and wait a few minutes then start the work. (With a face mask)
3. I pour a little (about a half inch) of the casing layer into the container.
4. Now scoop the myc out of your jar and put it in the container on top of the bottom casing layer that you put in. Once you have the amount of colonized substrate (these casings will be 1 quart each) that you want to use even it out so it?s nice and flat on top.
5. Now add the top casing layer. (In this case ? to ? inch of casing layer) A good rule of thumb is a top casing layer ? as thick as the substrate layer.
6. Now cover (I like to use foil) and put into the incubator. Usually this last 4 to 7 days. A finished casing should look a little like this (I suggest covering the sides of clear containers to prevent side pinning. These will be left uncovered for pictures used in this post)

Time to put the casings in the chamber.

1. When the myc starts to break the casing surface is when I like to put them in the chamber . Lots of people like to patch at this time. Myself I?ve never been one for patching so in the chamber they go.
2. I like to use the tent style chamber that uses the cool mist running all the time and a ultrasonic that comes on every few hours for so many minutes.
3. This is a Martha Stewart closet and hose set up.
This is a Martha Stewart closet and hose set up.

in the box

I use the ultrasonic and cool mist. Very firm believer in air exchange.

In the electrical Dept of the hardware store I find these. and on the ultrasonic Now on the back of the closet I cut the holes for the hose fittings and put tape over them and cut holes threw the tape for the fittings. The reason for the tape is to give the closet plastic a little extra strength when holding the hose weight. The outlet for the ultrasonic goes above the cool mist outlet that way the mist from the ultrasonic drops into the air stream of the cool mist and mixes better.

4. Now that the casings are in the chamber it?s time to wait for pinning.
5. If the coir starts to get a little lighter in color it may be starting to get dry. Now is a good time to mist them with some sterile water, it?s safe to mist up to the point of pinning.

Well it's been a week and pinning has started.

A few days later

Well some of the veils are starting to tear so it'a time to think about harvesting and taking prints

1. Harvesting is easy. Just be sure to remove the whole shroom and leave none behind to rot on the casing.
2. Cover the spots that show cause of the picked shrooms with casing material and spray it down real good with the water H202 mix.
3. If you dunk your casings now would be the time.

Now I suggest you take your own prints to use

Well this is how I like to do it. I like to get my foil ready like this That way when the print is done you have these flaps to fold over.

I then get a half pint jar (wide mouth) and prepare it like this. I ditch the disk and silicone in a tyvek disk. This will allow the cap to dry a little as sits in the jar. (Which causes more spores to drop and prevents the cap from rotting. Will also allow the prints to dry once the mushroom cap is removed.)

Next put in the foil and cover with the lid. Put some foil on top and pc for one hour at 15 psi.

Now uncover and wipe off and your little print chamber is ready.

Now take the jar to your mushroom chamber and loosen the top but don?t remove it.

I like to put a pin in each of the mushroom caps I?m going to print.

Cut the shroom just below the cap and put it on the foil in the jar as fast as you can. Easy to do since the jar lid is loose.

Put it in a glovebox or where you like to do your work.

In 24 hrs open up and take out the cap by the pin (now we know what the pin is for) and put the cap back on. Let it sit for 24 hrs again to let the spores dry.

Once dry fold up foil and store in a cool dry place

I hate to clean my print foil with alcohol.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Magash]
    #4576901 - 08/24/05 10:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm you sparked up a good one didnt you :stoned:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Magash] * 1
    #4576940 - 08/24/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You sure do know how to contribute!!

Thank you Magash!

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: OldSpice]
    #4576951 - 08/24/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Al haven't seen ya in a bit what's been up.

and does this answer the question

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineBlackhart
DwnWthVwls
 User Gallery

Loc: Marmalade Sky
    #4577025 - 08/24/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wow! I feel the love in this room! I have definitely archived this.

--------------------
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men...GO GO GODZILLA!

You've begun to matter more than the things you say- JesusChristSuperstar

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Blackhart]
    #4577098 - 08/24/05 10:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Nice that you reposted this and brought it to the top. Always a good read :smile:

Invisiblegotbeer
Stranger
Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! *DELETED* [Re: Magash] * 1
    #4577569 - 08/25/05 01:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by gotbeer

Reason for deletion: Deleting old posts.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: gotbeer]
    #4577604 - 08/25/05 01:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not magash but Ill give it a shot..

1) No he didnt. Theres no step for it, and he usually doesnt bother. It would have been a homemade syringe, black as hell from thick spores. 6-9 days is fully possible if you get the right water content with quarts of rye, from spores.

2) If you were to put a therm in, it would be from 190-210 about...simmering is kind of boiling, but just below, small bubbles, not a rolling boil or anything.

3) Anyway you like, just make sure you dont seal the jars, but their are open holes for moisture to go in and out. Personally, I just use the lid with no holes, and flip the lid so rubberside is up. That way the jar doesnt seal, but you dont need to mess with holes, foil, tyvek, or anything else on the jars of casing mix. Recently I started using PP bags to PC the casing mix too, just put a rubberband on tight, but loose enough for air to excape slowly.

4) He doesnt cover the sides with anything. You can just flip out the containers to get anything on the sides and bottom, if pins form..or you can cover the sides..personally these days I line the inside of the container with tin foil, then put the substrate in there..makes for a nice easy and excellent cover for the sides.

5) One cup, is enough seed for one jar. It expands to like 3 times its size, and you want to leave some room to shake. If you fill your jars up quite full, you might need to soak a few extra jars, to fill all the jars you want..but about a cup per should be good.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Magash] * 1
    #4577862 - 08/25/05 03:58 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Hey Al haven't seen ya in a bit what's been up.

and does this answer the question

Ive been just fine Maga, Got a lot of projects going on as usual
Damn nice bud as usual :stoned: :thumbup:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

OfflineTheLightIsOn
In the worst ofall your fears

#4577899 - 08/25/05 05:19 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

3 questions for ya:

1) Were do I get the rye and what does it say on the package?

2) What type of syringes do you use since you can PC them?

3) I'm not too sure with the casing procedure that you've done. I've noticed you only used rye as your substrate. Is there any reason why you didn't add anything to the fully colonized rye like poo or anything else?

-PEACE

--------------------
AFOAF's current multi-grow log

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: TheLightIsOn]
    #4577994 - 08/25/05 07:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

1. Rye Berries at health food store, or Winter/Fall/Summer Rye at Feed stores.

2. As far as I know all syringes can be pressure cooked

3. This is a Rye tek. Poo can also be used if you spawn the rye to the poo.

Offlineswiftmonkeynuts
Stranger
Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4578036 - 08/25/05 07:40 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I got some rye berries from a local nursery and followed this tech but I get mostly contam's after 7 or 8 days and very little if any growth in the jar. Innoced with b+ LC should have been a pretty good run. I checked everywhere on the large bag the rye was in but no mention of fungacides. Should I call the manufacturer to inquire about their grain treatment methods?

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: swiftmonkeynuts]
    #4578052 - 08/25/05 07:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Were you using sterile techniques?

I would review the way you injected, stored, etc.

The pressure Cooker should get rid of anything that would be used in treatment. I doubt it was the Rye.

Offlinemycomatt024
Stranger
Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4578645 - 08/25/05 11:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Great Rye TEk Magash very thorough. What strain is that and is coco coir at most pet shops? also did u use Foxfarm products to grow that fantastic looking bud cus i like all their stuff especially their Ocean forest potting soil

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: mycomatt024]
    #4580543 - 08/25/05 04:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What strain is that and is coco coir at most pet shops? Orissa and yeah it's at most pet stores and pretty much all hydro shops

also did u use Foxfarm products to grow that fantastic looking bud cus i like all their stuff especially their Ocean forest potting soil

--------------------

Offlinedeva1
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4581333 - 08/25/05 07:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Some wicked purple in that nug......what is the blessed strain? Thanks for perfecty detailing the next stage in my grow........telepathy I tell ya!

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: deva1]
    #4581519 - 08/25/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yea i luuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvv magash's pics....awsome grow and.. wow!!..  that nug just chokes me up.. i mean i WISH that nug just choked me up...  aaaaahhhhhhh.....

:bongload:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4581650 - 08/25/05 09:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dude i knew a guy that had a peanut farm up near Waco Tx, Anyway he was a tall ass stork looking dude and his freezer was full of budd he had saved for like 15 yrs.
This shit was all purple and i got sick trying to smoke a very small joint, This dude was a country hick and he came over one night because his girlfriend had shot him with a .22 pistol :shocked:
I got my dad to fix his ass up {Hes a pharmacist and was a corpman in Korea} That was some crazy shit and it wasnt the first time that bitch had shot him either
In wish i could hook up with that dude again :stoned:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye bitches RYE !!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: deva1]
    #4582774 - 08/26/05 12:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

what is the blessed strain?..............I hear it's lifesaver

--------------------

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
    #4582829 - 08/26/05 01:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

mmmmmmmmm...mmmmm...mmmm....mmmmmmmmmmm...mmmmmm.....  indeed it has the look of benevolence!.. and dang!.. you sure do have some cool avatars...  tis always a pleasure to peruse your posts.

:bongload:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder