Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetriplesix
Stranger
lsd and mental state of mind
    #4576854 - 08/24/05 11:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i took lsd for the first time about 3 weeks ago and i only took one hit all thought i didn't trip hard unless i stared at things then i would see things as it was wearing off i got this intense pain in my neck and i couldn't sleep even after i stopped tripping well i went outside to smoke and every thing looked different not like trip-in different but it just didn't look the same to me as before the trees the sky like Ive lost touch with reality but I'm not seeing any visuals if i shift my eyes i might see transparent lines or dots but that's about it i just dint feel myself any more is this a mental illness or and i just not used to whats real cause of what i saw while on LSD if any one can help please email me or reply on here triplesix42069@yahoo.com

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheCrawlingKing
Lost Soul

Re: lsd and mental state of mind [Re: triplesix]
    #4578156 - 08/25/05 10:49 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hey man, it sounds like you have what I'm currently going through. I took mushrooms awhile back and I still don't feel as though I am 'in reality' just quite yet. I also have floaters and other visual symptoms which are a nuisance. I can also relate to you 'not feeling yourself' anymore. It sounds as though you have a mild case of depersonalization/derealization caused by your last trip.

I'd definitely stay away from the pot for awhile, and other drugs. You should also realise that these things are not permanent, and will fade with time if you live healthy and stay away from stimulants.

Finally, check out this thread that I posted a few days ago, there have been some excellent replies which I'm sure you will find helpful.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4566488/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

Be strong, stay away from drugs for awhile, and don't give up the good fight. It will pass. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4578260 - 08/25/05 11:22 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

As some famous guy once said. "you are beginning to learn". :wink: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4578488 - 08/25/05 01:05 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The world looks different for most everyone after an LSD trip, whether they actively realize it or not. You're fine man.

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: lsd and mental state of mind [Re: Organic]
    #4578515 - 08/25/05 01:13 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
The world looks different for most everyone after an LSD trip, whether they actively realize it or not. You're fine man.

yes indeed

now it really gets interesting after about 1000 trips......taste the rainbow!

Offlinetriplesix
Stranger
Re: lsd and mental state of mind [Re: goobler]
    #4578749 - 08/25/05 02:13 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

OK so i don't have that hpdd or whatever its called I'm just need to recover from my trip I'm on probation so i cant smoke weed and i rarely drink so my best bet is just to ride it out and your sure it will go away and i see psychiatrist but i don't want to share with him i took LSD cause he would prob tell my probation officer and i think I'm feeling this way because of what i saw on LSD and I'm not used to reality does that make sense i all so have high anxiety and I'm on xanax should i still take xanax or should i just stop altogether and like it's been about 5 days since i took LSD I'm never gonna do it again to say the least but I've seen on the net where they say some people never come out of this state of mind and its starting to scare me i just want my life back

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4578792 - 08/25/05 02:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thats the problem, you read it on the internet. I believe the depersonalization is nothing at all but your mind playing tricks with you. You have to accept everything you learned during the trip and after the trip. If your constantly thinking about getting better because you think nothing is right, its going to continue. Just pick up a new hobby (online poker is good, pratice some mediatation).

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#4578814 - 08/25/05 02:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Relax.

After my first trip, I was aware I took LSD for every second out of the day for at least a month. I did a lot of reading beforehand, like The Psychedelic Experience, so I expected a life-changing experience, but still I was taken back by what I had been shown. It takes a long time to integrate and decipher the experience. I have bad social anxiety and I'm sure LSD didn't help it after I started using, but I can safely say that after hundreds of individual trips, after a month or two of not tripping, the 'shocks' on your system caused by such a powerful experience will have smoothed out and you can reason out your problems in a 'normal' way again.

We're here for you. It might help to open up and share more about your experience. Good luck :heart:

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4578935 - 08/25/05 02:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It doesn't even sound like it was the LSD. He said he only took one hit and from his description he barely even felt anything. Sounds like from his post he has other issues other than LSD. If you are on xanax for anxiety I wouldn't be messing around with LSD. He is also seeing a therapist so that must mean he is troubled in some way. Also I wouldn't be afraid to share your experience with the therapist he can't legally share that information with anybody unless you tell him you plan on hurting yourself or someone else. Its call doctor/client privilege.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: lsd and mental state of mind [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4578994 - 08/25/05 03:03 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

He must have felt *something* to feel completely out of touch with reality. I too felt that horrific feeling my first time, on the come-down, and thought 'This is what an insane person must feel like'. I don't know his whole situation, it would help if he shared more about himself and the experience, I can only lend what I know from having anxiety and my personal experience on my first trip. Lots of people take LSD that have serious issues, and they are exacerbated, and lots of people recover just fine.

triplesix: The neck pain was probably from being in an uncomfortable position and not noticing or caring at the time. Its normal to not be able to sleep for many hours after the peak as well.

--------------------

Offlinetriplesix
Stranger
    #4580159 - 08/25/05 05:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I See but i see my psychiatrist just for anxiety i don't have any other problems and it was some good LSD i mean one hit was enough i mean i saw tracers i herd noises that went there it seemed as though time stood still i felt real happy and couldn't stop laughing at some points then i felt nervous i could star at the clouds and they would move or manipulate it to shapes i see color spectrum's but i mean i wasn't trying to just stare at things i wanted it to go away i didn't feel like it was a horrifying trip but i mean i don't think i was ready for it and like i don't look at things like i used to any more every thing just seems different like i said maybe its because of what i seen and now i opened my mind up and i need to relax but i mean i just don't feel my self any more I've been reading your advice and I'm trying my best to try to figure out something and the hit of LSD wasn't a small hit so maybe it was more the one hit hell i dunno i just ate it and i wish i hadn't lol

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#4580254 - 08/25/05 05:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Haha, I feel you completely man :smile: Everything will be fine. Trips are called 'trips' for a reason :smile: You don't have to eat LSD any more, but I have a feeling that in a short while you may be ready for the experience or at least come to terms with it. My first hit had me laughing uncontrollably for hours, time dilation, everything you described. Its normal man, I feel I would have felt the same way you do now if I hadn't done a lot of reading before. If you haven't already, check out www.erowid.org 's LSD vault. Read some of the Psychedelic Experience. Find the User "Wiccan_Seeker" on the User List here and check out some of the links in his sig. With more reading, the more normal you will realize what you are feeling is. Good luck bro

--------------------

Offlinetriplesix
Stranger
    #4581744 - 08/25/05 11:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

how long did it take you to feel normal again fi you dont mind me askin its only been a week and i kno lsd only stays in ur system for a couple fo days i mean does it take like months to feel a little better?

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #4582286 - 08/26/05 01:08 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Taking psychadelic drugs for the frist time definatly opened up a new part of thought to me. Some of it will stick with you, but calm down, slow the thoughts, breath. Everything is cool. I normally have a noticable afterglow from lsd for atleats a week. I can just tell in my mindset ive done psychadelic drugs.

THe best thing i can tell you is to keep your mind occupied, pick up a new hobby and not to worry about it. It will pass.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
Re: lsd and mental state of mind [Re: baraka]
    #4582814 - 08/26/05 03:04 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

man...my first time on LSD i took 4 hits. i lost absolutely ANY idea on what to think on ANYTHING. i was hearing fucking helicopters fly overhead and also heard seagulls. the visuals were the craziest of any drug ive ever taken. it was a rough experience, i think i had somewhat of a 'bad trip' because one of my best friends was wanting to fight me right after i ate the shit. but oh well, id do it again. although shrooms or high doses of MDMA have my vote before acid.

i cant say my perspective on life has changed much from the acid experience. other than that i have a better idea of what type of fucked up places drugs can take me to. i dont know how to apply seeing my friend turn computerized and having a large tongue flip out of his mouth to my future life decisions lol.

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#4583184 - 08/26/05 09:13 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It took me at least a month to do a task and not be thinking something related to LSD. I was constantly aware of my changed perception. After a month or so though, it faded into my normal perception. It was still there, but I could dissect what was important, real, and what was not. I really don't think you have anything to worry about man. Feel free to send me a PM anytime.

--------------------

OfflineHBS
Male

#4583258 - 08/26/05 10:25 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

from having been mentally 'hurt', traumatized even, by so many bad mushroom trips ... i have somewhat concluded that a bad trip, and overall depersonalization, is nothing more than the want to see things how you saw them in the past ... a fear of changes, especially BIG, sudden changes, in your everyday consciousness, like after acid!

i think learning to integrate all of the experience into a new way of life, rather than run away from it, is not only essential, but very beneficial in any case .. running away will ALWAYS make it worse ...

Offlinetriplesix
Stranger
    #4617626 - 09/03/05 11:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

OK well it has been to weeks now I'm been as occupied as i can hanging out with friends and going place to place but i still feel like shit i clench my teeth now like all the time i cant stop no matter how hard i try I'm still seeing floaters and like at fast food places if i look at the menu then at the wall i can see the writing there i don't know if i could before but it sucks and I'm seeing like TV static at night time and i still feel more of the derealization the the depersonalization i trying my best but i just cant cope with it or i cant find a way out of how i feel now

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #4617933 - 09/04/05 12:30 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

do you want a way back out to how you were before, or would you be
happy with a way through to something you haven't ever been?

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlinetriplesix
Stranger
Re: lsd and mental state of mind [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4619970 - 09/04/05 07:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

well to say the least today im feeling a whole lot better i mowd the lawn and i feel as if im simi normal again and i hope it gets better just to let u all kno

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being