Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblemoog
Stranger

higher consciousness... how do you handle it?
    #4576180 - 08/24/05 07:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Back when i was a teenager and first started indulging in drugs, i had a hard time coming to grips with my experiences while under the influence. The first "mind-expanding" drug i used was cannabis. It was a lot of fun until one day i got really, really high by accident from eating too much of it. I had what you could call my first bad trip. It was at that point that i realized that higher consciousness wasn't just a slightly different state of mind but a completely strange and unusual place you could visit, where you could be confronted at any time with weird, unexpected, and sometimes frightful thoughts.

I remember one evening in particular when i was smoking some potent bud with a good friend. We smoked so much that i had to refuse smoking any more because i was so high. I felt like i was going to either leave this dimension permenantly or die, or both. I truly thought i was no longer on Earth and in a another world completely. I began thinking about how cannabis was a fairly mild drug compared to LSD and mushrooms, and i remember thinking to myself, "if pot can do this to a person, what the hell does acid do!?" I couldn't imagine retaining control of my sanity on a more powerful dose of anything.

After a few years of regular smoking, however, i got more and more comfortable with being really high. It was like making friends with a person i was intially distrustful of. I eventually went on to try a whole slew of drugs, including our beloved shroomies. But to this day i simply can't handle a moderately high dose of any drug. I usually feel like i'm losing control of my thoughts and thus also my actions and don't like it at all.

So, is there some key to staying calm while in the worlds of higher consciousness? How do YOU handle it? Have you always been able to handle your drugs or did you learn through bad trips?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: moog]
    #4576252 - 08/24/05 07:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

How do YOU handle it?

having been burned, i only push doses higher a little bit at a time, and take care not to go beyond my comfort zone.  i have psychological limits!  it seems unwise to disregard that.  if someone else can eat 7g dry without flinching, good for them, but dose size is not the source of my self-esteem.

sadly, penis size is!  :undecided:

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

InvisibletrendalM
Jā™ 
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4576270 - 08/24/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

To be honest, I still struggle with some of the implications of my more extensive drug experiences, especially those under the grip of Salvia D.

How do I handle this? It isn't hard. I know that there are many things which I do not yet know, or do not yet understand. Such knowledge can't bother me, because what I know is a mere pinpoint in the vast universe of what I don't know. If I let it bother me, I think it would just be too overwhelming.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4576283 - 08/24/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Really good questions.

First I think that high doses of pot are as powerfull as most other psychedelics.

Losing control is common to all of my committed dose tripping. That's just what happens when the egoic cultural personality structure is overwhelmed. That little sucker thinks it's you and thinks that "you" just make a big mistake and are now going to die. The thing to do is let go and die. I find this happens automatically at some point. Some other part of me does this. It is a fucking scary ride, especially those first times. You ego gets stronger with repeated experiences and learns to let go eaiser. It starts to become a healthy guardian instead of a despotic guard. Now sometimes I get so high that I just start to dream and my subconscious comes roaring out. Then it's really wierd and hard to remember later, just like dreams are.

Now why would you do this? For me it helps me with the challenges of  my daily life. I am less scared of life because my little ego is not so paranoid about everything and knows how to let go a little when things get scary.

Remember the Universe asks just one question of you. "How much can you take". :mushroom2: :smile:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: Icelander]
    #4576327 - 08/24/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I has a few freaky sort of negativwe experiences on ultra high psychedelic doses. At each level above the previous one I would be confronted with aspects of self that I did not want to know about. So, when I encountered this I either accepted or eliminated the aspect using meditation and self therapy. Knowing the self is the key to accepting massive doses of psychedelics and understanding them. One eventually learns to let go of self and flow with the stream of conciousness. The highest dose of LSD I ever took was about 1700mcgs. It was sort of like dying at first....but one must let go and abandon themselves to the experience.

"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That?s control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He let?s go. That?s abandon."

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ā€• Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4576338 - 08/24/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think that few would know more about this than you. :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4576381 - 08/24/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

All anyone has to do is keep taking massive psychedelic doses...you have to adapt in order to endure it. The funny thing is after hitting the upper dose limit it will top out. On acid about 1100mcgs is no different than 1700. 1700 might last a little longer. On shrooms 10-12grams seems to be in this range. Ayahuasca has a similar limit as well. Mescaline just starts making you feel sick after ingesting a gram so it is self limiting as well. DMT is another matter, but after a certain point I understand you simply black out. I have only had 3 DMT experiences so I am not as familiar with it. Salvia I am still new too and once you get into the doses that Trendal is discussing you get reluctant to go farther as I don't know where it becomes unhealthy. Most of these things are safe to experiment with and at various times in my life I have had near unlimited access to them. The recent drug they posted a warning about...the dragonfly stuff. It is supposed to last 3 days...that could be an awesome assistance to a vision quest. Anyone ever try it?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ā€• Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4576407 - 08/24/05 08:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have done 1200 mcgs. I saw so much nasty stuff in the friends I was doing it with. I dropped them completely and didn't trip for 2 years. :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4576503 - 08/24/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hopefully you did it again in a proper setting?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
Jā™ 
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4576515 - 08/24/05 08:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Salvia definitely follows your examples of "limits" for psychedelics. There's a dose you get to (most people call it the "breakthrough" dose) where any further increases in dose will not significantly increase the depth, or extent, of the experience. Once you get "there", it seems you can't get any farther. If you go too far, you simply black out or, if you do have an experience, are completely unable to remember any of it afterwords.

It is those breakthrough experiences (and their implications) that I am still struggling with.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: trendal]
    #4576663 - 08/24/05 09:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i let go, theres not that much here to hold on to anyway

its a wonderful thing when i do let go, i love it

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: SerioOria]
    #4577695 - 08/25/05 01:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

when
i can't handle it
i seek "releasing" and
i follow the sense of breath

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:šŸ§   _ :finger:

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4578048 - 08/25/05 07:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wow it sounds like you and Icelander both have some hardcore experiences under your belts. I guess with age you tend to deal with it better too.

I guess i just have a problem with letting go, and losing control. It's something i'm still trying to deal with. The ego is strange. I know, intellectually, that there's more to me than "me" yet at the peak of the experience when it comes time to explore that, the ego's defenses go up automatically.

And here i was considering experimenting with salvia, but i don't think i could handle anything that intense, even just for 5 or 10 minutes.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4578130 - 08/25/05 08:31 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Hopefully you did it again in a proper setting?

No I didn't. I started using plants almost exclusively in my next incarnation. Cactus and Mushrooms. I have only recently returned to Learys favorite.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4578153 - 08/25/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Salvia definitely follows your examples of "limits" for psychedelics. There's a dose you get to (most people call it the "breakthrough" dose) where any further increases in dose will not significantly increase the depth, or extent, of the experience. Once you get "there", it seems you can't get any farther. If you go too far, you simply black out or, if you do have an experience, are completely unable to remember any of it afterwords.

It is those breakthrough experiences (and their implications) that I am still struggling with.

This brings up an interesting question. I have a speculation on the blackout phase or where you remember nothing. I have also had similar experience on high dose mushrooms. I felt like I was dreaming or in a dream. While it was happening I was like in a dream, similar to salvia in the sense that the world was gone. As soon as I started to come down everything became real again and the awesome things I witnessed began to fade rapidly just as in a dream upon awakening. My guess is that I fully entered the subconscious realm and wasn't able to utilize my conscious self in experiencing the trip. All of a sudden I snapped back into consciousness on a mountain side and realized that I had come up to vision quest and that the trip was ending. I do remember the vision comming on at the onset the hallucinations were some of the most powerfull I have had and were somewhat salvia like. These were much better shrooms than I had been using and I was only using 6 grams. I was blown into my subconscious in just a flash. It was very strange. I felt so fine afterwards though. And a new level of change began in my life at that time.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4578168 - 08/25/05 08:55 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moog said:
Wow it sounds like you and Icelander both have some hardcore experiences under your belts. I guess with age you tend to deal with it better too.

I guess i just have a problem with letting go, and losing control. It's something I'm still trying to deal with. The ego is strange. I know, intellectually, that there's more to me than "me" yet at the peak of the experience when it comes time to explore that, the ego's defenses go up automatically.

And here i was considering experimenting with salvia, but i don't think i could handle anything that intense, even just for 5 or 10 minutes.

We all have a problem with letting go. If not on the trip than somewhere else in our lives. It's all good. You are right about the ego defenses going up automatically. Just like they do in daily life, right. :grin: An unhealthy/unskillful ego structure is petty, afraid, and very easy to predict because it only has one approach to every situation. It only has one idea about how to handle the many experiences of life.  A great man (Moshe Feldenkrais) said. "If you have many ideas, you will have good ideas."

It doesn't matter how much psychedelics you can ingest, some are much more sensitive than others.( I am very slow and think headed, so it takes a lot sometimes for me) It's how much you experience that counts.

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4578630 - 08/25/05 11:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moog said:

Maybe Salvia might be a good thing. I'm like you in the fact that the thought of losing control scares me since most of the time my thoughts go to the dark side of self-analysis on mushrooms, and the thought of it lasting for a few hours doesn't help. But Salvia for me is less scary than mushrooms because it does last for such a short time and it doesn't give me a chance to color the experience with my worrying since it comes on so quick. My trips on Salvia have been strange, but not polluted with negative thoughts, I just feel the anticipation before I smoke and not the anxiety. You will have to decide, but just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4578712 - 08/25/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i]Now sometimes I get so high that I just start to dream and my subconscious comes roaring out.

This happened to me on Ayahuasca to some extent. I was with a Shaman, but as it was my first experience I didn't really know how to approach it. After I drank I just wanted to lie down and sleep. The only way to describe where it took me was to the inner core of me and it wasn't a pretty sight. I WAS able to pull up the memory of drinking, but only for a while and then it was off to the depths of me. I never knew the Shaman was there or even had that thought at all. It was really heavy.

The next night I drank again and told myself that I would stay more focused on the Shaman and try to be more "aware". It worked to a certain extent because even though I went back to finish of some unfinished work, I was more coherent and finally got the message that was being imparted to me. And the weird thing was that as soon as I "got it" I woke up straight. It was very cool.

In "The Writings of Black Elk" he says a warrior must have courage, patience, endurance and alertness. I remembered the alertness part before I drank the second time and I think that going into it with that thought helped a lot.

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4578739 - 08/25/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think this is right on. On that experience I was quite scared as it was my first high dose alone on that mountain. I knew there was alot of mountain lions around and it had taken me a year to get the courage up to do it. My intent was just to get up there and swollow them. So I didn't have strong intent to be aware. It was easy then to go unconscious. The interesting thing is that it was one of my most beneficial experiences.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4578764 - 08/25/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A drugged mind does not equal higher consciousness.

Next.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: Swami]
    #4578922 - 08/25/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

sometimes swami, I don't know how you can handle it.
I am at my wits' end with all the degenerates.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4579144 - 08/25/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
A drugged mind does not equal higher consciousness.

Next.

Nor does an undrugged one. Per capita though, Id guess psychedelic users are more awake and aware then your law abiding types, which rule this fair land.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #4579317 - 08/25/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

higher consciousness... how do you handle it?
Smoke pot, drink beer and sometimes a good shroomie-vojage ?
:laugh:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #4580169 - 08/25/05 03:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ya, i tried to type this last night but my comp fucked up

most of my salvia experiences were really weird, they have made me question the bindings of our universe more than anything else

each and every time ive done salvia, it feels like i see into another dimension, not another dimension, but every dimension that runs parallel to my own. and i myself feel like there is a spirit or force that is warping me up and putting me into a storage compartment, and i can see the same thing happening in all these other dimensions. one time i felt like this was happening but i was like sliding around the curved side of someones shoulder, it was weird

the most powerful trip i had was amazing, basically i could see time and ever fragment of time since the physical reality we know of started, i could also see the beginning which was a white ball of light, and i could see the other dimensions of physical worlds' times that spread out from this beginning in different directions from our own.

it was amazing, and as swami said a drugged mind does not equal a higher consciousness, but i really think that it can help, i know that if i had never touched drugs i sure as hell wouldn't be into meditation and the spiritual what nots that i am into now, in essence i would not have pursued the higher consciousness, because i just didnt care

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4580361 - 08/25/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

or know??

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4580470 - 08/25/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Per capita though, Id guess psychedelic users are more awake and aware then your law abiding types, which rule this fair land.

So you fabricate a statistic (even as a guess) to make a point? I don't get it. Is this how you recommend we all approach debate?

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4580511 - 08/25/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Per capita though, Id guess psychedelic users are more awake and aware then your law abiding types, which rule this fair land.

So you fabricate a statistic (even as a guess) to make a point? I don't get it. Is this how you recommend we all approach debate?

How can you fabricate a statistic if its a guess? When did I recommend "we all" approch debate this way? Did you miss your swim today?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4583100 - 08/26/05 04:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You old men bicker so much, you can tell you love each other. :wink:

:grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4583104 - 08/26/05 04:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"Per capita" is a statistical phrase attempting to give more meaning to your unsubstantiated position.

Did you miss your swim today?
I was pulled out of the washer too early as I was still only on the spin cycle.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4583106 - 08/26/05 04:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You old men bicker so much, you can tell you love each other.

We're practicing for "Grumpy Old Men III". I am hoping for the Jack Lemmon part.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4583204 - 08/26/05 07:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
You old men bicker so much, you can tell you love each other. :wink:

:grin:

I think Swami and I are quite alike. So he often gets under my skin. He is a teacher of mine. I do love him.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4583540 - 08/26/05 10:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I think Swami and I are quite alike. So he often gets under my skin. He is a teacher of mine. I do love him.

That was my point. :wink:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #4583569 - 08/26/05 10:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hehe, yes.. I did mean it somehow similar.
My consciousness in day to day is sometimes much too high and our (human-made) world is much too limited, so I need the dissruptions of those drugs to rebalance myself and don't get strain away in normal (non-drug) life...

*distortion for rebalancing*

Drugs may show you something. Elaboration is without...

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #4583627 - 08/26/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

what did swami teddy do with swami jack
and why

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4583817 - 08/26/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Havn't you figured out swamis sarcastic sense of humor by now?:lol:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4584008 - 08/26/05 01:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

That was my point. :wink:

Yes and I forgot to add he's my friend. :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4584274 - 08/26/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yes and I forgot to add he's my friend.

Awww!

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4584757 - 08/26/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

And mine, too!

Hugs and kisses!!

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: Veritas]
    #4585045 - 08/26/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry to turn this thread back on topic (god forbid :smile:) but i just had an odd experience that relates here. Ever since i had a bad trip about 7 months ago i've been very sensitive to drugs, so i've been avoiding them. But i've still been taking melatonin (a light hallucinogen) to help me sleep. Now, each time i take it it puts me in a an altered state of mind, but just now when i took my dose of a couple mg's it hit me so hard i started tripping. Literally. I guess i had a flashback, but it was like i was full-blown tripping for a few minutes.

And i realized just now what my problem is with drugs. It's not the mental effects, but the physical effects. Whenever i trip it's the intensity of the physical energy that i can't handle. That physical euphoria of energy rushing through your body. It's completely overwhelming and i feel like the energy has no place to go. I tell myself to relax and let it flow through me but it's hard. It's the intensity of the physical euphoria that made me freak out on my last bad trip. Maybe my christian upbringing taught me to subconsciously dislike physical pleasure but i can't stand that feeling.  :sad:

What do you guys think?

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4585083 - 08/26/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A common problem for many of us raised in this culture. That may be one reason why we sabotage ourselves when things are going really good. Too good. It's too much energy for the ego to handle.(fear of success?) It thinks it's job is to keep most of your energy under "control". Too much energy is dangerous. The Universe wants you to be able to handle more and more. That's evolution. Evolution is a process and advances in increments. You are speeding up the process with psychedelics. So it's scary to the self. Hang in. :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4585161 - 08/26/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"Salvia definitely follows your examples of "limits" for psychedelics."

I have probably reached what you call the breakthrough before on a couple of occasions. I had no one to give me personal guidance at that time in it's use, though, so I never went further in. I really had no idea how far it extended.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4585202 - 08/26/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"I guess i just have a problem with letting go, and losing control. It's something i'm still trying to deal with."

You just release your fears and know that you are safe. Then you release all caring and let it flow. Do NOT bring worldly problems into the experience unless you are well guided or have a ton of experience. If you fight it you will have a bad trip. If you flow with it you will experience ecstacy. Know that ecstacy does not equal happiness or comfort. Ecstacy is a combination of all of your most extreme emotions released all at once. It is terrifying, joyful, hilarious, and exhilerating all at once. Ecstacy is not comfortable. My early acid trips taught me much about letting go. Weirdly enough this notion of release is what gave me the courage to engage in skydiving...I had learned to let go and abandon myself. Skydiving has many similaritiesm with the psychedelic experience, by the way. I would recommend it to any hardcore psychedelic enthusiast.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4585288 - 08/26/05 08:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Icelander:

"I have also had similar experience on high dose mushrooms. I felt like I was dreaming or in a dream. While it was happening I was like in a dream, similar to salvia in the sense that the world was gone. As soon as I started to come down everything became real again and the awesome things I witnessed began to fade rapidly just as in a dream upon awakening. My guess is that I fully entered the subconscious realm and wasn't able to utilize my conscious self in experiencing the trip."

I had my first shroom trip when I was 33. I took 8 grams of desiccant dried cubensis. It was very powerful. I had an experience similar to an electronic device short circuiting. I felt as if I was at the mercy of several personalities within myself warring for control. I spoke in tongues, and in different voices while my personality went through changes like moving down the spectrum of light. One minute I would laugh and the next I would be sobbing. My wife said that I seemed to be acting possessed. When it let up I felt exhilarated, but I have never been the same since, or felt the same. Up until that time I had a serious alcohol problem that was well over 10 years old. Upon awakening from this trip my desire to stay drunk and drink all of the time was gone. I have done as much as 12 grams since that time, but I have always maintained control...that first shroom trip seemed to have rewired me somehow.

--------------------

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (08/26/05 08:05 PM)

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4585298 - 08/26/05 08:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wow! What a good evaluation. I've never really thought of it that way. That energy is what gets me worrying. I definitely try to stop it.

Icelander: Great insight as to this phenomenon...it really makes sense. I mean if we're really just vibrations(energy) and all anyway. I've spent most of my life trying to be cool and laid-back and I think that I've dampened myself so much that it's really been to my detrement. I can't even enjoy being excited anymore...I automatically tell myself to pull it together and don't be an idiot.

Huehuecoyotl: Great advice on how to deal with it.

I'm glad Moog got this thread back on track!!

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#4585326 - 08/26/05 08:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Man, that's intense! I hope your wife wasn't too freaked out. Sounds like it turned out to be a great experience.

It's weird, ever since I've gotten into mushrooms, my desire to drink has vanished too. The thought of dulling my senses and possibly losing control doesn't appeal to me or even enter my thoughts anymore.

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

OfflineShampioenier
Storm in aTeaCup
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Speaking in Tongues [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4586675 - 08/27/05 04:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thats pretty cool; interesting how you describe about rewiring.
Just sort of the wisdom that the mushroom imparted to you far surpassed the informational credibility of what you previously thought and how you thought sort of like being beamed up to your true self, the true self who is a child and is not in control, almost a victim of your internal self-parent personality.
I also spoke in tongues; I had walked like 10 miles from the town where I had gotten the shrooms to my own town where I stayed; and I went to this hilltop where my one friend had committed suicide. Theres a lake on the hill and you can see all the mountains around its very beautiful, and everything is reflected on this lake on the hill. a big black dog had suddenly leapt out next to the highway as I was blabbering like a madman; a happy free man who could not be so madly happy in front of other people; but the day will come for that. But the dog just appeared out of nowhere through these grasses blowing in the wind, it was fucking huge and black and had those sort of reddish eyes you know not like red red but sort of like a red purple you get dogs with eyes like that i HATE black dogs, I fucking hate them. Big ones, at least. But this thing ran up to me I just saw this specter coming out of the grasses next to the highway I was walking along happily, I thinkit sensed I was toasted or something to that effect. It jumped right in front of me, it was like all the hair on my head shot throught he ceiling, I immediately just SCREAMED LIKE A FUCKING BEAR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOW like fuck man that dog was IN MY FUCKING FACE but I screamed back at it. really primal out of my fucking gut cause if I didnt do that I woulda gottan bit in the balls Im sure of that, that was one mean ass mutherfucking dog. But it hopped back, the growl was just laden with fear and rage at being violated by this godforsaken dog, i leapt onto the road between the speeindg cars and fell on my knee, ran to the to the other side, and just fucking ran for a bit. when I got to the hill about 3 hills later my knee looked like pop eyes' elbow. I looked at my hand now that I recall this, and as I looked at it, it puffed up. I was consciously perceiving this and controlling it. And then I wanted it to vacuum in and it did. That was WEIRD. But I spoke to the reeds at the lake on the hill, I spoke to the mountains, and they fucking understood me, it was weird, I could speak with fucking reeds, with the mountains, they knew what I was saying. That was just beyond what I can explain. But I could understand them and they understood me, as if we had come to terms with each other. That was awesome. accepted each other, we were together, nothing could seperate us.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4586743 - 08/27/05 05:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Icelander:

"I have also had similar experience on high dose mushrooms. I felt like I was dreaming or in a dream. While it was happening I was like in a dream, similar to salvia in the sense that the world was gone. As soon as I started to come down everything became real again and the awesome things I witnessed began to fade rapidly just as in a dream upon awakening. My guess is that I fully entered the subconscious realm and wasn't able to utilize my conscious self in experiencing the trip."

I had my first shroom trip when I was 33. I took 8 grams of desiccant dried cubensis. It was very powerful. I had an experience similar to an electronic device short circuiting. I felt as if I was at the mercy of several personalities within myself warring for control. I spoke in tongues, and in different voices while my personality went through changes like moving down the spectrum of light. One minute I would laugh and the next I would be sobbing. My wife said that I seemed to be acting possessed. When it let up I felt exhilarated, but I have never been the same since, or felt the same. Up until that time I had a serious alcohol problem that was well over 10 years old. Upon awakening from this trip my desire to stay drunk and drink all of the time was gone. I have done as much as 12 grams since that time, but I have always maintained control...that first shroom trip seemed to have rewired me somehow.

Very powerful Hue. On the trip just mentioned I also had the experience of speaking in tongues. It was just as I was "awakening" I had a hand made deer rattle and was chanting and dancing to calm my nerves and it just took me over. It was something between speech and a bird like whistle. It freaked me out but felt good. I later read about it in one of McKennas books.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Speaking in Tongues [Re: Shampioenier]
    #4586749 - 08/27/05 06:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Very cool. :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#4590007 - 08/28/05 01:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

There is a phenomenon called the shamanic crisis which many people may not be familiar with. It is when a person undergoes a crisis that assumes a spiritual connotation. When the person resolves the crisis they feel as if they have acheived some mastery over life by having assumed responsibility for their problem. This is dealt with in the individuals mind as a spiritual process. This is the process a shaman undergoes when he discovers his/her path. It is also refered to as initiation. I feel that psychedelics can be used to resolve such a crisis by causing the already existing crisis to come to a peak in the persons mind. The natural peak of the drug causes a feeling of release and resolution in the persons mind that assumes spiritual proportions. That is how I interpreted my experience that I described earlier.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4590291 - 08/28/05 05:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I agree! :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

#4592703 - 08/28/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When I first started tripping, I didnt.  It handled me.  As I got more familiar with the effects, I grew more comfortable.  Then a bad trip on 5g's of the most potent cubes I have ever had (as of now) raped me completely (I had only tripped 3 times on very low doses before that).  Funny thing about that though... The next day I felt the shroom and I had some unfinished business so I took 8g's and had an incredible trip.  Now here I am, at least 150 HEAVY trips (too many little ones) and I find that if you learn to "float downstream" everything is fine.  Though sometimes the anxiety can get rediculously overwhelming.  Usually what I do is dive right in to whatever is scaring me.  Shrooms are the main culprit for the paranoid mind fuck.  But if I sense that I am getting scared and sucked into what I call the self perpetuating "oh no" (any one else know what I am talking about?) I usually just say to myself "bring it on mutha fuckah!  AAAAHHHHHHHHH!"  and it makes me so scared that its funny and I start laughing.  Works everytime.  Usually with acid, the best trick is to get out of my head.  Its tough to do, but with practice (ie, meditation) it gets easier. Acid is nice and easy with this, but shrooms just fuck with things way to much and these meditation techniques make me feel like I am avoiding something "oh no, why am I doing this?  Oh no, why did I say oh no? Oh no!  say something else. I am just avoiding something.  Oh no, why am I avoiding something? Is there something to avoid? Oh no, im doing it again! Oh no!  The sky is beautiful.  I'm just hiding.  From what?  Oh no...." :biggrin:

:heart:Peace:heart:

:hippie:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #4592727 - 08/28/05 09:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Many drugs cause paranoiac reactions and produce anxiety. That is not a sign of impending spiritual growth - it is a sign of bodily discomfort with having it's chemistry fucked with.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4592895 - 08/28/05 10:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

everyone has been oversimplifying.
rewiring - not a chance.
another myth like genetic evolution on psychedelics -
adding attitude yes or removing some maybe.
Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
"Salvia definitely follows your examples of "limits" for psychedelics."
... I really had no idea how far it extended.

what is the limit to love, to a walk in the park, to television?
do you ever see it all?
these things alter how we process sensory input (incl. thought and memory) it is endless.
sometimes people take a mental state as a challenge to be conquered or defied:
nonsense! the only challenge is to be open, and then to be open again, to re-connect; and that too is endless. no medals, no diplomas, no awards.

--------------------

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

#4593496 - 08/28/05 11:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Psychedelics can only get you so high, then its up to you to go the rest of the way.

having said that, ive encountered a problem lately. Having taken psychdelics constantly for over 2 years now, i find that its actually harder to enter those mental realms than it was the first time i started taking them. Though i can "lose myself" more easily, i just cant seem to fall into that dreamy trance state required to enter those realms. Its like my brain is too wired on being high and refuses to relax. What can i do about this?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4594266 - 08/29/05 03:43 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

what is the limit to a walk in the park?

Five miles max for a city park. Grand Canyon National Park is a whole 'nother ballgame.

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #4594277 - 08/29/05 03:57 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

Carl G. Jung

Terence McKenna

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: higher consciousness... how do you handle it? [Re: yousuck]
    #4594291 - 08/29/05 05:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

yousuck said:
Psychedelics can only get you so high, then its up to you to go the rest of the way.
..... Its like my brain is too wired on being high and refuses to relax. What can i do about this?

give it a rest.
for a month

salvia is not a trypt and might work while you do rest, but keep the dose down.

--------------------

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

#4594711 - 08/29/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

uh, thanks. i guess its time to take a psychdelic break.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals