Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Man Charged With Making Meth In Church [IN]
    #4574995 - 08/24/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Man Charged With Making Meth In Church
August 24, 2005 - thelouisvillechannel.com

PERU, Ind. -- A custodian was arrested for making methamphetamine inside the First Baptist Church where he worked, police said.

Richard J. Mosley, 30, of Peru, has been charged with felony manufacturing methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a youth center. He was arrested Monday after Miami County sheriff deputies discovered materials used to make the drug in the church.

He was released from the Miami County Jail on bond Tuesday. He was also charged with possession of stolen property, possession of precursors with intent to manufacture methamphetamine and maintaining a common nuisance.

Deputies searched Mosley's home and pickup truck, where they found several loaded handguns, including one that had been reported stolen. Police also confiscated several items associated with making meth, including cooking manuals and the finished product from Mosley's home in the city between Indianapolis and South Bend.

Miami County Sheriff Ken Roland said Mosley cooked the drug late at night in the attic of the church where he worked for five years and was also a member. The church ventilation system helped control the smell, he said.

The Rev. Bob Adelsperger, a pastor at the church, said he was "deeply saddened that this happened in a house of worship."

"If you read the scriptures, there are worse things than this," he said. "Although, at the moment it doesn't seem like it."

Mosley was scheduled for a hearing in Circuit Court on Sept. 8. No phone number was listed in Peru under Mosley's name to obtain comment.

On Monday, the state of Indiana received an $11.7 million federal grant to fight and prevent substance abuse, with an emphasis on reducing the use of methamphetamine.

Gov. Mitch Daniels has said the state has no higher priority than to push the "scourge" of meth out of the state.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: Man Charged With Making Meth In Church [IN] [Re: veggie]
    #4575778 - 08/24/05 07:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What an asshat.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Man Charged With Making Meth In Church [IN] [Re: veggie]
    #4576303 - 08/24/05 09:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Before I even saw the [IN] I was thinking, "Let me guess....this was in Indiana".

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service