Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Papaver Somniferum, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Ethno Seed Thread - Choas!
    #4574861 - 08/24/05 03:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well, the free seed thread is slowly degenerating into a joke. The newest poster is offering Salvia seeds.  :confused: I don't think so... Maybe this is what it means by "garden gone dumb", cuz this use to be a great thread, now it gets stalled because people throw up weak or nonexistent offers.
Also recently I had a newbie reply to one of my offers, he offered something for the next poster, the he PM'ed me, everything seemed kosher, but the next day his post was deleted, no explanation. So I just don't know anymore... :crazy:
I really like the idea of a seed exchange thread, maybe it's just slow because of the season? Where's our southern hemisphere folks at?  :grin:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4574878 - 08/24/05 03:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, you have a good point. Not only that but people are offering "some" seeds which could mean any amount from 2 to 1000 plus you get unrated newbies that no one wants to take a chance on. That guy might have been talking about any type of salvia species which are very common and you can get from any garden shop.

Should be:

*At least one trade rating
*Quantity specified, not "some"

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineEl_Presidente
Stranger
Loc: Montreal, Canada
Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: Stonehenge]
    #4575153 - 08/24/05 04:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

To start the seed exchange thread, I have some datura stramonium still in the pod. To make sure theres no confusion I only have 3 plants ready so im not gonna supply anyone with 10,000 seeds. Also I have papaver somniferum var. persian blue, and voacanga africana. Ill trade any entheogen seeds I dont have but the seeds I need in particular are:

1.) Salvia Divinorum - anyone that can supply me with this ill give 5 datura to 1 salvia. Thats my first offer, im open to negotiation.

2.) Artemisia Absinthium

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: El_Presidente]
    #4575201 - 08/24/05 04:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Also recently I had a newbie reply to one of my offers, he offered something for the next poster, the he PM'ed me, everything seemed kosher, but the next day his post was deleted, no explanation.

yeah, sorry, my bad...

i kinda chewed him out becaue his post at that time numbered exactly one, and with the great number of seeds he offered it looked alot like ripoff time to me...
seeing how he reacted id say i was right...

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: Stonehenge]
    #4575496 - 08/24/05 06:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Should be:

*At least one trade rating
*Quantity specified, not "some"

:thumbup:
Those both sound like reasonable prerequisites to paricipation in the thread. Of course, the newbies don't bother to read the rules of the thread anyway, so  it would take some mod enforcement.
El Presidente - so you are offering a yet to be determined number of seeds that is at least 5 but not more than 10,000? :confused: That's what we mean by vague quantities of seeds. But if you pick a number, go up to the thread, snatch up the new offer of salvia seeds and offer your datura, that's how it works. Of course, I doubt that the new offer is truly salvia divinorum seeds, as they are quite rare and supposedly have a low germination/survival rate. But contact him and ask, maybe he's  legit. Good luck!
Vertigo - No problem, I didn't feel real good about his participation in the thread anyway, just wondering what happened. Thanks for clearing that up. :smile:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #4575530 - 08/24/05 06:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Mehhh i gave up on that thread. From the 5 or so times i participated i got 2 smooth deals and 3 rip-offs.

I was never ripped-off in a regular marketplace deal. The thread truly degenerated and people seem to think it's a good way to get seeds without giving anything in return :shrug:

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: esin]
    #4575657 - 08/24/05 07:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yea iv gotten 2 good trades.. Im preaty sure I got taken once.. I dont keep good track tho..

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: Legoulash]
    #4575816 - 08/24/05 07:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i got screwed twice in regular trades and never in the seedthread.
but then i am critical about who i accept offers from...

--------------------
My homepage

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #4788774 - 10/11/05 09:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ok this is getting out of hand and something needs to be done.

--------------------
My homepage

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4788867 - 10/11/05 09:51 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i just think this forum needs an active moderator who can keep the thread in check... neuro, Wiccan_Seeker, Aneglakya: while they were good mods in their time they are just not here enough anymore. The quality of this forum is gone and the exchange of useful information is nearly nonexistant.

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: faslimy]
    #4789474 - 10/11/05 11:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

also make sure they're rightfully identified and not some newbie who thinks they are whatever he says they are... maybe as an alternative to i trade point they should iclude a pic

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: leafing]
    #4789535 - 10/11/05 11:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, haven't seen a mod so much as comment on the seed thread in a while. The report post button is moderately useless too.

I hate to complain about mods, especially since we have so many great ones. But I suppose they're so great, they've gone and gotten lives. :smile: Either way, they're simply not around.

I know Wiccan is one of the greatest mods ever, and has good judgement when it comes to closing threads, editing, etc. Someone posted a link that was against the rules in Psychedelic Experience. A few of us commented on the legality. He locked it, and told us to notify a mod when this happens.

The same thing happened in this forum, the link sat around all day, a mod still hasn't come, the guy was just nice and thought it through. If that hadn't happened, it would likely still be there. If I didn't care not to be banned so much (and care about how the forum represents itself, not wanting to cause more trouble) , I'd be curious to see the results of posting a completely illegal link. It could be there all day.

I'm not sure how this forum got to be this way. Perhaps it was so well behaved compared to ODD and the others, that the mods assigned to multiple forums simply didn't have time for this one, since it wasn't as much a priority. Things *are* still remarkably well behaved in here. But when it's uncontrolled, things will go wrong, and have.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

#4789591 - 10/11/05 11:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Last april this topic came up also, Neuro's response was,

"If you guys want to add the rule, put it to a vote or something and it can be done or not done depending on the vote."

A poll was done, but seemed perhaps inadequate, most did agree with the one-good-trade-rate-rule. 

We can do another more thorough poll this time, or we can agree to it being an un-official rule, and just police it ourselves. If the person accepting your offer seems shady, ie no trade rates, few posts, and outragous offer, then you have every right to skip them and let someone else grab your offer.

We need to avoid complacency, even though who accepts your offer isn't sending anything back to you, we should be involved enough to make sure they aren't scamming who would come after them.  That is a right we enjoy already in the thread rules.

If we become involved in a trade in the seed thread, we need to consider it from both directions, to-us and from-us.  I believe involvement in this way-total involvement- we can greatly mitigate the rip-offs, and increase the quality of the thread.

:rasta:,

mycomancer

--------------------

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: Mycomancer]
    #4790170 - 10/12/05 12:50 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, check the person's ratings. That's what I've done and I haven't been burned yet.

Second, if you do a good trade, maybe you should write that it was an ethnobotanical seed trade, and give the person a good rating. Some people don't give trade ratings.

This cannot be stressed enough, do not trade with someone new who has zero ratings. Sure that eliminates a lot of possible trades, but it also eliminates a lot of burns.

OfflineDnumde
Stranger
    #4791158 - 10/12/05 03:26 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Vertigo6911 said:
i kinda chewed him out becaue his post at that time numbered exactly one, and with the great number of seeds he offered it looked alot like ripoff time to me...
seeing how he reacted id say i was right...

Actually, I do have the seeds that I was offering; I just didn?t want to upset anyone so I removed the post like you told me to.

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4791330 - 10/12/05 04:14 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

elgr said:

The same thing happened in this forum, the link sat around all day, a mod still hasn't come, the guy was just nice and thought it through. If that hadn't happened, it would likely still be there. If I didn't care not to be banned so much (and care about how the forum represents itself, not wanting to cause more trouble) , I'd be curious to see the results of posting a completely illegal link. It could be there all day.

LOL. come on man give me more credit than that. the link was up for a total of 39 minutes... then i took it down.

to be honest the only reason i posted the link was because it was a "project" site of the original site and it slipped my mind that it linked back to the original site. however the particualar site i linked to had nothing against the rules of the forums on it.

the main reason i took it down was out of respect, and the fact that i wanted to protect a potential future investment.

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: Dnumde]
    #4791451 - 10/12/05 04:55 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Actually, I do have the seeds that I was offering; I just didn?t want to upset anyone so I removed the post like you told me to.

yeah i was a little over the top on that msg, sorry bout that.
ive donated seeds to geep it going several times and ive become a little over protective lol...

funny thing is i wanted to send another msg later but i couldnt find u anymore cuz u had removed the post.

anyways i think 2 things should be done:
we need slightly tougher rules in the /\/\/\ thread.
perhaps moving it to the marketplace were there is a 50 post minimum might help.
als i think there should be a newbie trader area of some kind.
theres a alot of new members coming in all the time and if the noobs can find eachoter easyer theyll all have ratings alot quicker

--------------------
My homepage

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4791900 - 10/12/05 11:17 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was over the top too.

But if it was in ODD, that sucker would've been gone so quickly compared to here.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
    #4792145 - 10/12/05 12:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Vertigo6911 said:
perhaps moving it to the marketplace were there is a 50 post minimum might help.

:thumbup: Good idea. Maybe the sticky here could link to the marketplace thread?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Ethno Seed Thread - Choas! [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4792204 - 10/12/05 12:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds good to me.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Papaver Somniferum, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden