Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinevescudero0
ay ay aaaaay

double tub question
    #4574720 - 08/24/05 02:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

can i use the BOTTEM tub as the heater and the second tub ON TOP as a fruiting chamber for casings?? i ask cause its cold where im gonna put these at... cold basement... so maybe if i put the heater on 78f. this will give enough heat for fruiting....?????
does this make sense..???
as for AIR EXCHANGE in incubating process... i plan to seal the container 100% ( maybe poke 2-4 holes filled with poly fill, although im scared on getting them infected)
is this ok or enough for incubating process???????????????
As for FRUITING AIR EXCHANGE i plan to use an airpump in a water bottle,,, is this enough airexchange for fruitinG??????? i know i might also have to do some fanning... how much fanning with one airpump...???? 7 days a week?? ,maybe less???

--------------------
live & enjooooooooooooooooy

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: double tub question [Re: vescudero0]
    #4574760 - 08/24/05 02:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i think your confused dude, it don't work the way your talking about or maybe I'm confused? but if its the double tub tek I'm thinking of the tubes aren't, top touching bottom, its top touching top so you have the bottom tub is right side up and the tub on top of that is upside down just balancing on the lip.

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinevescudero0
ay ay aaaaay

Re: double tub question [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4574797 - 08/24/05 02:45 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

now im confused...
i plan to use the bottem tub with a water water so that it can heat up the incubator or the fruiting terrerium...
its makes perfect sense to me.... but anyways,,, please correct me if im wrong...

--------------------

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

#4574847 - 08/24/05 02:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

oooh ....lol ok dude i know what your doing your doing an incubator setup not a fruiting chamber setup...lol sorry man my bad

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinevescudero0
ay ay aaaaay

#4574862 - 08/24/05 03:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well yeah... im starting it off with an incubator setup... ( incubating jars)
and after that process is all over i would change from an incubator to a fruiting chamber, so keep goo temps up for the shroomies...
the reason i ask, is because my basement is cold as hell,,,

--------------------

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

#4574882 - 08/24/05 03:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well from every thing i've read fruiting temps can go around 70-80F im sure its doable. as far as your air pump i think that would be fine and just to be on the safe side i would fan at least once aday

--------------------

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinevescudero0
ay ay aaaaay

#4574931 - 08/24/05 03:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

yeah meybe your right...
im even gonna put a termometer tonight to make sure the exact temp...
thanx again king fish

--------------------

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

#4574960 - 08/24/05 03:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

no problem, just trying to help out. keep us posted and let us know how things come along :grin:

--------------------

-- Ken Kesey

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation