Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Tenn Stud Questions??
    #4573314 - 08/23/05 11:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I just ordered 10lbs of pre-pasteurized h/poo....two questions though.

Their site says to keep the temp at 82-86. But i was under the impression that the poo will maintain it's own temp.

Q. #1 is this during colonization fruiting or both?

I saw nowhere on there site that indicated how long it normally takes for shipping.

Q.#2 Does anyone know how long they usually take?

p.s. thanks for the tek roadkill!

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebleedforthis
ill bleed foryou
Loc: Looking down from above.
Re: Tenn Stud Questions?? [Re: Bamaman]
    #4573615 - 08/24/05 12:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

1: colonization
2: no idea. i plan on finding out soon. :laugh:

gl with your grow.

--------------------
As my pupils fluttered and tried to fly out of my skull I asked myself, "Is THIS what you want?".
Screaming until my lungs bled, I simply replied "No!"

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

#4573937 - 08/24/05 04:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

for shipping, it depends on when they receive your money and process your order, also where you live in comparison to TN.

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4573964 - 08/24/05 05:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That temp would be during colonization. You won't really get spikes in temperature unless you are using a thick layer of poo (5" depth or more). I usually keep my colonizing poo at room temp (about 78F) throughout the colonization AND fruiting stages and haven't had any issues. As long as you are exposing it to light and do fresh air exchanges during fruiting, you will see pins come soon.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4573968 - 08/24/05 05:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Also, I hear shipping is fairly quick with Tenn Stud and he ships FedEx.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tenn Stud Questions?? [Re: FooMan]
    #4574155 - 08/24/05 08:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You WILL get heat to rise, even not using 5 inches depth or more, depending on alot of factors. I would not go above 80 when incubating, I believe 82-86 is far to hot, for anything but a single small poo casing (remember even small casings, stacked together, create heat together and buildup is worse)..even then its unneeded. 75-78 throughout the grow is probably perfect, maybe to the lower side for fruiting. Less, if you use really big poo casings, thick ones, or lots of them. The are extreamly quick shipping.

Be sure to mention your a shroomery member when you order (or shortly after if you already did)..they give buy 2 get 1 free deals to all members (so buying 10 pounds will get you 15 total).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: Tenn Stud Questions?? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4574528 - 08/24/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Im glad you told us that cause i will be ordering some poo from them myself soon. thanks alot :grin:

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: Tenn Stud Questions?? [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4574542 - 08/24/05 11:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

one more question when i get this pre pasteurized poo, what will be a good way to store it since i know i wont be using it all when i get it. Now i know there is a post right below this on that very question but does that apply to pasteurized poo too? or should you store pasteurized poo differently? what would the self life be on pasteurized poo? thanks

--------------------

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinehardwaters
Stranger
Loc: USA
    #4574835 - 08/24/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

here in Wisconsin it took about a week for shipping.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Tenn Stud Questions?? [Re: hardwaters]
    #4575447 - 08/24/05 03:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Kingfish. Hold that order bro. Im only saying this cuz you live only like a couple hours away, and I went to my local state park riding stable, and right in the parking area is litteraly a Giant dumpster (about 50ftX10ftX5ft high!!!!)FULL of sun dried poo nuggetts. Just giving you the heads up. Im going by there tommorrow and getting a couple TUBS.lol. Fuck spending money on shit.

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: Tenn Stud Questions?? [Re: FungusMan]
    #4575844 - 08/24/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

FungusMan...lol thanks dude, but the reason i'm paying for it is because my wife doesn't want me pasteurizing the shit on the stove..i know, i know, it has an earthy smell like dirt, i know..lol and i told that to her but no go. so she wanted me to just stay with grain. When i told her i could order it online pre pasteurized she gave me the green lite :smile:... now if anyone could please give me an answer on some of my above questions it would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys :smile:

--------------------

-- Ken Kesey

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

#4576290 - 08/24/05 07:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks scat, even though it appeared aimed at Foo. I have nothing but love for ya'. I'd hate to lose your input based on our initial experience... :frown:

Q. #1 How many of my half pint brf/quinoa cakes would you recommend to mix with the 10 lbs. of pre-pasteurized poo? (the picture really gives no concept of size)

Q. #2Also, if they ship fast... and I'm only in the next state...what if my 12 jars aren't ready in their recommended, "7 days until use"? Can I freeze or refrigerate them to expand this time-frame?

--------------------

Edited by Bamaman (08/25/05 12:13 AM)

OfflineYahutli
Whatsinit

Loc: Tennesee
    #4576416 - 08/24/05 08:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How'd you pull off that "paranoid" bit.? What can I do to prevent it? :shocked:

Poo heats up during decomposition/composition, but only ten pounds wouldn't make enough of a pile to really get hot.

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Re: Tenn Stud Questions?? [Re: Yahutli]
    #4577331 - 08/24/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yahutli,
no worries. You see your info and I see mine in that little sign. Everyone can only see their info...but it's kinda' freaky...to some anyway. You can go to that website and get it to say stuff like "Are you paranoid yet?"....or whatever.

When I first saw it in a forum signature it said, "There is no spoon.".

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4577509 - 08/25/05 12:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

>even though it appeared aimed at Foo

It wasnt, I just dont use the reply function well. I respond to everyone all at once and tend to ramble when I do, so picking one person to reply to doesnt work well for me. I try to reply to everyone who may possibly read the thread and get info from it.

>I'd hate to lose your input based on our initial experience...

Reguardless of what you may think, I am here for the SOLE purpose of helping others understand the process of growing magic mushrooms. Alot think I'm here just to brag or to tell everyone my ideas are better or the only way to do things..and I'm not..just trying to let everyone else know what I know so that they can be successfull in creating these wonderful mushrooms. I help people and I grow so that I can help as many experience this feeling as I can. My issues arise when people get snotty with others who are hear to help, just because they dont sit for hours explaining things to their desires, when its not our job..we're hear to help people grow, and when you have to explain why your own feces wont work, or why you cant feed horses apples filled with spores, or why you cant stick some prints in some cow paties..it gets tiring as fuck, and annoying when its "expected".

>How many of my half pint brf/quinoa cakes would you recommend to mix with the 10 lbs. of pre-pasteurized poo? (the picture really gives no concept of size)

1 pound of wet poo, is like a quart..so use about 1 quart to 5 pounds of poo..so 10 pounds of poo would be 2 quarts. 3-4 1/2 pints in a quart (the quarts are usually only 2/3 filled or just over that) so 6-8 1/2 pints would be good for 10 pounds. Use a cheese grater to break it up as small as you can (wipe with alcohol first).

>Also, if they ship fast... and I'm only in the next state...what if my 12 jars aren't ready in their recommended, "7 days until use"? Can I freeze or refrigerate them to expand this time-frame?

You could probably let it sit in a cool place for weeks, maybe a month..its just the sooner you use it the better. Fridge would make it last a bit longer...Mike from TN Stud says to freeze it if your not going to use it right away, but I have never frozen poo so I cant say how well it works for sure.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4577518 - 08/25/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Oh yeah and to this:
"How'd you pull off that "paranoid" bit.? What can I do to prevent it?"

Its a simple script that recalls your own info on your computer..however if its visable, that means you can be traced, if they know what they're doing enough. To prevent it, get a proxy and surf the site through that.

--------------------

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

#4578067 - 08/25/05 07:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks again.

--------------------

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4578095 - 08/25/05 08:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

As scatmanrav said, Mike from TN Stud says to freeze it.

Although you should use it as quickly as possible. It worked for me after storing Pre-Pasteurized TN Studd poo for 2 MONTHS!! in the shipping box in the closet while I dealt with losing several jars to stalling and contams.

I just put a grow log up, if you want the details:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4577962/an/0/page/0

Good Luck!

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: Tenn Stud Questions?? [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4578370 - 08/25/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CLUTCH said:
I just put a grow log up, if you want the details:
[url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4577962/an/0/page/0]

Good Luck!

when i click on your link it said "Access Denied"
whats up?

--------------------

-- Ken Kesey

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Tenn Stud Questions?? [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4579410 - 08/25/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You have enough posts, but not registered for long enough yet to see the Grow Log and Pictures forum.

Probably by the end of the month you can get in there.

Welcome to the shroomery!

VVVVVVVVVVV Here is a pic from my first flush, since you can't see it.VVVVVVVVVVVV

Good luck

Edited by CLUTCH (08/26/05 02:06 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale