Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar?
    #4572634 - 08/23/05 10:46 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

i have diabetes and was wondering if cubies or liberty caps, or psilocybin and psillocin in general lower or raise blood sugar levels? or do they not affect them at all? please help meh! thanks much

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineriby
Stranger
Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: ph30n1x]
    #4573274 - 08/24/05 01:11 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

hum thats a good question, bump.

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: riby]
    #4573677 - 08/24/05 03:08 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

I have read nothing that says they affect your blood sugar at all. Its possible that no tests have been done on this or that I simply haven't looked in the right places, but as far as I know(being borderline diabetic) they do not affect your blood sugar levels.
Granted, i subscribe to the idea that mushrooms are actually good for you and that all 'negative' side effects are purely ego bound.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: Veter]
    #4574301 - 08/24/05 11:37 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

As long as an alteration in blood pressure doesnt effect you, then you should be ok. I would imagine increased blood pressure and metabolisim would have some effect (like how fast you process what ever is in your blood ect), but not a direct effect on changing your blood sugar level. There certainly can be negative physical effects if you have heart problems.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4574345 - 08/24/05 12:01 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Consult your physition

InvisibleChronic7
 User Gallery
Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: Legoulash]
    #4574354 - 08/24/05 12:10 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

im not sure if this is a sign of blood sugar levels but towards the end of a "trip" i get really salty lips and sometimes get a very fast heart beat...

--------------------

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: Chronic7]
    #4574738 - 08/24/05 02:21 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

in what ways do shrooms affect your blood pressure? raise it or lower it?

InvisibleASliceofPI
Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: ph30n1x]
    #4574781 - 08/24/05 02:41 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

i have type one diabetes, and have tripped on mushrooms many times, and ive never experienced a direct effect in change of blood sugar from mushrooms, but i have had indirect effects such as forgetting to take insulin and such, just be careful.....ive yet to try mescaline but its said to directly effect blood sugar levels.

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#4574791 - 08/24/05 02:42 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

and also if its possible to know (im about 140 pounds), by how much will it raise my blood pressure? if thats impossible to tell exactly, is it slight raise, decently raised, significantly, dramatically...etc. thanks much

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

#4577667 - 08/25/05 03:41 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

It will raise it from very mildly, to dramatically, depending on the person, and how rough the trip is, how high the dose is to you, and especially how anxious you get. It goes up and down throughout the trip, if your chill, its slower (maybe even lower then normal sometimes) but then it can shoot up quickly if you start getting anxious or paranoid. Worrying about physical problems on a trip is a good way to feel anxious too.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineFoley
No added sugar.
 User Gallery

Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4577682 - 08/25/05 03:48 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

I think the only hallucinogenic drug that affects your blood sugar levels is LSD.

--------------------
Foley

There were hard times ahead for the people of planet Ventura,
Staring into the networks of space and time,
Their eyes were open,
But still, they were blind,
I wandered through the weird and lurid landscape of another planet

- Pendulum, Another Planet

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: Foley]
    #4577723 - 08/25/05 04:09 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

And how do you suppose LSD affects your blood sugar levels? It wouldnt affect it any different then mushrooms, messing with your metabolisim and blood pressure.

--------------------

Offlinenatu
Grow trees,smoke trees.
    #5164653 - 01/10/06 11:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I think we should keep this forum going. For all the diabetics out there and anyone interested.

--------------------
Wise Man Say
Smile

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: natu]
    #5164788 - 01/10/06 11:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

good idea :thumbup:
oh and btw, since this my thread im gonna kinda open it up to anything related to psychedelics and diabetes (type 1).  Has anyone experienced blood sugar effects from ingestion of LSD. If so, how big of a dose and how dramatic was the effect etc. thanks much

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5164820 - 01/10/06 11:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

btw the heart problems thing is more hype than fact.  Heart problems develope from poor blood sugar management  over long periods of time. if you look at the main shrooms FAQ in the shroomery itl tell ya that there are no long term adverse physical effects from mushrooms.  I gather that the only instance where a heart condition would play a role in mushrooms is if the heart condition is bad enough where you would agravate it directly from ingesting shrooms. As in, wile you were tripping and had elevated heart rate etc, you were putting yourself at risk for an injury at that point in time.  The heart effects only last for the duration of the trip i believe, therefore if you can survive the trip then you are fine.  So for diabetics, unless you already have the heart problem, you do not have to worry about the heart thing. correct me if im wrong on this one and dont forget to answer my question in my previous post :wink:

Offlinenatu
Grow trees,smoke trees.
    #5165340 - 01/11/06 01:04 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

heres a PM bluefrostt sent me on the subject, im sure he wont mind me posting:

yo man, i had the same situation as you. When i was 16 when i was diagnosed and my glucose levels were like 550. I've herd of people with levels above 1000 quite commonly upon diagnosis. You'll be fine. Alot of the info you hear about negative health effects from diabetes is misinformation or information from a wile ago. Now a days, the control we can have over our blood sugar is unfathomably better than it was only like 10-15 years ago. People had only urine glucose tests and could not monitor their blood sugar well at all. They're levels were constantly exeeding 200. Since your new to all this, your glucose readings will bounce around, everyone's does. You will get the hang of it and you won't really mind it once your used to it. Negative health effects are only from improper use of insulin and dieting, or in other words bad readings for a prolonged period of time. With todays technology, health effects are scarce if you keep your readings good.

If they are, for the most part, between 60-130(since you are young 60-150 is acceptable), you'll be just fine. A high reading every so often is not a problem either. I ususally always get one at the end of the month.

As far as shrooming, i've shroomed several times with no problems. I do notice a pretty significant drop in blood glucose. For example, i was about 160 before i took them, then wen i was done with tripping (about 6 hours later) i was about 90.

I would wait a little bit, until you are familiar with controling glucose more before you shroom. I would wait about 2-3 months maybe. Could be sooner, you'll know when your familiar with it. And most importantly, dont worry about it. Slowly bring your blood glucose up to about 150 before taking them and take a small dose, maybe 1 gram of dried cubensis. Even check your blood sugar during the trip. Id have a trip sitter too, just someone around in the house or where your planning on doing it. I dont no how familiar you are with shrooms, but id search this site and read up on them. Like preparation, injestion etc. Good luck. good vibes your way

--------------------
Wise Man Say
Smile

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: natu]
    #5168111 - 01/11/06 06:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I don't have diabetis and i'm not a physician so i couldn't accurately answer your last question.
I do know, however, that Psilocybe mushrooms contain 3 primary substances:
Chitin, psiloc(yb)in, and sugar (fructose i believe; nasty tasting).
If you boil down Psilocybe mushrooms and evaporate the water, you'll be left with a sticky psilo-caramel.
I don't know how this would affect your blood sugar levels, but mushroom do contain a fair amount of sugar as far as i know.

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Re: do cubies lower or raise blood sugar levels? no effect on blood sugar? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #5168147 - 01/11/06 06:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

lolol i sent you that PM. Its all good, i forget shit all the time :gethigh:

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5168166 - 01/11/06 06:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Just to clear up that significant drop thing i said in the PM, i think alot of that drop was due to my long lasting insulin that sorta has a slight peak at the T+6-7 hour mark, which was in the middle of my trip. If i were to take them not during the peak/higher plateau of the insulin the drop would have been about half that, id guess.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience