Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenodnarb
Stranger
The claims of spirituality hogwash?
    #457186 - 11/13/01 04:50 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I have allways been fascinated with altered states of consciousness, but have very little experiance with them. Im starting to suspect that all these claims of enlightments and spirituality are all made by people who are really just fooling themselves.

Has anyone here started with some form of meditation, then tried psychedelics? I am especially looking for someone who started with buddhist teachings and practices, because that is what I am most familiar whith.

If you didn't start with meditation, how do you use psychedelics spiritualy, and/or what enlightenments or realizations have you had?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: The claims of spirituality hogwash? [Re: nodnarb]
    #457213 - 11/13/01 05:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I didn't start using psychedelics specifically for "enlightment". I also figured that most people claiming this are using it as a sort of justification, or they're just fooling themselves. I kept my spirituality quite seperate. Eventually, after learning much about both subjects, they assimilated themselves on their own, so that I've found a balance that works for me. I don't have a lot of experience with Buddhism yet, but I do with meditaion, shamanism and similar processes. Still, My knowledge is probably pretty weak compared to some, but what can I say? I'm still learning.
I think you will find that there are links between psychedelics and spirituality, but it almost definately won't be what you expect, and if you go looking for something specific, you'll probably be dissapointed.

--------------------

Anonymous

#457221 - 11/13/01 05:35 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I knew nothing about spirituality when I started using psychedelics, nor was I looking for anything like it. I justed wanted to have a good time. I started experiencing a variety of different things. The things I was discovering blew my mind...

A few years later I started reading different books and websites about spirituality and I finally had terms to apply to these experiences. My own spirituality has become very important to me.

I don't think it is hogwash since I found something that I wasn't even looking for. I think people like to doubt because they themselves have never had the experience.

InvisibleZeus
addict

#457252 - 11/13/01 06:02 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

actually most pictures of the bodi tree do have mushrooms under them and buddah did die from eating poison mushrooms
coincidence or not brandon?

--------------------
" I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am. "

"Experience is the meaning to life" -me

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #457437 - 11/13/01 08:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

well, it is certainly possible to take psychedelics for "fun" (ludibund activities per j ott?) but fun is certainly not the only direction these trips can take us... and having your nose rubbed in suchness can be an eye opening experience... but a glimpse is the best that these sacred plants & chemicals can vouchsafe us... to bring the vision into our lives is the work (the discipline?) ...
is it "real" ???
well... was it huxley or watts talking about "gratuitous grace" ... which in churchlaw is defind as neither neccessay to, nor sufficient for, salvation... hehheh... but can act as a stimulus in the expeiencer towards embracing the "spiritual" aspects... and as we get deeper in the suchness, well... this world is the place to practice experiencing eternity and infinity, compassion and even kenosis...
"i am immortal... temporarily" (nrbq)
"the eternal now..." well, again, more easily and reliably and controlably approached through practice... but for some, the experience of a fruitful psychedelic journey can be a strong and useful reminder as to "what is, in fact, what"...
so, whaddya think about pala as a model for a society that integrateds mind, body, and spirit, and tries its best to raise kids up without stunting their souls...
ummmm, y'all be well, mmmkay
(heck with the typos, this monitor is too mall..)(too small...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (11/14/01 10:50 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract