Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhitegreyhat
Huge

Loc: Northeast USA
Newbie Cultivation question
    #4571820 - 08/23/05 05:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ok so here is what we did.  We bought some wheat bran at the grocery store.  And a fairly large size storage container about 3 ft X 2 ft.  anyway we sanitized it and got the bran all moist and introduced psilocybe mexicana spores.  So 2 days later all is well.  The mycelium is producing well.  There are 4 large patches that consume about 75% of the surface area.  So what I was wondernig what would be the next step.  The reason I have to ask this is because it IS NOT clearly outlined in any tek which i have read.  Should I put on a casing layer once it becomes full with mycelium.  If so what.  Also does the humidity have to be higher or anything for the fruit bodys to grow.  I know this is a rather unconventional way to grow but it seems to be working so far.  Thanks for any advice or input in advance. :tongue:

Also should i spray it with a water / hydrogen peroxide mixture to be safe?
TU :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: Newbie Cultivation question [Re: whitegreyhat]
    #4571855 - 08/23/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i don't know what teks you read but all the ones i have read seem to be cut and dry. yes case them with whatever you are going to use 50/50+ would be a good one and incubate that till you have a nice light even layer of mycelium then put it in your fruiting chamber yes humidity needs to be high but the casing layer should provide that (with light misting here and there) if not use perlite.

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Offlinewhitegreyhat
Huge

Loc: Northeast USA
Re: Newbie Cultivation question [Re: kingfish4200]
    #4571876 - 08/23/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

u mean like 50 percent vermiculite right and wheatbran. its already 100% wheat bran what can i do . the mycelium are already growing fine

Edited by whitegreyhat (08/23/05 05:54 PM)

Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: Newbie Cultivation question [Re: whitegreyhat]
    #4571911 - 08/23/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

no dude 50/50+ is a caseing tek. do a search and read, while your at it read up on your teks like grain teks since you are useing grain (wheat) it will not fruit unless you case....so just do some more reading that will go a long way :smile: good luck dude! :smile:

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags