Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

They're not listening to you!
    #4571601 - 08/23/05 06:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

With all the internet losers and jihadists demanding the whole world hate America, foreign investers have ignored the drug and crime message boards and have invested in America.

Wall Street Journal August 22, 2005

Australian pension funds are buying up US commercial real estate. Same with Germany, other European countries and the middle east.

http://imrepublican.topcities.com/investment/AustUSreal.htm

-------------------------

related news:

Foreign investment increases in the U.S.

By Nicolas Brulliard
UPI Correspondent

Quote:

Washington, DC, Jul. 22 (UPI) -- The U.S. economy increased its reliance on foreign investment in 2003, a report released Thursday by the U.S. Department of Commerce shows......

Quote:

Foreign investment in the United States peaked at $9.63 trillion in 2003, while the amount of U.S. assets abroad reached $7.2 trillion. The record negative balance of $2.43 trillion marked a $200 billion increase from 2002, according to the report released in the July issue of Survey of Current Business, a monthly publication by the Department of Commerce's Bureau of Economic Analysis.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040709-033853-6363r.htm

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: They're not listening to you! [Re: Los_Pepes]
    #4571777 - 08/23/05 07:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

if i was a bitch i'd give you a bad rating for your avatar.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: They're not listening to you! [Re: exclusive58]
    #4571851 - 08/23/05 07:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
if i was a bitch i'd give you a bad rating for your avatar.

His avatar is justified by the deaths of political prisoners in Cuba. I find far more problems with his posts.

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: They're not listening to you! [Re: Silversoul]
    #4572149 - 08/23/05 09:11 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I like his moniker. I think Los Pepes was the US backed group down in Columbia in "Killing Pablo". It was a good example of using terrorist methods to effectively fight terrorists.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4572814 - 08/23/05 11:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Don't forget that foreign investors have also purchased rights to future U.S. tax revenue.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Loc: Classified
    #4572874 - 08/23/05 11:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Los_Pepes said:
With all the internet losers and jihadists demanding the whole world hate America

What is there to hate? America is flawless and pristine.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#4573224 - 08/24/05 12:53 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Los_Pepes said:
With all the internet losers and jihadists demanding the whole world hate America,

Huh? Internet losers actually claim to love America, but in truth it is the raw power of the state which they swoon over.

--------------------

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

Re: They're not listening to you! [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4580797 - 08/25/05 08:02 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Did the Chinese Communist Party kill more people than Hitler and Stalin?

More than a decade after the fall of the former Soviet Union and Eastern European communist regimes, the international communist movement has been spurned worldwide. The demise of the Chinese Communist Party is only a matter of time.

1. On What the Communist Party Is

This article concerns the impact on the civilization of China of the communist movement and the Communist Party. Looking at the history of China?s last 160 years, nearly one hundred million people have died unnatural deaths and almost all of the traditional Chinese culture and civilization have been destroyed. What have been the consequences, whether the CCP was chosen by the Chinese or it was imposed on China from the outside?

2. On the Beginnings of the Chinese Communist Party

Why did the Communist Party emerge, grow and eventually seize power in contemporary China? Did the Chinese people choose the Communist Party? Or, did the Communist Party gang up and force Chinese people to accept it? The CCP has set itself above all, conquering all in its path, thereby bringing endless catastrophe to China.

3. On the Tyranny of the Chinese Communist Party

Today the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)?s violence and abuses are even more severe than those of the tyrannical Qin Dynasty. The CCP?s philosophy is one of ?struggle,? and the CCP?s rule has been built upon a series of ?class struggles,? ?path struggles,? and ?ideological struggles,? both in China and toward other nations.

4. On How the Communist Party Is an Anti-Universe Force

In the last hundred years, the sudden invasion by the communist specter has created a force against nature and humanity, causing limitless agony and tragedy. It has also pushed civilization to the brink of destruction. It has become an extremely malevolent force against the universe.

5. On the Collusion of Jiang Zemin with the CCP to Persecute Falun Gong

Why is Falun Gong, which upholds the principles of ?Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance? and has been promulgated in over 60 countries worldwide, being persecuted only in China, not anywhere else in the world? In this persecution, what is the relationship between Jiang Zemin and the CCP?

6. On How the Chinese Communist Party Destroyed Traditional Culture

The CCP has devoted the nation?s resources to destroying China?s rich traditional culture. The CCP?s destruction of Chinese culture has been planned, well organized, and systematic, made possible by the state?s use of violence. Since its establishment, the CCP has never stopped ?revolutionizing? Chinese culture in the attempt to completely destroy its spirit.

7. On the Chinese Communist Party?s History of Killing

The 55-year history of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is written with blood and lies. The stories behind this bloody history are not only brutally inhumane but also rarely known. Under the rule of the CCP, 60 to 80 million innocent Chinese people have been killed, leaving their broken families behind.

8. On How the Chinese Communist Party Is an Evil Cult

The Communist Party is essentially an evil cult that harms mankind. Although the Communist Party has never called itself a religion, it matches every single trait of a religion. At the beginning of its establishment, it regarded Marxism as the absolute truth in the world. It exhorted people to engage in a life-long struggle for the goal of building a ?communist heaven on earth.?

9. On the Unscrupulous Nature of the Chinese Communist Party

What is most terrifying is that the CCP is going all out to try to destroy the moral foundation of the entire nation, attempting to turn every Chinese national to various degrees into a scoundrel in order to create an environment favorable for the CCP to ?advance with time.? It is especially important for us to understand clearly why the CCP acts like scoundrels and to discern its criminal nature.

http://declaration.epochtimes.com/9comment.htm

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#4580958 - 08/25/05 08:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Are these the same 'Communist' Chinese that are buying government debt created by Bush and the rest of the Republocrat controlled government, thereby staking a claim on the future earnings of American taxpayers? Does it make you all warm and fuzzy inside to realize we are mortgaged up to our eyeballs to these and other foreigners and our continued economic stability is dependent upon them continuing to buy Federal debt instruments - especially in the case of an economic downturn? Talk about national security!

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#4582118 - 08/26/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I posted this in response to your mention of this in the Pat Robertson thread, but I'll post it again:

"I'm not sure what your point is here. Investing in America is quite a bit different than supporting the policies of the current administration. I'm investing my financial status in America's college institutions, as well as taking out loans from the Federal Government. Does this make me a supporter of the Bush administration? Somehow I doubt foreign investors are placing their stock in America?s economy to spite drug message boards."

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Re: They're not listening to you! [Re: Twirling]
    #4582430 - 08/26/05 01:33 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
I'm not sure what your point is here.

Then why do you offer a response?

I'll try to explain it a little better. Our government's expenditures are exceeding income on a daily basis. How is the shortfall made up? Since directly raising taxes is politically unpopular because the average shmoe will see the higher taxes and protest (but he never wants to forgo government expenditures on what he desires), governments resort to different methods to finance their largess. The most readily apparent is the selling of debt instruments on the financial markets (another is directly inflating the money supply - i.e. printing more bills, but that can be discussed at a later time). The buyers of these financial instruments purchase them under the promise of a return on their investment (interest + principle). In other words, future tax payments will go towards paying off the debt incurred, meaning people who are not current recipients of the government's gifts are going to be paying in the future. If there were no buyers for these debt instruments, the government would have to resort to other means to fund it's current expenditures.

As our government has been piling debt upon debt, foreign central banks and governments have been buying ever larger quantities of these debt instruments, allowing the U.S. to avoid raising taxes or cutting expenditures. Among the foreign interests are Asian countries including China, and oil rich Mid-Eastern nations. Future American tax revenues are promised to these foreign interest. American citizens are allowing their children to become indentured servants of foreign nations.

A significant problem is that should other countries' ability to buy the debt become hampered (from a major economic downturn), or they decide as a matter of foreign policy or fiscal policy to stop buying U.S. debt, the U.S. will be forced to take drastic measures in an attempt to ameliorate the negative consequences. If there is a major economic downturn, you can expect government expenses to increase in such areas as unemployment and welfare - while expenses go up, ability to finance them diminishes. The tax base shrinks and buyers of debt disappear, taxes will have to be raised and expenditures cut. Of course there is comes the very real possibility that the government will try to inflate it's way out of the predicament, but the historical track record of such actions is pretty dismal.

In summary it is bad policy to rely on debt being financed by foreign powers as it gives them the ability to punish the U.S. by merely stopping the purchase of debt. Short of this, they may use the threat of such actions to help shape U.S. domestic and foreign policy to their ends (usually behind the scenes of course). It is a matter of national security.

Quote:

I'm investing my financial status in America's college institutions,

What does that mean?

Quote:

as well as taking out loans from the Federal Government. Does this make me a supporter of the Bush administration?

Why would accepting a student loan make you a supporter of the Bush administration?

Quote:

Somehow I doubt foreign investors are placing their stock in America?s economy to spite drug message boards.

As do I. However, I see no relevant point in such a statement.

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#4582605 - 08/26/05 02:12 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I think there's a misunderstanding. I intended that last post to be in reply to the thread starter's post, not in response to yours.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #4583339 - 08/26/05 11:08 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

learn to use quick reply than.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#4583498 - 08/26/05 12:20 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

No way!

See, now who am I talking to? Myself? Nobody knows.... :evil:

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

#4584632 - 08/26/05 06:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

According the Pew Global Attitudes Survey, views toward the U.S. have been improving. We're not exactly back to the days when Kuwaiti babies were being named George Bush, but the trends are in our favor. The share of people with a favorable view of America went up in Indonesia some 23 points, Lebanon 15 points and Jordan 16 points. Trends in France, Germany, Russia and India have been moving our way, too.

But the news gets even better. Support for terrorism and Osama Bin Laden has been plummeting across the Arab and Muslim world (save for in Jordan, where the large Palestinian population plays a big role) while support for democracy has improved. According to Pew, "nearly three-quarters of Moroccans and roughly half of those in Pakistan, Turkey and Indonesia see Islamic extremism as a threat to their countries." The share of those supporting suicide bombings and the targeting of civilians has fallen by more than a third in Lebanon, where democracy is on the move, by the way, and by 16 and 27 percent in Pakistan and Morocco, respectively. Similar declines for Osama Bin Laden, al-Qaida and the like have been recorded.

Now, there's no doubt these numbers are imperfect and hardly speak to a single cause. In Indonesia, our generous tsunami relief helped a great deal. In Lebanon, terrorism isn't just something that happens to Israelis and Americans, it's something that could snuffout the rebirth of democracy there (and a reminder of the civil war few wish to return to). And across the Arab world, images of Iraqi "insurgents" slaughtering innocent men, women and children while Americans are trying to build schools and hospitals have shifted opinions.

http://www.dcexaminer.com/articles/2005/08/26/opinion/op-ed/12oped26goldberg.txt

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

#4584943 - 08/26/05 08:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Most Muslims do support terrorism, the fact that only half of them deny supporting terrorism says a lot about Islam.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#4584951 - 08/26/05 08:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, did you actually read the survey the OP-ED is referring to? The title of it is even "U.S. Image Up Slightly, But Still Negative.... American Character Gets Mixed Reviews". Read it here: http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?ReportID=247

He made the claim opinion in Jordan went up 16 points. Sounds huge, right? Well now it's at a whopping 21 points. Considering that it was at one point 25% in 2002, and then dropped to 1% in 2003, there is a bit of a statistical anomoly there. He also claims Indonesia is up 23 points, but this is up from 2003, as there is no data from 2004. Again, it's at a very low 38%, and when you factor in that in 2002 favorable public opinion was at 61%, that's a huge drop.

Taking it a step further, the favorable ratings for other major countries compared to the US indicates that there are plenty of people pissed off at the U.S.. The average of favorable rating for the US among 8 nations (see for yourself in the second insert in the survey results, I'm not typing them out) is 49.75. China, among those same 8 nations, is rated at an average of 54%. That's China, a major human rights violator with a different form of government than most of those 8 nations. Consider now that Germany is at 76.625%, and that includes Germany's own ratings of itself, which, if you understand Germany, you know that national pride is looked down upon. In fact, only the US is rated lower than Germans rated their own country. Japan is at 69%, just for reference.

So to point to an op-ed article which extracted the most positive sides of those statistics, and claim that "They're not listening to you" is a rather narrow claim. The guy is messing with the numbers to back up his opinion, which means he's attempting to put as positive a spin on things as possible while ignoring everything else.

This still doesn't explain why the inital article you posted prove that "they're not listening to internet losers".

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#4584970 - 08/26/05 08:29 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

And here's more proof of the spin from the op-ed:

OP-ED: "If the war has created more terrorists and made the world hate us more, why exactly has Muslim and Arab opinion of the United States improved?"

PEW Survery: "With the exception of Christian opinion in Lebanon, views of the U.S. in other predominantly Muslim nations are more negative and have changed little."

:shake:

EDIT: The article does claim "Yet there is modest optimism among Muslims that the Middle East will become more democratic. And even in countries like Jordan and Pakistan, where people have low regard for the U.S., many who believe the region will become more democratic give some credit to U.S. policies for making this possible".... but that is in relation to whether people in those countries think the Middle East will become more democratic, not of opinion of the US by Muslim & Arab people as Jonah Goldberg claims.

Edited by Twirling (08/26/05 08:32 PM)

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: They're not listening to you! [Re: LSDempire]
    #4584979 - 08/26/05 08:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LSDempire said:
Most Muslims do support terrorism, the fact that only half of them deny supporting terrorism says a lot about Islam.

That is not very tolerant! What info do you have to support this?

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#4595786 - 08/29/05 07:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm still curious for a response.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion