Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
The Next Level
    #4571449 - 08/23/05 05:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You cannot solve a problem on the same level that it was created.
You must rise above it to the next level." --Albert Einstein

Why do we seek to climb higher or to get high? Probably because of what Einstein said.

There's this saying that if you change the inner reality the outer changes. I agree with it but not as it is.

Anytime in my past where I did that I had to do something else first. To change my inner, I had to rise above myself or my environment FIRST before I could make that change.

Be it through self induced OBE's into altered states or flat out leaving a depressed environment for a lighter freer one I had to be in that new space to get the clarity to see where change needed to be made.

So, in my experience, the outer does have to change for the inner to change for the outer to change.

Like these suicidal people. I remember my day in pits. No one could of said a thing to change the way I felt. I had to leave my depressed environment for a more open and free one to get clarity and make the inner change.

Now, I can just float out of body to it but I would say, some form of changing the external environment has to take place before and inner change can be seen to be made before the old external you go back into changes.

Was just thinking about it and wanted to share it as I didn't put the two and two together before.

It's a no wonder when you try to just reason alone with people in the dumps it doesn't work well. They have to get up and out of themselves or up and out of their environment first to be able to look at it and see what the problem is.

Maybe that's why suicidal thoughts come into play for people. They are instinctively just wanting to get up and out of a pitiful situation or sense of self and don't know how and think death is the only way to be lifted up and out. There are other ways to salvage the day so you can stay and play. :sun: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: The Next Level [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4573918 - 08/24/05 06:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, first step against depressional suicide: Locate the pain and try to border it as sharp as possible. Best view for singleing it out of complexity is by moving a few steps higher perspective. Then, if located, zoom in again, to do the finework :wink:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology