Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Coir, Peat, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedavesj1
Stranger

wont stop pinning!
    #4570990 - 08/23/05 03:28 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

my wbs spawned to castings/verm/coir will not stop pinning. It has been pinning for a week now. some guys are ready to pick and im still getting tons of new pins. All of my shrooms are also thin and small. Im using a 4-5" thick substrate w/50/50+. Im using a misty mate. It is the 1st flush by the way.
I have a few guesses to why there small and thin:
-substrate is too dry.

-substrate wasnt fully colonized once fruiting was initiated. (I mixed the wbs in and then laid an extra layer over the top of the substrate. Once the top looked fully colonized i waited a few more days before casing.)

-Mycelium is using a lot of energy to constantly put out more pins and therefore not as much on the maturing fruits.

-I put too much verm/coir in the substrate. (i dont think this is the case.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time at bulk and im getting discouraged.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: davesj1]
    #4571074 - 08/23/05 03:53 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Offlinedavesj1
Stranger

Re: wont stop pinning! [Re: ]
    #4571160 - 08/23/05 04:15 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

I air it out 3-4 times a day. And it is well lit. I used verm and peat in the casing mix

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: wont stop pinning! [Re: davesj1]
    #4571215 - 08/23/05 04:33 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

well 3 to 4 air exchanges per day could well be the cause of the problem. co2 will stunt growth and create thin stems. try getting at least 1-3 air exchanges per hour. per hour.
do you think the substrate is dry?
don't think the substrate not being colonized all the way will make a difference, but if you left it a couple of days after the surface was colonized then it should be ready anyway. to case that is.
sure the myc uses lots of energy to produce, lots of small ones is just as good as a few big ones.
verm/coir/castings for a substrate, ok. not a whole lot of nutrition in that besides the wbs that you spawned with. the castings are good to use an additive to substrates but not sure by themselves. this could be the cause of the problem.
peace

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Coir, Peat, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation