Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsilocybeSamurai
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Muti spore culture difficulty.
    #4564242 - 08/21/05 08:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Greetings everyone, I have a question about some germinating Mexi Cub spores I have on MEA. First of all, I've been growing shrooms for awhile now using poor man techniques but recently I've upgraded myself to more advanced methods. I'm currently working with 5 strains right now including Mexi Cubs, Chinese Hunan, Mezatepic, Penis Envy and Paneolus Tropicalius. I did a multi spore culture w/ the Mexi Cubs on 8 petris on MEA. Now they're 2 weeks along and mycelium is all over the place, but no rhizomorphic at all, there is only cottony and longitudinally radial fan like stuff that dosen't look all that great. At least there's no contamination. Now, should I wait longer? is it going to change? cuz I'm ready to scrap this batch and move on to another one of my strains. This is my second try with the Mexis and it's just not producing that healthly looking rhizomorphic growth that we all need!! so how long does a multi spore culture take to rhizomrph? or is this a case of weak spores.

Thank u for your time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Muti spore culture difficulty. [Re: PsilocybeSamurai]
    #4564524 - 08/21/05 09:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:shrug:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
Re: Muti spore culture difficulty. [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4565063 - 08/21/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

id say just find the healthiest looking piece of myc and spawn it to a Liquid Culture. innoc that to whatever until see rhiz grow then put some of that in an LC or petri dish. or maybe im just talking out of my ass. i dunno.  :tongue:

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Muti spore culture difficulty. [Re: krishnamurti]
    #4569931 - 08/23/05 09:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sometimes it can be quite linear (longitudinally radial fan) and hard to recognize. I have found isolating the fastest growth from several areas will give you some substrains to choose from. These often will become quite ropey (rhizo) when substrates are changed either to PDA or to grains. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Muti spore culture difficulty. [Re: PsilocybeSamurai]
    #4570205 - 08/23/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Not one of these had rhizo growth. I use to care about it but now I could give a shit.

jar full of cotton

made into a coton growth casing

Then into cotton growth shrooms

Don't throw out your work.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblePsilocybeSamurai
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Muti spore culture difficulty. [Re: Magash]
    #4572607 - 08/23/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ya'know, your right. I have prime mycelium in these petris, I HAVE WORK TO DO! And I'll show pics of the results, oh yes...oh yes. :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds