Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

Loc: east coast
enough air exchange?
    #4569839 - 08/23/05 08:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ok so i have been in the fruiting process since thursday the 18th. i am now on day 6, still no pins but that's not my point. i am using a fairly large sterilite container with my poo, then on top i put another one to make one large enclosure, about 16" tall. it holds humidity quite well and so far i have not really needed to mist the casings. is that normal? my 'chamber' is not air tight, air gets in where the two edges meet but it still stays very humid. should i put some holes in the top to allow more air exchange? i fan them every day for about 1 minute, the chamber is clear so they get light, but i haven't needed to mist (only done it once since i started fruiting.) it also seems to be getting pretty warm in there too (mid 80s), should i put some ice packs next to or on top of the chamber to cool it down some?

--------------------

"..the thing is, people are getting hurt and the one thing the meteor shower didn't grace this town with was a superhero. So, in his absense, you're left with me. One girl, on a mission, determined to leave no rock - especially those from outerspace - unturned. My name is Chloe Sullivan, and I'm here to bring you the truth."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: enough air exchange? [Re: diabla]
    #4569858 - 08/23/05 08:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

CO2 is heavier than oxygen, you need to fan the substrate, adding ice packs could help out with fruiting

OfflineSilkSteel
Nomad

Re: enough air exchange? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4569868 - 08/23/05 08:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've been thinking... if you put holes towards the bottom of the fruiting chamber, would it be easier for the CO2 to empty out? It would be similar to flipping your jars over to let the CO2 get out of the air vent holes drilled in the lids.

Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

#4569906 - 08/23/05 08:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, i have seen it suggested before. lol, now i need to go buy ice packs, don't have any. :smile: my chamber is sitting by a window, i usually try to open the window a little before i go to bed. it gets down below 60 at night here

--------------------

"..the thing is, people are getting hurt and the one thing the meteor shower didn't grace this town with was a superhero. So, in his absense, you're left with me. One girl, on a mission, determined to leave no rock - especially those from outerspace - unturned. My name is Chloe Sullivan, and I'm here to bring you the truth."

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4570028 - 08/23/05 09:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

take it aaway from the window, they dont require much light, I've seen mushrooms
growing in a cave, the only light they recieved was from a flashlight, the window
is probably the source of your heat issues

Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

#4570160 - 08/23/05 10:10 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

good point.

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #4570235 - 08/23/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

and it's only been 6 days, it's very very normal for them to take up to 14 days to pin. Even out your temps (but remember shit isn't perfect in the wild so they will grow), keep the humidity up, make sure they get air exchange, and get away from the chamber and leave it alone.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePixie1420
Gro'r nProgress
 User Gallery

Re: enough air exchange? [Re: Magash]
    #4570350 - 08/23/05 10:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

A question on the same topic, if u had an air stone in the bottom of your aquarium bubbling air from the bottom, would that be ok?

--------------------
La vita Bella!

Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

Re: enough air exchange? [Re: Magash]
    #4570353 - 08/23/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
get away from the chamber and leave it alone.

right, i walk over to that thing and check it out like 10x a day hahaha, i never mess with it though. only to fan and mist :cool:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract