Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebakie
devil
Loc: wouldnt u like to know
Panaeolus cyanescens
    #4569659 - 08/23/05 07:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have been reading countless hours on the roomery for countless hours... and have had a local friend who he himself has read countless hours and has been doing the grow thing for 3 yrs help me out... and i have had little problem so far using the more popular b+ strain... no i think i am looking for a step up in potency and a step up in difficulty... i have done one poo/straw tek which was rather unsucc. but i have read more hours and mended my mistakes and believe i am ready to go with this strain :laugh: Panaeolus cyanescens.... spawning on either millet, oats or rye... maybe all three... and then birth onto poo/straw and will have full tub casings.... if anyone has any suggestions on which substrates i should use and even where i might find some spores for Panaeolus cyanescens please respond or im me :laugh: love and karma too all!!!

--------------------
Bakie just pwned you r00kie biatches. :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: bakie]
    #4569663 - 08/23/05 07:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i think www.sporeworks.com has pan cyan.

Good luck with the grow

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: memes]
    #4569832 - 08/23/05 08:30 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'd still try and get the casing thing right with cubensis first.

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #4570528 - 08/23/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with blackout. I haven't yet tried pan cyan, but I know you only add a thin casing layer, which means you need to have the moisture content just right because less moisture control comes from the casing layer.. So maybe you should try a few more cubensis casings, try some other strains for fun, then when you feel a little more comfortable go for pan cyan. Good luck!

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Offlinebakie
devil
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4573356 - 08/23/05 11:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

rgr, but for further questions on the whole idea.... what would ideal moisture % be on pan cyan casings.... i have all the makings for a dbl tub with incubator and humidity control with a vicks vapor ultra sonic humidifier to give it the humidity and a 20 watt wisper fish tank heater to heat the casing itself... plan on making the entire tub into a casing well not the entire tub... but u get what i mean... and yes i have read much about the 1/2 thick casing...

--------------------

Offlinebakie
devil
    #4573371 - 08/23/05 11:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

and another thing... if you dont think that i am ready for pan's what other super potent strain would you suggest... pref. one that yield's high cause i am still looking for 4 other strains to do that are huge potent/yield.... 2 strains that are more body high and two strains that are more visual.... any suggestions there?

--------------------

Offlinebakie
devil
    #4573378 - 08/23/05 11:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

add best substrate for jar's with the strains if you have the knowledge would be very helpful indeed :laugh: lots of love.... still plan on doing poo/straw so strains that love that area would help also lots of love lata :P

--------------------

OfflineSilly_Cyben
not-quite-newbie

Loc: USA
    #4573716 - 08/24/05 01:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ralphster carries Pan cyans spores, and he fills orders very promptly. If you check the sponsors forum here, you may find he is running a special of some kind. Here is his Pan cyans tek: Growing Pan Cyans.

I've found the potency of all the cube strains I've grown (OI, PR, PF, A, EQ, C, KC, Z) pretty similar when they are grown on h poo. However, I particularly like Orissa India and Keeper's Creepers. OI has a reputation for "extreme" potency, and both strains have been fast colonizers, contaminant resistant, tolerant of temperature changes, and reliable producers of good-sized, mostly solid fruits in generous flushes.

I believe different experiences with different strains derive more from one's mindset, stomach content, dosage, frequency of use, and setting than from differences between strains.

Edited by Silly_Cyben (08/24/05 06:16 PM)

Offlinebakie
devil
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Silly_Cyben]
    #4574804 - 08/24/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thats what i have seen in my usage's but i just wanted to make sure. because if there is one that is more potent then the rest i want to make sure i get into it. love much and thanks for the hlep KARMA

--------------------

Offlinemycomatt024
Stranger
    #4575710 - 08/24/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah that Pan Cyan tek by ralph is great i think i Pans are more potent than Cubs but i think Azures are the most potent but hard to grow since they are a wood loving species but yea just foolow that Pan tek good luck, also Silly have you done trip reports for all of the Cubs strains because i have OI and some other Thai stains and also what kind of spawn did you use to colonize the substrate

Offlineazurescens
    #4575918 - 08/24/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You can still do the pans although you will most likely fail if you haven't quite got the cubes down yet as is evident in your bulk poo/straw attempt. If you want more potent cubes than use straight Horse-poo. It works everytime. Or you can try adding things in that are supposed to increase potency like bloodmeal and what not. Or you can go by certain peoples beliefs that the Penis Envy strain of cubensis is the strongest. Personally, I would go with the horse poo. Or if you want, do a Penis Envy grow on horse poo.

OfflineSilly_Cyben
not-quite-newbie

Loc: USA
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: azurescens]
    #4576022 - 08/24/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've tried all the cube strains I have grown fresh, and I haven't found much difference in potency between them. Therefore, I look for a hardy, aggressive colonizer with reliable multiple flushes. OI and KC have been good for me. I just got some Penis Envy spores, and the word is that this is one of the most potent if not THE most potent cube strain, having been especially developed by Terrence McKenna, the guru of cubes as spiritual aids.

I also tried different strains, inlucing Pan cyans, in Amsterdam. The Pan cyans were much more potent than any cube I've ever tried. I got open-eyed, 3-D hallucinations on half the recommended dose when I was entheogen naive. However, when I took a full dose of Pan cyans on the fourth consecutive day of tripping, the effect was comparable to cubes, due to the tolerance I'd developed.

I spawned all of my first batch of the strains I listed above from BRF PF jars, 1 or 2 jars per large breadpan of pasteurized h poo. Now I'm using rye berries, however, as I had many jars take way too long to colonize completely. I think packing the jars too tightly may have been the problem and also inadequate air exchange. Grains are easier to keep loose for rapid colonization, but they take an extra day of preparation that is well worth it, in my humble opinion.

Edited by Silly_Cyben (08/24/05 06:34 PM)

Offlinemycomatt024
Stranger
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Silly_Cyben]
    #4576188 - 08/24/05 07:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Azurescens have you had azures before and how did would you compare the potency to cubs and Sily do you think the spawn (BRF or Rye) matters as much as the hpoo for increasing the potency or is it all about genetics

Offlinebakie
devil
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: mycomatt024]
    #4576255 - 08/24/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

True that... i have been looking at doing penis envy for a while... mainly cause when i start sharing with my friend i want to be able to tell them to get that dick outta their mouth... on horse poo it doesnt matter to have something in it to airate? such as verm or straw?.... ol = ?? cause i am about to order up my strains and i want to pick three or four dif types so everyone come in and drop your opinion on what you think is the best.... i am looking for a strain that is potent, a strain that gets done quick, and a strain that is a mad fruiter in the end... that is my goals... as said before i am going to do full tub casings if you have any suggestions on that as well it would be greatly helpful.... i appretiate all the feedback that i have gotten from my first post/ its quite amasing what you will find out that you havent learned even though you have read for 100's of hours on this site with just one post :P love and karma for you guys....

--------------------

Offlinebakie
devil
    #4576260 - 08/24/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

and i am still going to have to hit up them cyans :P they look really damn sexy with them 3d hallucinagins thats what i am looking for.... :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
    #4576317 - 08/24/05 07:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

u want 30d halucinations??.. try salvia :smile:

:bongload:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Offlinebakie
devil
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4576330 - 08/24/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Salvia failed for me and i smoked lots of extract and lots of just plain leaves i loved the hi just not my style of halluncinations i am looking for and i have had mushroom trips where i made 3d style visuals drop straight out of my wall :P gotta love it....

--------------------

Offlineazurescens
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: mycomatt024]
    #4576622 - 08/24/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have never had azures but from listening to the authorities on the topic of potency, MJ states that the Psilocybe cyans are the most potent of the cubes, even though Stamets says the it is the Azures. MJ states why Stamets made that claim and why the cyans are stronger.

Offlineazurescens
    #4576629 - 08/24/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Straight horse poo is the way to go and is plenty airy enough seeing whereas horses eat hay/straw so there is plenty in their poop. It cannot be be beat in terms of potency in fruits as a stand alone substrate.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: azurescens]
    #4577439 - 08/25/05 12:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"Psilocybe cyans are the most potent of the cubes"

Most potent psilocybe you mean. Although I believe the top mushroom tested so far, was an Azure, Ps Cyans are usually more potent. I still havnt tried either, but Pan Cyans can rock your fucking world, even compared to horse poo grown cubies.

I personally like to add like 15% verm, and 10-15% coir to fluff up my horse poo. A bit of worm castings for a little extra nitrogen too.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinebakie
devil
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4577646 - 08/25/05 01:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

how much worm castings are we looking at adding to the mix?.... and may grandpa and grandma are horse breeders so i have access to plenty of the good stuff... the clean the lots(not in pins) every once and a while and pile it up in another lot that no horses roam in... the color of the poo is turning to a lighter tint almost light light tan.... think that it will still need to be leached...?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4577688 - 08/25/05 01:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It should be a light brown..thats a good color (tannish too). Probably will be good without a leeach, maybe just fill the bucket once with hot water, and let it sit an hour or so, then dump off the water and fill again..repeat a few times if your not lazy..just to make sure you rinse out anything. A good way to test, is soak a bit for a few hours (only takes ahandfull) and smell it, it should smell earthy, like soil, not like ammonia or piss or shit.

For wormcastings, 5-20%ish...I eyeball it. When you add worm castings though, the coco coir becomes alot better to add..castings have a muddy texture, and you dont want a final muddy texture, you want fiberous (coir) and fluffy (verm). Either way coirs a good additive I've found, but thats really why I started putting it in, to give the castings a similar texture to the horse poo. Straw can be used too, but unless you shread it in a blender, or cut it up small, it doesnt work well, and thats just a pain in the ass.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinebakie
devil
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4577828 - 08/25/05 03:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Lot's of love for that last post... so worm casings add nitrogen right... i have just now been hearing about adding that to mixes so i dont know much about it... coir though i am very used to along with verm but i have never heard of anyone putting it directly into the bulk substrate mix.... after the addition should i pasturise the poo before or after i have made the mix or will it make any difference which way i do it?

--------------------

Offlinebakie
devil
    #4577836 - 08/25/05 03:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

And one more comment i have looked at several tek's the one thing that worries me is the casing.... i know its not to be no more then 1/2 inch and read several different mixes but it would be nice to get a little input from some outside sources that have had experience with this strain of mush... mixes, depth., etc.....

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4578118 - 08/25/05 08:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Add everything before you pasteurize it, when its soaking in water, mix it all up. You can sterilize some coir/verm, a little dry, then add it when your spawning if your poo is wet..its easier then squeezing a pillowcase to get all the water out..just get most out then throw in some more dry material to fluff it up and soak up the extra water when you spawn. Unless you get it to the right water content and put it in PP bags (agars tek). Either way it doesnt matter so much, as long as the poo and castings (worm poo) are pasteurized and the coir and verm are either pasteurized with it, or sterilized.

50/50 peat moss and verm are the best, you can throw 10% coir in there too. Chunky verm is best for casings too. You can use coir and verm as well, if you cant find peat moss, but peat is really alot better then coir, especially in this case. Peat will NEED some powdered oyster shell for a buffer (and maybe some hydrated lime, VERY little), coir wont NEED a buffer, but I've found it does good with some oyster shell. 2-5% oyster shell is good. It should not even be more then 1/4" I dont think, I havnt tried thicker, but thats what I was told and it worked out. Keep it thin and basically just cover all the surface with casing mix..incubate a day or two, then when you see myc poking up, birth it. Dont patch, scratch, nothing, just throw it in the chamber.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds