Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.)
    #4566801 - 08/22/05 04:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

First hand account from Knick of Evol Intent...

Last night, I was booked to play an event about an hour outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. The hype behind this show was huge, they presold 700 tickets and they expected up to 3,000 people total. The promoters did an amazing job with the show.. they even made slipmats with the flyers on them to promote in local shops.

So, we got to the show around 11:15 or so and it was really cool. It was all outdoors, in a valley surrounded by huge mountains. They had an amazing light show flashing on to a mountain behind the site, the sound was booming, the crowd was about 1500 people thick and everything just seemed too good to be true really. Well...

At about 11:30 or so, I was standing behind the stage talking with someone when I noticed a helicopter pulling over one of the mountain tops. I jokingly said "Oh look, here comes big brother" to the person I was with. I wasn't far off.

The helicopter dipped lower and lower and started shining its lights on the crowd. I was kind of in awe and just sat and watched this thing circle us for a minute. As I looked back towards the crowd I saw a guy dressed in camoflauge walking by, toting an assault rifle. At this point, everyone was fully aware of what was going on . A few "troops" rushed the stage and cut the sound off and started yelling that everyone "get the fuck out of here or go to jail". This is where it got really sticky.

No one resisted. That's for sure. They had police dogs raiding the crowd of people and I saw a dog signal out a guy who obviously had some drugs on him. The soldiers attacked the guy (4 of them on 1), and kicked him a few times in the ribs and had their knees in his back and sides. As they were cuffing him, there was about 1000 kids trying to leave in the backdrop, peacefully. Next thing I know, A can of fucking TEAR GAS is launched into the crowd. People are running and screaming at this point. Girls are crying, guys are cussing... bad scene.

Now, this is all I saw with my own eyes, but I heard plenty of other accounts of the night. Now this isnt gossip I heard from some candy raver, these are instances cited straight out of the promoters mouth..

- One of the promoters friends (a very small female) was attacked by one of the police dogs. As she struggled to get away from it, the police tackled her. 3 grown men proceeded to KICK HER IN THE STOMACH.

- The police confiscated 3 video tapes in total. People were trying to document what was happening out there. The police saw one guy filming and ran after him, tackled him and his camera fell, and luckily.. his friend grabbed it and ran and got away. priceless footage. That's not all though. Out of 1,500 people, there's sure to be more footage.

- The police were rounding up the staff of the party and the main promoter went up to them with the permit for the show and said "here, I have the permit." The police then said, "no you don't" and ripped the permit out of his hand. Then, they put an assault rifle to his forehead and said "get the fuck out of here right now."

Now.. let's get the facts straight here.

This event was 100% legal. They had every permit the city told them they needed. They had a 2 MILLION DOLLAR insurance policy for the event. They had liscenced security guards at the gates confiscating any alcohol or drugs found upon entry (yes, they searched every car on the way in). Oh, I suppose I should mention that they arrested all the security guards for possession.

Oh another interesting fact.. the police did not have a warrant. The owner of the land already has a lawsuit against the city for something similar. A few months ago, she rented her land for a party and the police raided that as well. And catch this, the police forced her to LEAVE HER OWN PERSONAL PROPERTY. That's right. They didnt arrest her, but made her leave her own property!!!

Don't get it twisted, this is all going down in probably THE most conservative state in the USA. And this is scary.. a gross violation of our civil liberties. The police wanted this party shut down, so they made it happen. Even though everything about this event was legal. The promoters spent over $ 20,000 on this show and did everything they had to to make it legit, only to have it taken away from them by a group of radical neo-con's with an agenda.

This was one of the scariest things I have ever witnessed in person. I can't even begin to describe how surreal it was. Helicopters, assault rifles, tear gas, camoflauge-wearing soldiers.... why? Was that really necessary?

This needs to be big news across the USofA. At least in our music scene (edm as a whole)... this could happen to any of us at any time. When we're losing the right to gather peacefully, we're also letting the police set a standard of what we can get away with. And I think that's BULLSHIT!

The system fucked up last night... They broke up a party that was 100% legal and they physically hurt a lot of people there at the same time. The promoters already have 6 lawsuits ready to file with their lawyers and the ACLU is already involved.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: Anisotropic]
    #4566803 - 08/22/05 04:50 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

First Hand Account From Syze...

Last night was one of the worst nights of my life. I am still incredibly shaken up by what happened ....enough to the point of where I'm still having problems talking about it. So I will tell you my side in a few words then link you to a more detailed version of how Knick explains it .

I was playing in Salt Lake City about 1 hour away at a massive outdoor event. 700 presold tickets, and by 11:20, there were 1400 kids there already.... all in all total expected... 3 - 4k. This was an all drum and bass event, held on private land, with an amazing view of the mountains surrounding us. This event was fully contracted with the city. They had all permits, a huge insurance policy and they were paying taxes. you have to know this is because of what happened next. And in NO MEANS is this story exaggerated. word for word this is what happened.

It was 1145... I had 30 min before my set, so I was running around looking at the mountains and the people dancing, laughing , the crazy visuals they even had projecting on the mountains. I will share photos once I can see them. All of the sudden a helicopter comes in with massive spot lights .. all on the people circling everyone ... and within minutes like out of some fuckin movie , soldiers with guns (fucking rifles )come in out of the grass, like some Vietnam shit. The police in full riot gear come in, big trucks ... next thing you know they are throwing tear gas at people, setting dogs on people, arresting kids. 4 big guys on one DNB fan kicking him down tying his hands .... making kids sit in the dirt with their hands tied all in a line, now you must remember in this whole time NO ONE was resisting arrest or making a big deal, everyone peaceful started to walk out... but yet they were throwing tear gas... it gets worst ... but what?s even more fucked up is hundreds of kids on drugs driving home on the freeway while they were just in major trauma.

I still cant even figure out what the hell happened, the promoter called me to make sure me knick and spor were ok and I broke down crying.. couldn?t breath, I was freaking out ..... why? Is this what our fuckin country has come to .... a point of someone making a fully legal show and STILL getting busted for WHAT?????? What did 3000 kids on private land in the mountains near NOTHING .. do to ANYONE?

The promoters have a massive lawsuit and they have so much evidence against the county that its not even funny, I will be present to testify against these fuckin pigs. And if you think this matter is a joke then all I have to say is . I didn?t believe it until I had gas thrown at me. I am going to make sure I keep you all posted on this, and let you know if there?s a way any of you can help.

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: Anisotropic]
    #4566804 - 08/22/05 04:51 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

First Hand Account From Dylan Elder...

It's interesting to note how one-sided a conversation can quickly become upon having a fully automatic weapon waved in your face whilst attack hounds bark the vicious roar of bestial ferocity intended to strike fear deep into the heart. Evidently, by way of my actions that evening, I was a criminal who's acts were so heinous that suitable reprecussions included incarceration, or attacks with deadly force upon my person, all in the name of retaining order in a fit of domestic terrorism. I am a criminal, and was treated as such, all because I went to a large scale, state approved, and peacefull public gathering. Having no weapons, no illegal substances, no malicious intent, nor any kind of political agenda for the evening, in retrospect this gross display of militant force seemed excessive for such a circumstance, yet with my hands in clear sight, no yelling nor raise in my tone at all, I was a threat to myself, those around me, and to our proud and honorable men and women in uniform. Just a small recount of my experience last night.

Details of the show are trivial to the underlying theme of this article, but to list a few, the name of the show was Versus 2, featuring two artists I was quite excited to see, being DMC Champion turntablist Craze, and Knick from Evol Intent, amount others. The venue was just outside Spanish Fork, Ut., at what I believed to be some kind of construction site or quarry, it was hard to gather details in the dark. I arrived at approximatly 10:15 PM or so. Everything seemed to be very well run. Two security checkpoints searching cars, multiple people in the parking lot directing traffic to ensure dense and well structured parking, and lots of portable restrooms and trash cans spread about, both of which being key details to obtaining a mass gathering permit (amoung others). I just so happen to know that, as it was explained to me by a county sheriff last year, which makes for an interesting story in itself, but will be left untold for now. I got out of my car, and I was excited. The setup looked great, the moon was big and bright, the weather was ideal, and I was ready to hear some great music, see my friends, meet new people, and dance the night away. The venue was set up in such a fasion that when you walked down a path from the parking lot, you came to the secondary stage, and if you kept going on the path, you came to a larger clearing where the main stage was set up.

I made my way down to the second stage, said a quick hello to a few friends that were there, and started walking up towards the main stage. I was about half way up the path when I heard the music cut out from behind me. I could still hear the generator running, so I couldn't figure out why the music had stopped, but I just assumed they were having technical difficulties and thought nothing of it. I thought I'd probably head back down that way in a few minutes to see if there was anything I could do if they were having problems with the equipment, but I still wanted to go find a few people since I had just barely arrived. As I start walking back towards the main stage, I overheard a random person in the crowd yelling that the SWAT team had arrived and were shutting everything down.

I've been to a number of shows, and seen a fair share of them shut down, but I couldn't believe it was happening tonight. It was my understanding everything had been handled to ensure proper permits, legitimate private property with complete consent and understanding from all angles. I heard many people later explaining just how far the promoter of this show went to ensure everything went smoothly. I looked to my right and noticed police officers trudging through the bushes towards the main stage. Local enforcement was obvious, but I still couldn't believe that the SWAT team was there. I got to the main stage, saw a few more friends there, and just waited for a brief moment to see how it would pan out. What I had anticipated, as had happened before, would be music shut down, an officer barks a few orders on the microphone, kids with paraphernalia are searched and/or arrested, the furor dies down, and usually a suitable compromise is made. We turn the music down a bit, kids are asked to leave, but those who are truely there to have fun, to enjoy themselves, be there only for the music, get to stay and pan out the rest of their evening. That wasn't the case this time around.

After the main stage was shut down, the circling helicopter was getting closer to the ground, and that's when I saw the men in fatigues brandishing assult rifles. I had told a friend of mine to calm down, go with whatever happens, and we'll see how it works out. Thats when I spun around to see that innocent people on stage were recoiling in horror from having guns waved at them and orders barked. I can remember one officer in particular demanding that the record not just stop, but that everything had to be completely turned off, which people were scrambling to try comply with the demands, but that's not as easy to do when you're fearing for your life, I can only imagine. As people were rushing to try to collect their belongings, records, tents, audio equipment, the SWAT kept waiving their guns around and demanding microphone access after they had already had everything turned off and shut down. A man in uniform approached me and barked the order that I was to return to my car with no delay and leave. Even though previous experiences were less intense, I had been in that possition a time or two before, I feel a little veterened in handling such a situation. You win some, you lose some, I knew I was going home this time, but there's never any harm in a quick dialog between bystander and enforcement. In more words or less, I made it apparent that I was on my way out, I would passivly comply with whatever was needed to make this go easy, but I wanted to know under which grounds I was being evicted from my peacefull, private gathering. Usually when you show a voice of reason and zero threat of violence, you can at least talk with an officer for a bit. I was only able to ask my first question in a series that I had carefully planned, but the response I recieved was a curled lip, even more violent shouting, a gun pointed at me, and the threat that if I asked a single other question I would be detained or disabled my any means necessary. This is when I saw the dogs attacking people, and other kids being tackled by 3-4 of these "civil servents" at a time. I felt violated. I had done nothing to deserve that kind of treatment, but I felt I had to do what I could to try help other kids not get themselves in trouble. I told people to put there cameras away, I quelled a fair share of the anti-police sentiment amoungst the groups around me. Our small protest, albeit nonviolent, was better saved for another time.

I noticed in most of the shouting, many of the men in fatigues had trouble annunciating, indicating they were so full of adrenaline, who knows how itchy trigger fingers could have been. This full scale assult had obviously been carefully planned. I'm sure it took quite a bit of preperation to get this assult team properly geared up, get the helicopter ready, have probably every single bit of local enforcement that they could muster. There were even several reported sightings of morse code being blinked back and forth between opposite ends of the valley we were in. Many of these officers had also been recognized as being at parties previously, dating back as far as 2001 for shutting events down, and then being undercover at other shows later. Carefull planning indeed, but I am appalled. If you really felt you needed to, you could shut a show down with a handfull of cops and not a single gun comming unholstered. Although upset, there's no harm in being reasonable, there are so many other ways this could have been handled. I reprehend your execution on this one Utah County.

I suppose this is the result of a bored little army, but I feel dehumanized when treated like a terrorist when standing on the soil of a country I show patriotism for just as much as anyone. I've always been a big supporter of ending the war, support the troops, bring them home, yet suddenly a war of some nature is brought to me, and I am the enemy. Am I a criminal? Am I a terrorist? Verbage is freely open to interpretation, but there is no reprimand for such a severe punishment that was threatened upon me. Had I inadvertantly said the wrong thing, or quickly moved my hand, or something that seemed imposing to one of these fatigued men, what's to stop me from quickly becoming a casualty of a battle that had no reason to happen in the first place? This night will bear the example of the most unnecessary act of force that Utah has seen all in the name of the Reducing American's Vulnerability to Ecstacy Act. Tax dollars well spent to ensure my safety, and the safety of my future children.

-Dylan L Elder

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4566810 - 08/22/05 04:54 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by Anisotropic (08/22/05 04:56 PM)

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4566831 - 08/22/05 05:03 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #4566869 - 08/22/05 05:17 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Republicans should be proud.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: 1stimer]
    #4566889 - 08/22/05 05:25 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.harktheherald.com/modules.php...r=0&thold=0

Police shut down major rave near Diamond Fork

Michael Rigert DAILY HERALD

Police in Utah County pulled the plug on a major rave party Saturday night in Spanish Fork Canyon as the underground event threatened to get out of control.

The Utah County Sheriff's Office learned Saturday at noon that an area promoter had planned a rave party for later that night at Child's Ranch, a site just inside the Diamond Fork area of Spanish Fork Canyon.

Before that, all police knew was it's date and that it would be located "an hour and 15 minutes southeast of Salt Lake City."

Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Darren Gilbert said from previous experience with several sizable raves in Utah County this summer, a large amount of drug use and underage consumption of alcohol takes place, in addition to the dancing and loud music.

"Reports of sexual assaults, overdoes, firearm violations, vehicle burglaries," also are par for the course, he said.

Saturday's rave kicked off at 9 p.m., and by 10 p.m. undercover detectives with the Utah Major Crimes Task Force had observed "numerous illegal activities" involving drugs and alcohol. They also verified that more than 250 people were at the party in violation of county statutes.

By 11:30 p.m., more than 90 law enforcement officers and SWAT team members from Utah County, Provo, and the Utah Department of Public Safety shut down the party. At least 60 arrests were made for weapons offenses, DUI, illegal underage consumption of alcohol, possessions of marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine and ecstasy. Arrests also were made for resisting arrest, assault on police officer and disorderly conduct.

Gilbert said of those arrests, 21 individuals were booked into the Utah County Jail.

A 17-year-old West Jordan female had overdosed on ecstasy. She was treated by EMS personnel and released to her parents.

Gilbert said a large number of the rave's participants were local teenagers from Spanish Fork, Springville, Provo and Payson. Many also were from the Salt Lake and Davis county areas.

He said rave party drugs were offered to a local off-duty emergency medical service personnel who were contracted to be at the rave. Two security personnel hired by the promoter also were arrested for possession of cocaine and ecstasy.

The Utah County Sheriff's Office said in addition to all the illegal activity at the rave, the promoter failed to obtain a permit, bond and approval of the County Commission. The county's mass gathering ordinance -- created in recent years to control events like rave parties -- prohibits gatherings of 250 more people without county approval.

Gilbert said things could have easily gotten out of hand like they did at a similar rave party in the south county area near Little Mob, which was attended by 3,000 partying teens and young adults.

"There's no doubt in my mind that this one could have been at 2,000 plus (people)," he said. "That's why we hit it so early."

Police said promoters use Web sites and flyers to get word out about their underground parties and sell tickets for $20 a pop. On the day of the scheduled party, ticket buyers log on to the site and get a map and directions.

Gilbert said the promoter of Saturday's rave was in attendance and will be served a long-form summons to appear in court for numerous violations. Detectives interviewed females who attended a prior rave party in the Utah County area in the past month who claimed to have been sexually assaulted.

"These females states that the combination of drugs and alcohol made them fear for their safety due to the groping and sexual assaults that occurred during the rave party," Gilbert said. "In the last year alone one near-fatal shooting was investigated by (the sheriff's office) at a similar party."

This story appeared in The Daily Herald on page A8.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4566893 - 08/22/05 05:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

whats wrong with getting permits?

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4566907 - 08/22/05 05:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i work at events every weekend (thousand of people attend)and you have to pay for off-duty police to keep the idiot drunks under control.

otherwise there would be raping and pillaging.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4566944 - 08/22/05 05:39 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Flyer from that night.

Edited by Anisotropic (08/22/05 05:44 PM)

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4567005 - 08/22/05 05:57 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

"The Utah County Sheriff's Office learned Saturday at noon that an area promoter had planned a rave party for later that night at Child's Ranch, a site just inside the Diamond Fork area of Spanish Fork Canyon."

I think the point is they wanted this. They could have shut that party down before it started. But they didn't they waited till alot of people where there.

Do you hear the guy at the end of the video "Put the Camera down"

And then, if you listen really close, and if any of you know how, mess around with the EQ some so you filter out some of the helicopter noise. (there's still a noise floor of people screaming, so loop it till you can pick it out...)

I'm pretty sure he says "Put the Camera down, or you're going to jail" but I can't be sure yet without trying more complicated noise filters.

There's alot of reports about cameras being confiscated and destroyed.

Why if this is a perfectly okay thing to do... do they want no one to see it?

Apparently from the I witness accounts it got MUCH worse after that.

I'm not saying the promoter did everything correctly, I'm just saying the cops are very much so in the wrong here. Period.

But of course the Police have already been on TV, with there fast, easy, and generally perceived as absolutely always correct media presence...

So that's the final say so before it goes to court... right?

Edited by Anisotropic (08/22/05 06:01 PM)

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
    #4567124 - 08/22/05 06:25 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i dont even know what to say about this. its just a vortex of angry thoughts in my head right now. i need to get the fuck out of this country. even in my local area, anything involving more than 5 teenagers is raided by the police. they want to take away our rights and our voice of reason, and they are having no problems doing it.

and what do i have to look foward to? Bush finally ending his ranch vacation to spew out Sept 11th Iraq War justification speeches. And i just read that he's comparing the 'War on Terror' to the World Wars.

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: krishnamurti]
    #4567217 - 08/22/05 06:52 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yea... check out the city. Doesn't even mention it, he's way to concerned with wars outside our country to even be bothered with the ones that take place within it, against it's own citizens.

I don't know. I know some of the DJs that where there personally. I also know some people that knew Marc Emery very well.

So right now this all just ends up feeling like very personal attacks.

Edited by Anisotropic (08/22/05 07:00 PM)

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4567254 - 08/22/05 07:01 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

And there are still people out there that think ordinary citizens shouldn't be allowed to have firearms.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: daimyo]
    #4567427 - 08/22/05 07:53 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
And there are still people out there that think ordinary citizens shouldn't be allowed to have firearms.

I ask you in all seriousness if you think that this bunch of kids would be alive if they had guns and tried to use them?????? Are you fucking joking???

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4567461 - 08/22/05 08:07 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

daimyo said:

I ask you in all seriousness if you think that this bunch of kids would be alive if they had guns and tried to use them??????

Surely not all of them.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Are you fucking joking???

I only wish. It never ceases to amaze me how many people want to completely ban guns. Even some of my friends.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4569096 - 08/23/05 01:58 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yea I love how they show off that one gun on the news.

But of course you never see the SWAT teams guns, dogs, tear gas, tasers, or helicopters.

Remember, the possibility of civilian on civilian violence is so much worse then ACTUAL government on civilian violence.

Wait what?

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #4569405 - 08/23/05 05:02 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Actually you can see the guns in the video. One of the swat dudes had a double clip on his m4, why the fuck would he need a double clip to bust a rave? Seems like they were some kids playing airsoft. My friend made a triple clip for his airsoft m4. That's 90 rounds haha. I got a 300 round hop up clip though.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

InvisibleTooStonedToType
The Real One
Loc: Colorado
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: downforpot]
    #4569562 - 08/23/05 08:27 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I'd like to see the cops try and bust up Sturgis like that.

--------------------
...and as if from the inception of time itself I realized I was and had been for sometime, elsewhere, elsewhen or somehow, quite seriously, otherwise...

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4569586 - 08/23/05 08:41 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

sounds like practice to me...they controlled a group of 3000 people in a few minutes, along with the media. i hate to sound cynical.

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Loc: Limbo
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: exclusive58]
    #4569603 - 08/23/05 08:56 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

This is soooo fucked up: http://www.pottv.com/archive/shows/pottvshowse-3930.html

Us users of psychedelics are a persecuted bunch of people. It?s a sad and sick world.

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: drloomis82]
    #4569942 - 08/23/05 11:05 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It's because drug users are the new 'niggers'. Well, in the sense that it's okay for the Gov. to discriminate/be violent against them, and most people just agree.

Dj Syze and a few others got contacted by liberal A list media yesterday. This shit is bouncing all over.

If you know anyone doing documentaries, or anyone in any kinda media, or anyone of shore, send 'em link lists.

We're now reaching the days where the government control of the news media is loosing its strangle hold, when we can inform each other pseudo-personally.

Most of the people my age are google whores now, not couch potatoes. Which is good, media you can interact with is always better then getting shit pounded into you like T.V. does.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4570530 - 08/23/05 01:34 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Have you called Free Speech TV yet?

http://www.freespeech.org

--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

Don't vibe my harsh, bro.

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4571122 - 08/23/05 04:04 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I have now, thanks.

The second post here seems to have some good insight into the matter.

http://www.harktheherald.com/index.php?n...sc&start=16

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4571135 - 08/23/05 04:06 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I also think I am starting to see cops post things now..

CommentComment made: Aug 23, 2005 - 01:00 PM Reply with quote Back to top
I am pretty angry at the irresponibility of party go-ers. I was at that party. I am thankful the police came when they did, the party was getting way out of hand. I was propositioned with drugs at least 20 times. There was even talk about some guys taking advantage of a girl that was messed up on drugs, she was only like 17 or so. The police gave everybody the chance to leave. I did what I was supposed to do and left the party. Some freinds of mine were at the party saying that they would riot if the police came. The police were NOT wrong in what they did. I felt safe because of the actions of the police.

I don't know what it is, but after several years of dealing with undercover police... There's always a common tonality that is always very apperent. Can't quite put my finger on it well enough to discribe (almost like they just try too hard, but thats only some of it), but I know it well thankfully.

Edited by Anisotropic (08/23/05 04:11 PM)

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4571159 - 08/23/05 04:15 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.nwtekno.org/vb/showthread.php?s=94bfb17b5644cb7b39c1972c0bc66e26&threadid=91578

" Utah Protest Party Need Help!! Attn All Promoters!!! Plz Read!
Hello,
My name is Daniel Steelman with Fine Spun Producitons, enlight of the recent events in Utah we are plaaning a huge ultra type event to protest. Myself and about 15 other promoters from, Utah, Cali, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Lousicianna, Arizona, Tennessee,DC and more coming in every day.

We need your help in getting this done. I know this doesnt directlly effect yourself, but first the stopped the warehouse parties now outdoor events....CLUB parties are next, which is what i do. take this into consideration. We are needing promoters to help spread the word and get Big name djs on board just today i got Factor E, Brad Smith, and Rick West on. We are asking them to play for free and we will take care of flights and hotels for them. This is our scene and we cant let this happen again! Email me at DJsteel205@yahoo.com. Or check utraves.org for more info also we are working on a webstie right now!
thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon.
Daniel Steelman
FSP

COPY OF "RAVE" RIGHTS PETITION BEING WORKED ON RIGHT NOW!!!:

We the undersigned believe that the civil rights of the participants of the Versus II party were violated by the violent
and disproportionate actions committed by the Utah Sheriffs department, and object to the persecution directed
toward young people pursuing an alternative and creative form of culture.

We cannot accept the use of dogs and police with military gear intimidating and committing violence on peaceful
young people.

We cannot accept the use of violence and intimidation to prevent citizens from documenting the activities of
police officers engaging in possibly illegal activity.

We demand an investigation be undertaken to determine whether the actions of the Utah Country Sheriffs were
lawful and constiutional.

We demand an investigation into whether the system in place to regulate assemblies in Utah County is unduly
burdensome to those wishing to engage in their constitutionally guaranteed right to freedom of assembly and
speech.

We demand a settlement with the local community that allows young people to gather together to celebrate their
culture in a way that is safe, legal and secure and protects the rights of both the young people in attendance and
addresses the safety and legal concerns of the local community."

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4571210 - 08/23/05 04:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.nwtekno.org/vb/showthread.php?s=94bfb17b5644cb7b39c1972c0bc66e26&threadid=91581

"How to make a difference in the aftermath of 08/20/05
I encourage everyone who would like to voice their concerns about the raid at Versus II on August 20th to write, call, and e-mail the contacts and departments listed below. From the looks of this and other message boards, they're quite a few of you with opinions regarding this. However, voicing them to each other will not a make difference.

Let the displeasure over this occurence be known.

----------------------------------------------

ACLU of Utah
Executive Director: Dani Eyer
355 N. 300 W., Suite #1
Salt Lake City, UT 84103

Phone: 801-521-9289

e-mail: aclu@acluutah.org

------------------------------------

GOVERNERS OFFICE:

Phone: (801) 538-1000

ONLINE CONCERN FORM:
http://governor.utah.gov/goca/form_governor.html

Utah County Government
100 East Center, Suite 2200
Provo, UT 84606
Or call:
(801) 851-8600

ucadm.utahcnty@state.ut.us

Chris Cannon (Utah Congressman)
http://www.house.gov/cannon/
e-mail: cannon.ut03@mail.house.gov

Rob Bishop (Utah Congressman)
http://www.house.gov/robbishop/index.shtml

e-mail: nc.peters@mail.house.gove

Jim Matheson (Utah Congressman)
http://www.house.gov/matheson/

e-mail: jim.matheson@mail.house.gov

Bob Bennett (Utah Senator)
http://www.senate.gov/~bennett/index.cfm

E-mail: senator_bennett@exchange.senate.gov

Orrin Hatch (Utah Senator)
http://hatch.senate.gov/

E-mail senator_hatch@exchange.senate.gov

Salt Lake City's Sheriff's department(Sheriff Aaron D. Kennard)

http://bbs.twinphish.net/board/imag...con_twisted.gif
http://www.slsheriff.org/index.html

ltaylor@co.slc.ut.us

dgreen@co.slc.ut.us

Utah Department of Public Safety

http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov

smccleve@utah.gov

Salt Lake Police Association
142 East 200 South Suite 303
Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Phone: 801-531-4904

Fax: 801-328-4103

http://www.slpa.com/

The internation Union of Police Associations
http://www.iupa.org/
iupa@iupa.org

Salt Lake City Mayor's Office
http://www.slcgov.com/mayor/
mayor@ci.slc.ut.us

And if you would like to call up the Salt Lake City PD. Here is a link to the SLC PD's Phone Directory:

http://www.slcgov.com/police/aboutus/phone.htm"

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4571367 - 08/23/05 05:30 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Anisotropic said:
I also think I am starting to see cops post things now..

CommentComment made: Aug 23, 2005 - 01:00 PM Reply with quote Back to top
I am pretty angry at the irresponibility of party go-ers. I was at that party. I am thankful the police came when they did, the party was getting way out of hand. I was propositioned with drugs at least 20 times. There was even talk about some guys taking advantage of a girl that was messed up on drugs, she was only like 17 or so. The police gave everybody the chance to leave. I did what I was supposed to do and left the party. Some freinds of mine were at the party saying that they would riot if the police came. The police were NOT wrong in what they did. I felt safe because of the actions of the police.

I don't know what it is, but after several years of dealing with undercover police... There's always a common tonality that is always very apperent. Can't quite put my finger on it well enough to discribe (almost like they just try too hard, but thats only some of it), but I know it well thankfully.

If that isn't the law that wrote that, then I'm the easter bunny.

--------------------

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
    #4571458 - 08/23/05 05:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

fuck the police.. they should be worrying about more serious problems, like murders and preventing gang wars rather than messing with a college kids just having a good time

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4571526 - 08/23/05 06:06 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yea, I know.

Well I mean lets look at the diction/tone here.

1."party go-ers"

Someone going to a DnB party would most likely call them Junglists, or
the less informed maybe Ravers, or kids.

2."propositioned with drugs at least 20 times"

Law enforcement uses the term propositioned, most of these kids are not going to use polysyllabic words in exchange for the phrase "I was asked if I wanted drugs 20 times".

Also, I have been going to party's now for 6 years, at and at some points I go 3 nights a week. Even at 5+ thousand people party's I have never been asked if I wanted drugs in excess of 20 times. Never.

3."There was even talk about some guys taking advantage of a girl that was messed up on drugs, she was only like 17 or so."

Did this guy hear talk, or did he see her. Because he seems to know her exact age without seeing her... Most of the people that go to these party's are going to be 16 to 25, how many times would the fact that she is about the age of everyone else come up in conversation?

This is just an illusion to the 17 year old girl that they are calming ODed on X. In corollary with statement the sheriff made about girls on X getting taken advantage of. It's so transparent that he wants to talk about it, but not say that it's the same girl. Like he was there, but hasn't heard the news.

4."I felt safe because of the actions of the police."

I'm very sure most people's definition of safe does not include having helicopter's circle while men with guns scream profanity at you... while shooting off tear gas and releasing dogs into the crowed. I could be wrong, I guess I don't know how everyone else works internally... but my bull shit detector gets tripped by that statement heavily.

O well.

I guess all this shows is that they are getting desperate, because they know the whole world is seeing this.

Edited by Anisotropic (08/23/05 06:14 PM)

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4572233 - 08/23/05 09:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.utahcountyonline.com/apps/WebLink/Dept/ATTY/Chap13.pdf

(page 5)

"13-4-2-1. Required.

No person shall permit, maintain, promote, conduct, advertise, act as entrepreneur, undertake, organize, manage, or sell or give tickets to an actual or reasonably anticipated assembly of two hundred fifty or more people which continues or can reasonably be expected to continue for twelve (12) or more consecutive hours, whether on public or private property unless a license to hold the assembly has first been issued by the County Commissioners."

Sounds like you don't have to only have 250 + people, but have that many AND have it last for 12 hours.

This is not what there saying on the news.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4572433 - 08/23/05 10:13 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
I only wish. It never ceases to amaze me how many people want to completely ban guns. Even some of my friends.

I'm with you man.

The people have to have a way to keep government in check.

A few handguns and assault riffles may not seem like much compared to a highly technologically advanced millitary, but guerrilla tacticts work very well.

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. And the government of course.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#4572815 - 08/23/05 11:18 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: usefulidiot]
    #4572848 - 08/23/05 11:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

while i'm disgusted at the undertakings....

i do not see any "violence documented" in "fascism.mov"

i just see blatant militaristic censorship (and arrests for absolutely no reason!) that should have nothing at all to do with the United States.

does anyone have a movie with actual beatings, dog sickings, etc?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (08/23/05 11:44 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: leery11]
    #4573284 - 08/24/05 01:13 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You talked to FSTV?

ME:

Quote:

I wonder what happened to all those cammeras and all that videotape the cops confiscated.

I wonder if the cops have destroyed all that evidence of their vicious crimes.

I can't believe some people actually think that there are some drugs that are so dangerous that it warrants attacking a large crowd of people with gusn and helicopters to stop them from using their drugs on private property.

What? Are they afraid one of these drugged up hippies are going to suddenly self-ignite, fly up in the air like a missile and take out a baby nursery 15 miles down the road?

They need to stop being so afraid of people getting high in the woods. Anybody that afraid is to much of a coward to live in the "Land of the Brave".

They should go live somewhere "safe", like CHINA.

--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4573301 - 08/24/05 01:18 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I see people being attacked and aggressively arrested by groups of like 5 pigs, and a bunch of people with guns shouting orders. No one has video of anything else, because as you can hear, they confiscated cameras and apparently destroyed others.

I think that constitutes violence, just not some of the MOST severe violence like murder.

They also shot tear gass, but that was after the cameras where off.

I mean they arrested 60 or 70 people, and with how they where acting I see no reason to believe that the violence didn't get worse.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #4574380 - 08/24/05 12:19 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Thats the only video because they confiscated and tackled anyone they saw that had a camera.

The promoters say they had the permits and they were also taken away by the cops. But we have yet to see any proof of their permits yet

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: Worf]
    #4574739 - 08/24/05 02:21 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

The real issue I have here is that it is just becoming down right dangerous to be a DJ/Junglist/Raver now. Especially if you travel alot. Because I mean how is say a DJ from Seattle supposed to know if a party's promoter has all the proper permits really? Esp. when there is absolutely no consistency what so ever county to county let alone state to state.

Most of these people put so much time and money in to there music, they don't have the time or the resources to always find these things out. Let alone have a staff people do it for them.

So say DJ Example travels half way across the country to play a set, what has he/she done here that is so wrong that she deserves to be treated like a criminal? Too have guns put in his/her face, and to be threatened with dogs and tear gas, bodily harm and the loss of freedom/personal property.

All because he/she wants to play some music. Djs have been dealing with this for a long time. (In some states, just because you dressed like us was enough probable cause to pull us over...) Because we live in a culture that refuses to recognize that people can appreciate our art with and WITHOUT drugs.

And if you keep having paramilitary action like this you will invariably have kids getting shot. I mean 90 people with guns, helicopters, tear gas, tazers, guns and SUPREME AUTHORITY.. there are ALOT of variables there. And watch the video, it already looks like a war zone, a war zone against an un-armed un-trained peaceful group of young people. I mean fuck there are like little 18 year old girls there and shit.

Eventually if this keeps happening one of them will be someone trigger happy on a bad day and WILL end up killing people. It's already happened before in the US, but it seems some people refuse to learn from history.

I mean these people are largely un armed (like ONE gun). They stand no chance of survival if some cop's brain breaks because of his adrenaline starts pumping too hard and decides to plug like 10 kids.

This party should have been stopped before it started if it didn't have the proper permits. The cops didn't want that, they wanted to bust alot of kids; because they disagree with there subculture. (I grantee you that group of police has been antsy to do it for a while, if they don't do it all the time.) And then they use the media to contaminate jury pools with half truths, after destroying/confiscating evidence.

I mean did the news even check up on the permit they where talking about? They reported that you needed it if there where 250 people at the event, when in actuality the event has to have 250 people AND last 12 hours. They just say what the police tell them to, because they are always right.

Police = always correct in most amerikkkans minds, and it's is becoming a very scary place for us, fuck it has been for half a decade.

Edited by Anisotropic (08/24/05 02:25 PM)

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Loc: Classified
    #4574762 - 08/24/05 02:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

"Hey. Where's Osama bin Laden? ... Fuck it. Let's go bust some ravers."

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: bukkake]
    #4575376 - 08/24/05 05:31 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:

"All law enforcement activity is hereby suspended because BIN LADEN IS STILL IN A FREE CAVE! Until such time as he is captured killed or exhumed there will be no law. That is all. Go about your business."

Bukkake

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4575456 - 08/24/05 05:56 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You know what?

I bet Osama would fucking love Utah.

--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4575584 - 08/24/05 06:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I think everyone who has a problem with this should make a personal visit to the sherriff's office and ask to speak with him personally about the matter.

Be sure to give him a flower and tell him all about PLUR.

If about 1500 people did this I think it would really send a message.

--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4575670 - 08/24/05 07:05 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Seriously, I've heard it's hard to get coffee in some parts of Utah. Because it's frowned upon.

Edited by Anisotropic (08/24/05 07:07 PM)

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #4575839 - 08/24/05 07:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Nope. There's plenty of java for everyone. The church doesn't want its members to drink it, but they do anyway.

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4577822 - 08/25/05 05:11 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.music-versus-guns.org/media.html
Video link

http://www.music-versus-guns.org/media.html
Media link

http://www.music-versus-guns.org/index.html
Statements from promoters, victims and dj's

THE Versus 2 (name of the rave which was busted) Forum
http://www.utrave.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

#4577839 - 08/25/05 05:30 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

bukkake said:

"All law enforcement activity is hereby suspended because BIN LADEN IS STILL IN A FREE CAVE! Until such time as he is captured killed or exhumed there will be no law. That is all. Go about your business."

Bukkake

Shows where their priorities are.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #4577976 - 08/25/05 09:05 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yes. It should certainly be a priority of Utah police to be searching for Osama bin Laden. Because of, you know, that hot tip from the Pakistanis that ObL is hiding out in a trailer park on the outskirts of Salt Lake City.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: Phred]
    #4578405 - 08/25/05 12:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I saw him dood I think he was rollin

--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #4580545 - 08/25/05 06:36 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

He was "propositioning" kids with drugs and weapons and trying to take advantage of underage women! Good thing the troops got there in time!

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: Phred]
    #4580564 - 08/25/05 06:42 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Phred you know its all Bushes fault ;o)

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #4584228 - 08/26/05 04:09 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/401/twocities.shtml ::

Editorial: A Tale of Two Cities

The contrast could not be starker. In Seattle, 150,000 people gather for the two-day Hempfest, with no incidents and no arrests. Outside Provo, a smaller group of dance enthusiasts congregate for a late night rave in the desert, legally, but are literally attacked by a militarized, multi-agency police team.

In Seattle, the official police line was that they were there, in modest numbers, to protect public safety in the event they should be needed. In Utah, the heavily-armed SWAT-like squadron went in with guns waving, brutalized a number of attendees, carted off dozens and shut down the party. Which approach makes more sense?

Observers of the drug war routinely note how raids using over-the-top police tactics can end in tragedy. Surely Utah County Sheriff Jim Tracy is aware of this too. But that didn't stop him from using them. Someone could easily have been shot by the police, even killed, for no legitimate or useful purpose. One of the young people harshly shoved to the ground could have been injured, even seriously; those things happen sometimes too. But that didn't stop Sheriff Tracy either.

My recommendation is to fire Sheriff Tracy. There is too much overkill in policing these days, and too many cases of shockingly poor judgment such as he demonstrated. And it is not the first time Tracy has placed members of the public in danger in this way. It is dangerous to have such a person working in law enforcement, with the authority and legal power to use force, not just in a top position but at any level. Firing him would be a simple act of common sense and responsibility. But don't wait for it to happen.

Instead, lawyers and civil libertarians will work with the victimized ravers to punish the county with expensive lawsuits, and the point will be made that way. But civil rights shouldn't have to be demonstrated after the fact of their violation. They should just be respected. Seattle's police by no means have a spotless history in this regard. But they made a sensible choice this week at the Hempfest. Utah County police in the desert made a truly bizarre choice.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/401/utah1.shtml ::

Feature: PLUR Meets SWAT as Utah Cops Attack Electronic Dance Party

What was supposed to be a night of dancing to electronic beats under the stars in the Utah desert Saturday night turned into a nightmare for some 900 party-goers as they were suddenly attacked by 90 Utah law enforcement officers dressed in combat gear and carrying assault rifles. The PLUR (Peace, Love, Unity, Respect) kids proved to be no match for the paramilitarized SWAT teams that descended on them on the orders of Utah County Sheriff Jim Tracy.

The event was shut down at gunpoint and some 60 people were arrested, although only 21 of them for drug or alcohol violations. Many more were brutalized, according to numerous eyewitness accounts. Sheriff Tracy claimed the dance party was an illegal gathering without a permit -- a claim vigorously denied by the promoter -- and that illegal drug use was observed by undercover agents at the party.

"It's not just a mass gathering, there's illicit use of drugs, distribution of drugs," Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Darren Gilbert told the Deseret Morning News early this week as questions began to be raised about the raid. "There was a lot of criminal activity just going on at the party itself."

Many early eyewitness accounts described the police as "soldiers" or "National Guardsmen" because of their rough tactics and combat uniforms, but no members of the armed forces were involved, according to Utah County authorities. Instead, the strike force consisted of Utah County Sheriff's deputies, Utah State Police members, a Utah Department of Corrections SWAT squad, and Provo city police. Police officers acted brutally and violently, pointing guns at some party-goers and assaulting others, eyewitnesses said.

Salt Lake City resident member Jonathan Meander, the Utah director of DanceSafe, a harm reduction group that works with the dance culture, was one of the hundreds who had arrived at the party before the big bust. "About 11:30, a helicopter circled the party and people started to scatter," he told DRCNet. "The cops started coming in with cammo gear and assault rifles and dogs and tear gas, and they were yelling and pushing and hassling people. If you tried to get your stuff, you got hit. I saw people get beaten to the ground. They were also trying to prevent people from filming them. The way we got the footage that has made its way to the Internet is that one guy was filming and a cop knocked the camera out of his hand, and one of his friends grabbed the camera and ran away," Meander said.

"I am disgusted. I saw a lot of stuff that just wasn't right," said Meander. "We wanted to go dancing in the desert, and they come with their assault rifles and beat us up."

The assault is being denounced by national organizations that support the dance culture, as well as by civil liberties and drug reform groups. "That raid was atrocious," said Marc Brandl, national director of DanceSafe. "This was harm maximization. If law enforcement had any concerns, they could have brought them up beforehand, instead of ruining these young people's lives," he told DRCNet. "This wouldn't have happened if it had been a Neil Young concert. This is an attack on rave culture, but the more they crack down, the more they drive it underground."

"Throughout American history, our government has attacked every new form of youth music, including jazz, hip-hop, rock and roll, and now electronic music," said Abby Bair, outgoing Outreach Coordinator for Students for Sensible Drug Policy. "A person is no more likely to use drugs at a 'rave' than at a Rolling Stones concert," she told DRCNet. "Fifteen years from now, Americans will look back on the rave laws to see them for what they really were: an absurd effort to criminalize youth culture and a direct violation of 1st Amendment rights."

In the meantime, said Scott Morgan, associate director for Flex Your Rights, a group devoted to teaching people how to effectively exercise their constitutional rights in police encounters, the only recourse may be the courts. "There isn't much we can do to prepare citizens for an experience like this," he told DRCNet. "When law-enforcement chooses to attack rather than protect citizens, the only thing you can do is keep suing them until they can't afford helicopters and camouflage battle-suits."

The attack on Versus II, a challenge of the DJs organized by promoter Salt Lake City promoter and record store owner Brandon Fullmer, is the latest escalation on what has become an all-out assault on dance music parties and the "rave culture" by authorities in Utah County. Located just south of Salt Lake City, the county prides itself on being the most conservative in the nation, and the Mormon-dominated county wants nothing to do with electronic dance music and the youth culture that enjoys it. The Utah County Sheriff's Office reported proudly that it had shut down two previous dance parties this summer. According to the Salt Lake Tribune, Utah County cops wanted to "get their point across that such activity was not welcome in their area."

This is not the first time Sheriff Tracy and his SWAT team have been accused of excessive force. In May of this year, the Utah County SWAT team manhandled a Springville family when it erroneously raided their home. In documents filed as part of a federal lawsuit last month, the Lawrence Chidester family claimed their adult son, Larry, was tackled and his face shoved into the ground and rocks although he was standing with his hands in the air repeatedly saying "I am not resisting." The Chidesters also allege SWAT members threw homeowner Lawrence Chidester to the ground and pointed a gun at his head. While the SWAT team was aiming at the house next door, Sheriff Tracy justified the assault on the Chidesters by saying they became involved "as an ancillary issue." They were lying, anyway, he told the Provo Daily Herald.

The Utah County Sheriff's Department public relations machine was in high gear from the get-go. Sgt. Gilbert warned reporters that "raves" are a serious threat where drug use and underage drinking take place. "Reports of sexual assaults, overdoes, firearm violations, vehicle burglaries," also are to be expected, he said. At Saturday's party, a 17-year-old girl overdosed on Ecstasy, but was treated at the scene and released to her parents, he said. Gilbert also mentioned claims from women to have been sexually assaulted at an earlier party. An earlier party in nearby Little Moab had attracted 3,000 people, and the department wanted to avoid that, he said. "There's no doubt in my mind that this one could have been at 2,000 plus (people)," he said. "That's why we hit it so early."

Even in the wake of the raid and the rising clamor about Utah County assaults on the dance culture, Sheriff Tracy told the Salt Lake Tribune his office monitors the Internet, searches for party flyers, and sends up police helicopters in an effort to snuff out such gatherings. "If they're going to run one on a Wednesday night, we'll find it," he said. "We will ensure we find them and have them curtailed before they ever get to that point."

But the sheriff may have bitten off more than he can chew. The Utah dance party community is aroused, and no one more so than event promoter Brandon Fullmer, also known as DJ Loki. "The police were totally out of line," he told DRCNet. "What they did was totally uncalled for. There was no reason for them to use excessive force. They may deny it, but we have it on video. They came in without a warrant and manhandled people, including a 90-pound girl who got beat down. How are we supposed to respect the police when they come and treat us like criminals?"

Fullmer has hired noted Utah civil rights attorney Brian Bernard and plans to file a lawsuit, he said. "Our attorney is reviewing the case right now, and once we figure out how to proceed, then bam! We will take action. I've been doing this a long time and I make sure to cover everything. They've shut down other shows, and I understand that. But when I do everything needed to make this legal, they are not right to shut us down."

Fullmer disputed the sheriff's office statement that he lacked a permit. "They are saying I didn't have my permits, which is a flat-out lie," he said. "I'm not some kid; I'm a businessman and I've been doing these events for 10 years. We were in complete compliance with the requirements of Utah County."

The Utah County Sheriff's Office claimed that the event was not properly permitted because under county ordinance, events with more than 250 people must receive a permit from the county commission. But the sheriff's office was being intentionally misleading, said Fullmer. "The county law says you need the permit if you're going to have more than 250 people and the event is going to last more than 12 hours, but our event was not scheduled for more than 12 hours, therefore we did not need that permit."

Versus II had done everything required of it, said Fullmer. "We had a permit from the county health department, we had emergency medical technicians on scene, we hired security licensed through the state of Utah. By the way, six of those arrested were our security people. They had confiscated drugs from party-goers and the cops arrested them for drug possession for the drugs they confiscated!"

Fulmer and his attorney aren't the only lawyers examining the raid. "We have a lot of problems with how that entire matter was handled. We are extremely concerned, especially about the excessive force issues, as well as about the apparent attack on free expression and free assembly" said Dani Eyer, executive director of the Utah American Civil Liberties Union. "We have received complaints and are gathering stories and are in internal discussions about how to proceed."

Utah County Sheriff Tracy managed to shut down one more party, but in doing so he was brought unintended and unwanted attention to the county and his department. Now the question is how much the taxpayers of Utah County will have to pay for his attacks on young Utahns.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: geokills]
    #4585533 - 08/26/05 11:20 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Fuck, I didn't realize that only 21 of them where for drug charges.
But I mean in the end all they show off on the news is like 10 joints, 3 pills, 7 or 8 pipes, and 1 fake bill.

(mind you that person might have had NO clue the bill was fake, and you can't get anything more severe then probation for under 2 thousand. 1 bill is fucking nothing really.)

That just makes it worse.

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4585592 - 08/26/05 11:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:

It is, actually. He installed members of his administration that are infatuated with jailing any and all drug users and support the bludgeoning of, I'm assuming, scrawny ravers blitzed out of their minds with glow sticks. Or have they made glow sticks illegal yet?

And no. I don't do drugs and I'm not a liberal. So spare me the, "u liberals just wanna like, legalize marijuana and b peaceful" line.

Edited by bukkake (08/26/05 11:52 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4585703 - 08/27/05 12:14 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:
Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:

It is, actually. He installed members of his administration that are infatuated with jailing any and all drug users

Drugs have been illegal, people have been jailed for these drugs, and the police have used the same tactics for much longer than Bush has been in office.

Also, the authorities that conducted the raid of this party WERE NOT federal, they were local. That means that neither Bush nor the people he appointed had any part in this.

By 11:30 p.m., more than 90 law enforcement officers and SWAT team members from Utah County, Provo, and the Utah Department of Public Safety shut down the party.

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4585740 - 08/27/05 12:23 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

That is all true. However, the DEA and other local law enforcements have been much more enthusiastic and our current and former Attorney General of the Bush administration have fought much more vigoriously to annex all substances and throw every user in jail. The drug war has definitely been stepped up ever since he came into office.

Case in point this story. Wrestling ravers to the ground. I wasn't implying Bush gave direct orders to bust the party.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #4586775 - 08/27/05 08:55 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

fuck the police

I have much respect for alot of officers, some of them are really cool, and help keep our place of living safe and worry free. I know that they are only doing their job, and its the policy makers that are to blame. Just as the cashier at mcdonalds should not be bitched at because of the Chicken Select prices.

If I was there and a cop woulda touched me or anyone else in a way that was threatening, I would not hesitate to find out where he lives and put a bullet in his head. There is no reason to shut down this party, let alone use violence to do so, im sure the people would leave without guns. Police need to stop overstepping their boundaries, and stop using excessive force to do so.

I wish there was more people could do, you can only bitch do someone so much, but honestly it wont work. People in power want to stay in power, and in a conservative state like Utah, I doubt the powers feel like the young raver crowds are going to ruin their votes, im sure they have far more positive mormon backing from such raids.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4587014 - 08/27/05 12:16 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You fail to make any point. When has any administration steped down the drug war?? Clinton put away just as much druggies as anyone else. Clintons administration and his appointed Attorney General Janet Reno is responsible for Waco Texas. The attrocities commited there as well as Ruby Ridge and the Elian Gonzalez home invasion. Bush and Ashcroft haven't done anything even remotely as heinous against their own citizens. Ashcroft busted a couple of headshops and put Tommy Chong in jail wow.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4587126 - 08/27/05 12:56 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

An Elian Gonzalez reference? What does that have to do with anything? John Ashcroft filed a case against a medical marijuana user, shut down head shops, advocated the illegalization of glow sticks under the guise of drug paraphernalia, and fought for tougher minimum mandatory sentences. I have never said Clinton was a good man or took it easy on drug users.

If you read what I am saying, it is all a very valid. The war on drugs is being fought with much more vigor with this current administration. Do you just not want to acknowledge George W. Bush may have a poor domestic policy?

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4587150 - 08/27/05 01:09 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:
If you read what I am saying, it is all a very valid. The war on drugs is being fought with much more vigor with this current administration.

As it will be in the next administration whether its a Democrat or Republican administration. What does Elien have to do with anything? Well how about they fucking kicked in his familys door with federal agents to come and take him back to communist cuba despite the wet foot dry foot policy that is granted every other cuban child or adult? Clinton pussied out under pressure something Bush wouldn't do. Also I like how you offered no excuse for Waco or Ruby Ridge. Do you just not want to acknowledge Clinton had a poor domestic policy?

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4587236 - 08/27/05 01:48 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think Bush really cares to tell you the truth. I mean he's just a figure head, that is contently on vacation. He even went to Salt Lake City the next day, didn't even mention it.

I bet his advisers know, but they certainly are not to blame here. It's a society that is set up being anti-drug user and anti-gay. What do you see at alot of parties? Drug users and gays.

Oppressive societies always try to destroy youth culture. The Nazi's did the same thing with it's swing culture. Only then there excuse was because swing music was made by Blacks and Jews. Now they oppress us because of the drug users and gays.

One would wonder, once the world starts to get over the fact that there are always going to be drug users and gays... (and people that like to dance to loud music) What will be the next target of oppressive regimes?

Edited by Anisotropic (08/27/05 01:48 PM)

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

#4587276 - 08/27/05 02:08 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Do you just not want to acknowledge Clinton had a poor domestic policy?

Quote:

I have never said Clinton was a good man or took it easy on drug users.

I thought you right-wingers were against the entry of illegal aliens into the country, anyway?

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4587470 - 08/27/05 03:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Clintons administration and his appointed Attorney General Janet Reno is responsible for Waco Texas. The attrocities commited there as well as Ruby Ridge...

Quote:

Also I like how you offered no excuse for Waco or Ruby Ridge. Do you just not want to acknowledge Clinton had a poor domestic policy?

Ruby Ridge happened on the first George Bush's watch. Clinton was elected AFTER Ruby Ridge and Janet 'The Butcher of Waco' Reno was not sworn in until a year after Ruby Ridge.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4587560 - 08/27/05 03:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:
Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Do you just not want to acknowledge Clinton had a poor domestic policy?

Quote:

I have never said Clinton was a good man or took it easy on drug users.

I thought you right-wingers were against the entry of illegal aliens into the country, anyway?

Yes but not Cubans their our constituecny ;o) Just look at which way the Cubans in Miami vote.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

#4587570 - 08/27/05 03:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Do you think former Cuban citizen Orlando Bosch votes while he is residing in Florida?

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4587575 - 08/27/05 04:01 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

My bust, So Ruby Ridge was under Bushes watch looks like Clintons administration steped up the war against its own citizenry then. But seriously this doesn't resemble the rave at all?

There you go thank you Janet Reno.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

#4587578 - 08/27/05 04:04 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Since we are demonizing members of Clinton's administration, here's another nice picture for you.

Madeline Albright with Kim Jong-il.

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4587672 - 08/27/05 04:32 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Really what does it matter who the president is currently?

I mean these people are just figure heads. The real problem here is a society where 90 people that are supposed to help/serve the people, think that tear gassing/attacking/terrorizing/imprisoning peaceful citizens in the name of 'protecting them' is okay.

(Because they MIGHT cause harm to themselves.)

President Bush is ONE person. The problem is that we have hundreds of thousands of people making a living off of imprisoning drug users/ anyone the government disagrees with. (Like Junglists/Ravers/Hippies) Bush is only ONE of those people.

In order to change things we have to do alot more then just change ONE person. Every single one of those SWAT are just as guilty as there leader, because they each have the choice to say "I'm not going to do this it is wrong"

They don't like you to think that, but it's true.

Edited by Anisotropic (08/27/05 04:34 PM)

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4587767 - 08/27/05 05:07 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

She looks like the penguin from batman returns. ahahaha

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

Offlineequad0r3
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4588147 - 08/27/05 07:30 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know if you guys have found video or not of this - but I believe I saw the footage the other day on alldumb.com - I'm not sure if this is over or not because 7 pages is alot to read through... but from what I saw in the video and the way you described it, it sounds like it was the video you are speaking of.

Make these people pay for their actions.

--------------------
John Allen/PESH casings

Offlineequad0r3
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: equad0r3]
    #4588195 - 08/27/05 07:48 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
John Allen/PESH casings

OfflineDoinkybottoms
UnorthodoxNewbie
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: equad0r3]
    #4589273 - 08/28/05 12:22 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I am furious, but I am only one person. Yet again the drug culture is too lazy and disorganized to stand up for itself, basically jusifying the outlawing of drugs. What if those 1500 people and the millions of us who think stuff like this is bullshit actually stood up and demanded our rights? I live in mormonia and you can bet your ass that this is a christian bust. Seriously, the cops are LDS, the local government is LDS, EVERYONE is fucking LDS. All I see is FORCED RELIGION. The people should have rioted. WE SHOULD ALL RIOT!!! What the hell good are useless emails to officials going to do? Bush is on his 300+ vacation day, do you think local officials are any different? "Check it out Laura, I have 15 million emails in the public account. Now watch this... DELETE! Ah, now back to the ranch and my kilo." God, I dream of the day when 40 million drug users converge on washington, or, heaven forbid, actually all vote for a real leader.

Yikes, I sound like a fucking terroist...

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: Doinkybottoms]
    #4589369 - 08/28/05 12:45 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

You Sir are very ignorant.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4590171 - 08/28/05 05:09 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Argue about the post, not the poster.

We have VERY STRICT flaming rules in this forum, because disagreement and argument are what it is all about. :smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: Doinkybottoms]
    #4593161 - 08/29/05 12:47 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Rioting doesn't do any good, and is just playing into the hands of your enemies.

What they really need to do is become wealthy professionals that have lots of money for lawyers, or better yet, become lawyers. Organize, pool resources, and sue the shit out of the pigs when they overstep their bounds.

That will put them in their fucking place. Throwing rocks will not.

Case in point: the Palestinians.

--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

#4594054 - 08/29/05 03:41 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Rioting doesn't do any good, and is just playing into the hands of your enemies.

What they really need to do is become wealthy professionals that have lots of money for lawyers, or better yet, become lawyers. Organize, pool resources, and sue the shit out of the pigs when they overstep their bounds.

That will put them in their fucking place. Throwing rocks will not.

Case in point: the Palestinians.

Your right, to a point, but there is a limit. Revolution can be used if all else fails. Throwing rocks is pointless, you need to shoot to kill once you decide to engage an enemy, don't bother if you don't have real weapons.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #4601886 - 08/31/05 02:05 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I havent herd about this from any of the big news networks yet?

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4602816 - 08/31/05 10:23 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

1stimer said:
I havent herd about this from any of the big news networks yet?

It's not very likely that you ever will.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Police Brutality In Salt Lake City, (Doccumented on Video.) [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4603240 - 08/31/05 12:34 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

well... At least here they show the video footage on this clip...
(Way better then before...)

http://idisk.mac.com/apexgrin/Public/fox138212005.mov

I like the over dose on X bull shit... If you overdose on something, you don't get treated on scene and released like a hour later. To these stupid fucks any dose is an 'Overdose' because any is unacceptable... This girl was most likely just visibly on MDMA, and then got shook the fuck up because she had guns in her fucking face.

I bet you won't hear about this one ether...

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/issues/2001-07-25/radarstation.html

This is happening all over the US, and has been for years.

I recently watched 'Swing Kids'. http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800183531
It's a film from 1992 (before most Americans new about Raves) that portrays how the Nazi's destroyed swing culture. I find it interesting, because it was in no way meant to be a comment on the modern day Rave scene, but ends up being VERY MUCH SO...

Sad.

Edited by Anisotropic (08/31/05 12:43 PM)

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4604000 - 08/31/05 04:10 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I thought it was kinda weird that they would show off pictures of 'bruises' on the news, yet there was nothing there. I couldn't figure it out at first I was like.. "Why is this news worthy"...

Now I get it..

" The cops are brutal. I know, I've been tasered till I was knocked three times in one night for public intox. The bruises didn't go away for weeks and they kept me in the holding area for over a day till the bruising on my face faded enough that it couldn't be seen in the booking photo. They also refused to photo the bruises or burns from the cops. They also kept me in jail till the bruises and burns faded, almost two weeks, for a public intox. That's why you won't see any photos of injuries on the kids who went to jail."

http://nwtekno.org/vb/showthread.php?s=8...mp;pagenumber=2

I would've never thought of that. I wonder if pigs have a behind the scenes manual they pass out, to help 'protect officers' from there own actions...

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4613764 - 09/02/05 09:22 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.newutah.com/modules.php?op=mo...r=0&thold=0

Family sues SWAT team after raid on their home

Michael Rigert DAILY HERALD

A family says on a quiet May evening members of the Utah County SWAT team erroneously invaded their Springville home and roughed them up without cause.

The next day, the Chidester family, including Lawrence, his wife Emily and their adult son Larry, filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against Utah County and six SWAT team members.

According to court documents, the Chidesters say the SWAT team arrived on the street outside their home May 25 at approximately 10:30 p.m. They say the officers then proceeded to man-handle them in the execution of a search warrant -- albeit for the wrong address. The police unit's intended target, the suit claims, was the residence next door.

"Larry Chidester was asleep in his residence when he heard a loud bang or crash outside and exited to investigate the source of the noise," court documents say.

He observed Utah County SWAT team members departing their police vehicle and heading toward their neighbor's home. The sound he had heard was flash-bang devices detonated by the officers. However when SWAT team members saw Larry, they went after him, the suit claims.

"The officer pointed his firearm at Larry and started running towards him, yelling, 'There's one!,' " the document states.

Despite the fact that Larry had his hands in the air and told the officer repeatedly "I'm not resisting," the suit states the SWAT member continued to run over or tackle him, "and shoved his face into the ground and rocks."

The suit claims Larry Chidester was later transported to the emergency room at Mountain View Hospital in Payson to be treated for injuries.

Two officers then kicked open a side door of the home and entered Lawrence Chidester's bedroom as he was dressing, according to the suit.

"A law enforcement officer grabbed Lawrence and threw him to the floor ... the officer held a firearm to the back of Lawrence's head in the presence of his wife, Emily Chidester," the documents say.

Afterward, when the family was questioned about their names and address, the suit claims SWAT team members "admitted ... they were in the wrong house and they had made a mistake."

The Chidesters said the addresses of both homes were clearly marked by curbside mail boxes.

In the federal suit, the Chidesters claim that the members of the Utah County Sheriff's Office were "grossly negligent ... and acted with deliberate indifference" of their rights. They say the SWAT team members had no probable cause for their arrest or detention.

The family is seeking an undisclosed amount in damages to be determined at trial.

Though Utah County Sheriff Jim Tracy said the Chidester home was not the SWAT team's original objective, he said the Chidesters became involved in the raid "as an ancillary issue."

"The warrant was for the house nextdoor but in the service of that warrant they became involved ... they had contact with us," Tracy said.

He said he could not comment on the specifics of the lawsuit since he had not yet reviewed it.

"We dispute the accuracy of their version of the events," Tracy said, regarding what's been reported to date about the nature of the incident.

Michael Rigert can be contacted at 344-2548 or mrigert@heraldextra.com.
This story appeared in The Daily Herald on page C1.

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4613770 - 09/02/05 09:24 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.slweekly.com/editorial/2005/cityweek_1_2005-09-01.cfm

12-Hour Party People
Utah County enforced its permit, even if time was on the side of dance party promoters
by Jamie Gadette
e-mail a link to this article

Trudy Childs recalls rubbing her wrists and wincing in agony. No stranger to pain, the 52-year-old rheumatoid arthritis sufferer could barely tolerate the zip tags Utah County Sheriff?s deputies used to keep her in line. An unsympathetic officer congratulated Childs on an ?Emmy-winning performance,? laughing as his colleagues?close to 90 law-enforcement officials, including Provo City police and a Utah Department of Corrections SWAT squad?cleared out hundreds of people attending Versus II, an electronic music event hosted on her private property Aug. 20. ?I don?t know why you think this is so damn funny,? Childs told the officer, frustrated by his mocking grin.

Meanwhile, officers dressed in camouflage and helmets ushered revelers off Childs? property. Armed with semiautomatic rifles, attack dogs and, allegedly, tear gas, few people questioned their authority. The next day, online forums and various blogs decried the ?illegal rave? bust as a blatant violation of basic civil rights.

Authorities said that the all-night dance party attracted drug use, theft, sexual assault and underage drinking. They later said Versus II promoters didn?t have the proper permits to host a mass gathering of more than 250 people, ?reasonably expected to exceed 12 hours.?

The permit in question now fuels pending legal action against Utah County. Brian M. Barnard, attorney for Childs and the concert promoters, High Point Productions and Uprok Records, said he?ll file a civil-rights suit in federal court. While Barnard has not yet filed a formal complaint, he?s confident the law is on his client?s side. Brandon Fullmer, manager of Uprok and part-promoter of Versus II, knew of the county ordinance but believed he didn?t need one since his party wouldn?t exceed 12 hours.

?I don?t think there?s any question that the sheriff misapplied the ordinance and acted improperly,? Barnard said, adding that the raid was discriminatory and an act of censorship. ?If individuals break the law, punish them. But don?t assume that everyone who goes to a rap, hip-hop, or electronic music concert is a criminal.? The Sheriff?s Office did not return phone calls.

Utah County?s mass-gathering permit, and others like it, has roots dating back to perhaps the most famous mass gathering of all: Woodstock. Back then, officials nationwide wanted to prevent similar events in their own back yards. They feared a generation whose music and politics scoffed at authority.

?Fast forward to 2005 and things haven?t changed,? Barnard said. The irony becomes greater considering that the dancing-equals-eternal-damnation film, Footloose, was shot in Utah.

It?s not as if promoters wanted to rebel. In fact, they did all they could to comply with the law. Fullmer started planning the concert in April. He had thrown previous events as manager for a now-defunct record shop and didn?t foresee any trouble acquiring the necessary permits.

Fullmer, who scheduled the event for a 9.5-hour period, from 9 p.m. to 6:30 a.m., secured a permit through the Utah County Health Department (UCHD). He took out a $1 million insurance policy, hired security guards, rented portable toilets, obtained a solid-waste permit and met a number of other requirements before booking out-of-state and local DJs. Fullmer selected the Childs? property as venue of choice for its sloping hills and scenic, redrock backdrop. He knew the family had a somewhat antagonistic relationship with Utah County law enforcement?Yancy and Rory Childs started throwing concerts in 2003, angering police with their rock and reggae noise?but figured since he?d met all the health permit?s requirements, there was no cause for concern. ?I knew everything was good to go,? he said.

So did Trudy?s son, Rory Childs. The 23-year-old returned missionary, who planned to throw an Aug. 13 concert honoring a recently deceased friend, was determined to avoid a repeat of July 16, when local law-enforcement officials instigated a raid similar to the Aug. 20 bust, breaking up?but not arresting and/or ticketing?a large, heavy-metal audience. He researched all requirements, obtained a fire-safety permit, picked up a copy of the lengthy public-assemblies ordinance and says he showed it to UCHD officials who said it wasn?t necessary since his event would last less than 12 hours. Not taking any chances, Rory contacted Utah County Attorney Kay Bryson who gave him the runaround, with no straight answers and recommending he contact another attorney. Calls to Bryson?s office were not returned.

While the tribute concert went off without a hitch, its success gave Fullmer and High Point Productions a false sense of security. Like Rory, they did not ?anticipate? their mass gathering to run beyond dawn.

?The sheriff, who apparently has a crystal ball allowing him to see into the future, said the concert would last more than 12 hours,? Barnard said. ?But when the storm troopers came to visit, it was only two or three hours into the program.?

Some might suggest Fullmer should have secured the permit as a precaution so his bases would be covered. However, the ordinance is rife with arduous and costly requirements. For example, for large assemblies, promoters must hire a licensed physician for every 1,000 people on hand. An emergency medical staff is not enough. Besides, ?The law doesn?t work with ?should have known,?? Barnard said, adding that an individual cannot be held accountable for not predicting potential illegalities.

Childs understands her family can?t use their property however they please. She knows that the U.S. Supreme Court has upheld zoning restrictions and reasonable licensing of events such as the Aug. 20 ill-fated concert. She?s also learned, however, that sometimes bureaucratic measures complicate her constitutional rights. Twenty years ago, her family owned 9,500 acres of land. That number has since dwindled to 2,200.

In 1990, the Childs waged a five-year battle to protect a parcel of their land the Bureau of Reclamation wanted for constructing a pipeline. Or was it to save an endangered flower? The government?s story kept changing. Eventually, the Bureau won and her family waved goodbye to another chunk of property. She worries that her family will lose control of additional land?that is, if Utah County has anything to do about it.

Meanwhile, her sons Rory and Yancy still plan on turning part of their property into a music venue similar to Red Butte Gardens. Their venture might fill an overlooked niche in Utah County, offering a place for residents to enjoy a wide range of concerts?and, hopefully, never face the barrel of a gun.

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4613774 - 09/02/05 09:26 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

When the police get like this, it's everyone that should feel threatened.

It seems everything in America is turning in to a war zone.

Edited by Anisotropic (09/02/05 09:32 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4759233 - 10/05/05 03:43 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Any recent developments?

Any lawsuits, criminal charges, or acts of terrorism?

--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #4790821 - 10/12/05 02:17 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The people that threw the party made a webpage called http://www.music-versus-guns.org/mamboserve/

I found this link really really disgusting
http://www.music-versus-guns.org/mambose...,fileinfo/id,3/

It's police camera footage of the show being set up by the promoters. I already knew the cops knew about the party, because the police spokesperson had said they where watching this party on the Internet for weeks.

But it still disgusts me even more... I don't know, just because of the level of planning that went into beating kids up. All they had to do was tell them they believed they did not have the proper permits.

Even though they did, the police are wrong. (I've already linked to it.)

Edited by Anisotropic (10/12/05 02:21 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   North Spore Cultivation Supplies