Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Why do I need a goal?
    #4566220 - 08/22/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Without an aim, something to work towards I feel empty and existance seems pointless.

In terms of evolution, what is the purpose of such a mental process?

I understand that every moment is a blessing and should be used wisely but I suppose I forget this when I'm in this "whats the fucking point" frame of mind.

Has anybody experienced and conquered this mind-loop?

I spose it could just be the old green... :stoned:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Why do I need a goal? [Re: Ego Death]
    #4566233 - 08/22/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

With nothing to do you are sitting or laying still. After a week or two you die from lack of sustenance. If we were content to lay around and die we would not reproduce either.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: Why do I need a goal? [Re: daimyo]
    #4566277 - 08/22/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I see, you think its a larger version of the smaller process of simply doing something.

I spose thats when expection comes in.

Where in doing something do you draw the lines of it being satisfying or not? Hmmmm, must ponder more...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4566307 - 08/22/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
Without an aim, something to work towards I feel empty and existance seems pointless.

Emptiness isn't something that is necessarily a "bad" state of mind (not saying that you are saying that it is, so let's not play that game :wink:), but perhaps having an aim or a purpose or something that you are in the midst of working at is merely serving as a distraction from that emptiness. You could see the emptiness as potential, perhaps, from which any aspect of existance could spring forth through and as a part of you. Maybe you could consider the experience as a blessing that will benefit yourself when you are working on something or having an aim (by bringing more focus and intensity to it when you do)?

The only problems that would interfere with seeing such an experience in the manner that I just described would be if you label it pointless and attribute negative qualities to that. Perhaps it seems pointless, but yet perhaps that is merely an oppurtunity to define for yourself the points for yourself. :wink:

Quote:

If we viewed it in a negative light, we could say that it benefits our survival by keeping us occupied on doing what we must to survive. However, if we consider the ways that it could benefit us, as an aware experience that centers us in potential and brings more meaning and focus to the endeavors that we do decide to participate in, then the experience itself benefits our survival in that way. :grin:

Quote:

I understand that every moment is a blessing and should be used wisely but I suppose I forget this when I'm in this "whats the fucking point" frame of mind.

I know what you mean, and perhaps your experience of such a frame of mind is exactly what you need to analyze the questions and the feelings that bring you to that experience, so that you find your answer to exactly what is the (your) point. :wink:

I don't personally know the details of the experience you speak of, but perhaps this might help consider it in a new light - I'm not saying that this is the way it is for you.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Why do I need a goal? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4566316 - 08/22/05 11:40 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

now your goal is to find your goal
i keep looking for the path I just lost

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4566369 - 08/22/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Satisfaction comes when the goal is accomplished. Start off with simple realistic ones like reorganizing a messy closet and see how you feel when its done and using it there after.

Add some more simple ones to the list that are easily attainable like buying a book you can learn something useful and new from and setting a time to finish reading it and have something in mind to apply the knowledge too and set a goal for accomplishing that.

As we set goals and accomplish them, we add something beneficial to our lives and start living in the positive increase "via adding". We experience more fulfillment by "adding in to our personal voids".

When we do nothing, we live in a "lack" or unfulfilled and unsatisfied state. That leads to a negative feeling or negative experience.

Why do it, why care? It seems accomplishing people, experience a greater sense of fulfillment and satisfaction with life.

When you live in the "I can do this" spirit, and actually follow through and do it, a momentum of energy builds behind you and increases confidence and a greater sense of general well being because you feel more self empowered when you can say to yourself , "look what I did, look what I can make happen, look what I can effect and change."

It contributes to the process of self realization. You experience a sense of who you are and what you are made of by what you can make of yourself and the raw materials of life around you.

Saying it's all useless is like giving up on yourself and that you are useless. You aren't. It takes accomplishing goals and creating effective change to realize that you are not useless and the efforts are not useless. If you follow through and accomplish the goal, you see the results and get to experience the benefit.

You get to experience how useful to your life and to the life of others you can be. And in the satisfaction and fulfillment that comes from that you begin to realize uses and purposes for life and begin to appreciate the big plan and the fulfillment of it.

If everyone walks around making constructive use of themselves all day, imagine how different the world would be. Look at how much human potential is wasting away with people watching TV, sitting home drunk, sitting around feeling helpless and useless, what shape would the world take? Human potential would not become realized or fulfilled. The world and people would fall into entropy and waste away.

True to how reality reflects mind states, they would then have it confirmed for themselves that life is a useless waste as they watched it waste away.

It's different for people to see it and themselves as being useful for realizing and fulfilling potential. Their reality reflects the mind state and they watch themselves and the world grow and prosper into something more then it was yesterday.

Which type of person do you want to be? Which experience of yourself and this world do you want to have?

I think it's easy to confuse a carefree life with a careless one. There is a difference. Carefree people realize what it is they can change and what they can't. They are careful with what they can do and do those things with care in life. They worry not about what they can't.

I don't have the financial means or time to adequately care for every child in the world. I can't sit around worrying about all of them. It's unrealistic and I would become discouraged and start feeling useless and give up. That would be a useless waste of my time and energy. I can use the time and energy and financial means I have to to care for the children around me though and make use of myself where I realistically can.

I can also set realistic goals for maybe doing even more to care for the children of the world and see what my potential is for that. I can work to expand upon my current limitations in the matter and realize more of who I am, what I can be and do, how I can make use of myself. At the same time, I will not worry about what falls beyond those limitations. Being in a state of worry and being able to do nothing about it is useless in itself.

Start drawing the lines to gain focus for goal setting.

Well, this is just another perspective to ponder on and make use of if you care to.

:heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleTippinthru
contented

Loc: "The Garden"...
Re: Why do I need a goal? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4566532 - 08/22/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, just get up and shake it off! Go find something fun to do or get around some fun people!

--------------------
Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time...
[

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #4566546 - 08/22/05 01:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:

It seems like what you're talking about is the result of social conditioning rather than evolution.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Why do I need a goal? [Re: Tippinthru]
    #4566595 - 08/22/05 01:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Did you mean for that reply to go to dano?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4566615 - 08/22/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:

Has anybody experienced and conquered this mind-loop?

I spose it could just be the old green... :stoned:

I don't really see a point in my existence. I have a different approach to life: I take every day with my greedy hands and use the time and space for my own amusement. It's fun to live, that's all I have to say about my existence

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: Why do I need a goal? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4566643 - 08/22/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Did you mean for that reply to go to dano?

yes

Offlinefredyjenkins
Stranger
Re: Why do I need a goal? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #4566678 - 08/22/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe i will sound over-simplistic (is that a word?) here but well, you are saying that you feel kind of empty doing nothing, and what is the idea of such a mental process..

Well, do something out of your time you'll feel better. What's wrong with that? What is life anyway? Get yourself some girls, find a day time activitie that makes you feel accomplished, be spiritual! =)

Set yourself some goals, start working out whatever :wink:

Enthogenic stuff, the oneness thing, god ect. Is pretty useless knowledge/experience if you cant make it shine through your life!

oh and also, take things easily, the worst that can happen to you is death in the long run =)

forgive me for my awfull english!

--------------------
-English is not my native language. So im not retarded, i'm just not very engligh articulate. Please forgive me for my bad writing! :wink: Thank you! :laugh:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4566686 - 08/22/05 02:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Your goal is show the world once and for all that ET is here on planet earth.

Buy a torch (flashlight to you westerners) for signaling and a digicam and go to it.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4567178 - 08/22/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My first post addressed the possible purpose of the mental process in terms of evolution.

Outside of that i think the reason people feel the need to be doing something, has more to do with social conditioning as itstarssaddam said.
Society is increasingly becomming an on the go, multitasking clusterfuck of consumers. The best at this are considered "successful". Seeing this everyday may ingrain this attitude into the subconcious. Therefore when one wishes to do nothing the subconcious cringes at the thought of being a failure and tries to motivate the person to do something.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Why do I need a goal? [Re: daimyo]
    #4567186 - 08/22/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"Don't Just Do Something--Sit There!"

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4567233 - 08/22/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This guy may be helpful in your quest:

http://www.prophetyahweh.funtigo.com/?cr=1&rfm=y

Seriously, though, if you want something to work towards, take some philosophy classes at your local community college for a start. They'll help you learn to think critically. They'll also expose you to all sorts of interesting ideas and points of view that you may not be aware of. These things may lead you to better find meaning and purpose in existence.

If you're ambitious, take a degree in physics and bring an open mind when you begin to study Quantum Mechanics.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Why do I need a goal? [Re: Diploid]
    #4570229 - 08/23/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

take a walk around your town
or maybe go back-packing cross country?

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #4570282 - 08/23/05 10:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

There is still a lot to do in the outer and the inner world...
Just open your eyes and your mind :wink:

But you can also go out for some 'liming'... (google 'liming tobago')

Have fun whatever you do ! And be awaere not to (let) program you, until you are aware what you do !

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: Why do I need a goal? [Re: fredyjenkins]
    #4570587 - 08/23/05 11:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"Get yourself some girls"

Where are these strange creatures hiding? I'm 23 and I still hav'nt worked out where they are. I don't goto pubs or clubs by the way. These types of people are rarely on my wavelength...

I havn't read all the replys yet, not enough time arrrggggh...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order