Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDeviate
holding psychedelic drug users in high regard?
    #4565052 - 08/21/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i've to come hold psychedelic drug users in high regard as a subset of the population. there are times when i see so much intelligence and wisdom on this forum it amazes me. i post an another spirituality, religion and philosophy board but on a website that has no affilitation with drugs and the discusions and viewpoints here are far more advanced and original than virtually anything posted there. very few people demonstrate knowledge of the inner (experiential) spiritual path which transncends any specific teaching and so the discussions are usually limited to interpretations and opinions about specific doctrines and heated debates about whether God exists (not that there isn't any of that here but you get the idea).

anyway i wonder if it has more to with intelligent open minded people being more interested in participating in forums on websites relating to psychedelics or the affects of the drugs themselves. i'm sure its some combination of both but does anyone else hold psychedelic drug users in high regard or at least find their viewpoints far more insightful than those of the average person? i know if i have a non mainsteam viewpoint i wish to discuss i would be far more likely to come here with it than to a forum which doesn't consist of mostly drug users.

Edited by Deviate (08/21/05 11:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: holding psychedelic drug users in high regard? [Re: Deviate]
    #4565085 - 08/21/05 11:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I agree. :thumbup: I think S&P here is pretty good. I learn grow and have fun here. :mushroom2: :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: holding psychedelic drug users in high regard? [Re: Icelander]
    #4565316 - 08/21/05 11:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think parts of the 'psychedelic community' value knowledge and intellegence very much. Definately, moreso that the culture spewed from the mouth of MTV, etc. I know if it wasn't for psychedelics and the culture around it, I'd probably be a dumb jock. Or at least, dumb.
Although, in comparison to some of the people on this forum, I AM dumb! What a shame. I hate smart people.

OfflineDeviate
Re: holding psychedelic drug users in high regard? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4565620 - 08/22/05 01:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i was always intelligent and interested in philosophy but i feel like psychedelics really helped me see through some of my own delusions and projections and accept a wider picture of reality.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4565633 - 08/22/05 01:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think intelligent people will usually be found in intellectual pursuits outside the mainstream, such as in the use of hallucinogens.

Though not necessary; there's a lot of really stupid people out there dropping acid and eating mushrooms who still think acid fucks up your spine. :rolleyes:

In fact, most of the people who I've talked in real life who do hallucinogens are idiots, so I think it's an online phenonema. Or perhaps there's just one really intelligent member here diffusing all of his IQ points to the rest of the herd?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineVarthDader
Lark Sord ofDith
Loc: Uranus
Re: holding psychedelic drug users in high regard? [Re: Ravus]
    #4565685 - 08/22/05 02:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hello

I m new here, I think you are on to somehing, at least, thats the reason why I registered here, ... I?ve been just casual reader for a while...

Why are you here?

I would so much like to share my mushroom-related-experiences with someone ...
people who have used these drugs for something constructive ... who have felt the change in eerydaylife, in everydaybelief, in everydaythought

thats where Im sure, you know : the change is not an illusion, the change is real

man, when I think back, 5-10 years, I can see how I was ... selfish, stupid, allways complaining, tired, suspicious, scared ... you know?

somehow this has changed ... ofcourse, there are many reasons ... thinking about it, reading about it .... various ideas and all kinds of philosophies (how do you spell this word?)
I sometimes seriously feel like I would have just thrown my life away if it wasnt for (among other things) the mushrooms

the I talk to my sister, or dad or friends, and they say "wow, you are loosing it ... you are going insane .... you are becoming a drug-adict"

I tell them : look, its nothing like that .. I wake up in the morning and I feel good ... I go out, meet people and Im never scared ... I look at the world and feel like "wow, this is a mircale, Im so lucky to bere here"

this is not an illusion, this is truth

(ps - Im from a very conservative background ... I only use the mushrooms maybe 2-4 times a year, but this is more than enough to have me forever condemned as "drugadict")

funny, .... ?? ... actually I find it a bit funny

I found this place 3-4 months ago (while looking for info on growing the mushrooms myself)
I like this place ... just seeing that people all over the world have had somewhat of similar experiences

you know, I think "intelligence" is a misunderstood concept

I am from an "intelligent" family ... you know, they do well in school, they have cool jobs, they earn money, they all have great exams and fancy educations ... they are alle good at math and shit ... they knok all avout history, litterature and so on ....

but really, they are all just scared ... scared of the future, scared of sex, scared of God, scared of the muslims, scared og life, scared of death,

fear is what they are ... and what they made me .. brought me up to be...

I remember this ... fear all the time ... fear of school, of familiy, of traditions, of expectations of life and death

I think, intelligence = the ending of fear

intelligence = facing the world as it is .. stopping the eternal "running away" or "escaping" from life

I don?t remember any more, whether the mushrooms made me realize this, or whether it came from just thinking about it
Most likely a combination

My point :

I hold psychedelic drug-users in high regard

actually, the way things are, I hold everyone who dares do anything thats just remotely of the mtv-hollywod-mcdonalds-get-rich-culture in extremely hight regards

Edited by varthdader (08/23/05 04:29 AM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: holding psychedelic drug users in high regard? [Re: VarthDader]
    #4565892 - 08/22/05 05:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Buddha in the Abayah Mudra [Gesture of Fearlessness]. Psychedelics may bring teachings of 'alien' religions to one's consciousness, thereby expanding one's understanding that Truth is not the sole property of any one religion. I am a Jewish-Christian (Jewish by birth, Christian by choice) yet I owe a great deal to the greatest philosopher of the East. I wear Tibetan Buddhist jewelry, fly prayer flags between palm trees, and have Tibetan Buddhist art in the meditation room. It is no more 'alien' to my faith than Platonic philosophy is to Christianity. Christianity started as completely Jewish and was infused with Greek philosophy. Since salvation history continues, further hybridization makes complete sense to me.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4565897 - 08/22/05 06:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Or perhaps there's just one really intelligent member here diffusing all of his IQ points to the rest of the herd?

So... you have slipped and let the truth of yourself be known. But just remember I scored higher on the emotional part than you did.

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (08/22/05 06:03 AM)

OfflineColdNewWorld
LovePirateLostOnTheSea
    #4565978 - 08/22/05 08:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Many of them I do. However, there are still people who take these drugs just to get high, not for any constructive purpose. I think that while on them, they may become more worldy, open-minded, etc... but once they effect wears off they forget about it and go searching for their next chemical happiness/alteration.
So yea... I hold alot of you guys in high reguard, aswell as some people ive met too... but it does depend on the person.
Peace :smile:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: holding psychedelic drug users in high regard? [Re: ColdNewWorld]
    #4565983 - 08/22/05 08:40 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I hope I'm one of those you hold in high retard. :slider:

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4565985 - 08/22/05 08:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
i've to come hold psychedelic drug users in high regard as a subset of the population. there are times when i see so much intelligence and wisdom on this forum it amazes me. i post an another spirituality, religion and philosophy board but on a website that has no affilitation with drugs and the discusions and viewpoints here are far more advanced and original than virtually anything posted there. very few people demonstrate knowledge of the inner (experiential) spiritual path which transncends any specific teaching and so the discussions are usually limited to interpretations and opinions about specific doctrines and heated debates about whether God exists (not that there isn't any of that here but you get the idea).

anyway i wonder if it has more to with intelligent open minded people being more interested in participating in forums on websites relating to psychedelics or the affects of the drugs themselves. i'm sure its some combination of both but does anyone else hold psychedelic drug users in high regard or at least find their viewpoints far more insightful than those of the average person? i know if i have a non mainsteam viewpoint i wish to discuss i would be far more likely to come here with it than to a forum which doesn't consist of mostly drug users.

All the psychadelic users that I know are screw-ups, and got their brain fried by using all kinds of other things.
I've never met anyone that selects his drugs for some spirituality or whatever, they'll take anything you give them. Some ended up dead.

Using psychadelics does not guarantee anything.
Those people that get changed by psychadelics change by themselfs, the chemicals don't do it for them

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: holding psychedelic drug users in high regard? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4566008 - 08/22/05 08:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

All the psychadelic users that I know are screw-ups, and got their brain fried by using all kinds of other things.
I've never met anyone that selects his drugs for some spirituality or whatever, they'll take anything you give them. Some ended up dead.

Thanks a lot pal.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4566012 - 08/22/05 08:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I ment those who I know outside the internet  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4566016 - 08/22/05 09:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So you're saying we're either a special group, or a bunch of liars. :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4566078 - 08/22/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Same here. It's odd, isn't it, the most of the psychedelic users you meet in real life tend to be below the average intelligence, but online there's many extremely intelligent people?

Possibly because intelligent drug users are attracted online, where they find knowledge available like never before in earth's history. Just by typing in a few letters we can end up at Erowid to search mostly every known recreational (and some non-recreational) drug in existence, Wikipedia to browse hundreds of thousands of articles on all the subjects from quantum mechanics to philosophy to politics, and, of course, the Shroomery, which is where the knowledge you don't find elsewhere can be asked. The internet is a haven for a drug user trying to get their daily fix of knowledge.

Most psychedelic users could care less for it though; the intelligent psychedelic user seems to be the exception more than the rule, but when they are intelligent they seem to be extremely well-learned and philosophical.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4566154 - 08/22/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
So you're saying we're either a special group, or a bunch of liars. :grin:

I'm saying that only a handfull of psychadelic users found something good in it, the rest use it as any other drug.

I know a kid who used some wier psychadelic shit (it wasn't LSD or shrooms of course) for a long time, and it destroyed his brain, he couldn't even finish his highschool becuase of problems with memory, so he droped out (that doesn't happen much around here) and is now a thome with his father, and is a smalltime dealer, that's all he can do. His dad knows about it, and lets him because he can't anything else properly. He is 17 now I think.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4566196 - 08/22/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

a special bunch of liars

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4566900 - 08/22/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I have never met other psychedelic enthusiasts before coming online. I have known people who said that they have taken acid or shrooms, and they all talked a good game, but when push came to shove they were terrified by the limited experiences that they had. Most of these guys were just stoners burned out from dope or burned out and dying from meth. In the end I am the only psychedelic enthusiast that I know. I until recently assumed I was among the last of a dying breed...unless this is some kind of dinosaur graveyard.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: holding psychedelic drug users in high regard? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4566906 - 08/22/05 03:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Either way it's cool :cool: :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4566918 - 08/22/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Truth is though I know of a few on the Shamanic path. So as always, it is the few. As JC said, " many are called, but few are choosen" :mushroom2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom