Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Why are there practically no females in the politics forum?
    #4566090 - 08/22/05 09:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well...?

In the years that I have posted here I have never seen one consistent female poster.

Edited by RandalFlagg (08/22/05 09:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Why are there no females in the politics forum? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4566092 - 08/22/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

To be honest....I don't think I've ever met a female who takes politics very seriously. :wtf:

I'm sure there are some out there....but I haven't run into any.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Why are there no females in the politics forum? [Re: trendal]
    #4566103 - 08/22/05 09:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
To be honest....I don't think I've ever met a female who takes politics very seriously. :wtf:

Consider yourself lucky.  The ones I've met have usually been bat-shit crazy feminazis.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Why are there no females in the politics forum? [Re: trendal]
    #4566104 - 08/22/05 09:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Other than a few anomalies (Hillary Clinton, Pelosi, Feinstein, etc...), the only time I hear of women being anywhere near politics is when one of them gets caught fucking a male politician.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4566107 - 08/22/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Other than a few anomalies (Hillary Clinton, Pelosi, Feinstein, etc...), the only time I hear of women being anywhere near politics is when one of them gets caught fucking a male politician.

Women tend to be very active on both sides of the abortion debate.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Why are there no females in the politics forum? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4566109 - 08/22/05 09:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

trendal said:

Consider yourself lucky.  The ones I've met have usually been bat-shit crazy feminazis.

The evil patriarchal subjugation of womyn must be abolished!

Did you have to read that bullshit in college too?  Ugh...

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4566114 - 08/22/05 09:55 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

RandalFlagg said:

You have a point. And, we are getting a bit off-topic anyway. Why are females not present in this forum? Oh Shit! I forgot about Annapurna1! Ok....so we have one female poster. Why are there way more males than females in here I guess my thread should be called.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4566117 - 08/22/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

trendal said:

The evil patriarchal subjugation of womyn must be abolished!

Did you have to read that bullshit in college too?  Ugh...

No, I didn't have to read that bullshit, but there were a few such womyn in my sociology classes.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4566119 - 08/22/05 09:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

RandalFlagg said:

You have a point. And, we are getting a bit off-topic anyway. Why are females not present in this forum? Oh Shit! I forgot about Annapurna1! Ok....so we have one female poster. Why are there way more males than females in here I guess my thread should be called.

Because this forum is part of the Shroomery, and the Shroomery itself is a sausage fest.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4566130 - 08/22/05 10:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
there were a few such womyn in my sociology classes.

God, I hate bitches like that. They just need to get laid.

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Re: Why are there practically no females in the politics forum? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4566143 - 08/22/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

Why are there no females in the politics forum?

then he said:
Quote:

I hate bitches like that. They just need to get laid.

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Why are there practically no females in the politics forum? [Re: automan]
    #4566149 - 08/22/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

automan said:
RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

Why are there no females in the politics forum?

then he said:
Quote:

I hate bitches like that. They just need to get laid.

:dielaughing:

You just might have a point.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Why are there practically no females in the politics forum? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4566175 - 08/22/05 10:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Whurs tha kullerds?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinefrostynostrils
Human

Loc: Seattle
Re: Why are there practically no females in the politics forum? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4566218 - 08/22/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know, man. I know quite a few women active in politics. I am part of a political thread, linked off of www.rawstory.com and there's quite a few women, on both sides. (Sometimes you can't tell by their screen names though)
Plus, we've got plenty of women on here, like Desiree and HippieChick...

--------------------
"Smear the paint till the colors run,
It's nearly time, I'm nearly done
Flaming, orange, open sky!"
- Cherry Poppin' Daddies

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #4566364 - 08/22/05 12:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Oh Shit! I forgot about Annapurna1

Remembering the kind of abuse AnnaP used to get from various right-wingers it's probably not a forum women would enjoy posting in. I remember a couple of other women posters saying they stopped posting because there was such a poor atmosphere in the place.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4566480 - 08/22/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Because politics is dreadfully boring.

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#4566497 - 08/22/05 01:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i check the political forum quite often...though mostly lurking as you can see as i never post in here and this probably is the first post you guys have seen from me :smile:

i personally don't find politics boring...but then again, i don't have much to give input on due to the fact that most of the politics that's being talked about is US...and i'm not up to date with US politics so much.

as for other reasons...sometimes i feel i can't give any "intelligent" input on my side...that or people have already taken the words out of my mouth and have posted it.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4566585 - 08/22/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well Randall,

I am a female member who posts almost daily at the shroomery for a bit over a year now. I read here in PA&L almost daily, and keep my eye on global politics but am not as passionately involved as many are.

There may be times I might have something I would like to contribute here. I don't for two reasons. One is that, a predominant chauvinistic attitude is prevalent here. It even came out pretty strongly in this thread.

Why post if most of my contributions will not receive the same respect and considerations because of my biology alone?

I could create another user name and pose as a male to post here to remedy that.

I still choose not to because all I see is talk about what this leader and that leader should do. I don't see any doing or anything much being accomplished here. How many posts are about actual activism, people doing something more then flapping opinions to create positive change?

I thinks it's admiraable to be passionate for a cause. If I was passionate for a political cause, I would be spending my time and energy out their being active to create change and not on a message board.

I do care about the state of the world. Being a parent, I figure I can do a lot to raise awareness of global issues to my child and discuss them with her and help her to recognize the cause of problems and come up with solutions for them with her. We talk alot about prevention and about how she and her generation can make change.

I vote. I live as the change I wish to see. I could do more for the next election to support the Independant Party. I think I will be doing something more then just voting with the next election.

If you all haven't noticed, there is a lot of female bashing that goes on here and it's not very welcoming.

How many of you honestly respect the political views and opinions of women and want their contributions here?

I don't want to hear about how women are to emotional and can't handle debate. I've hung in strong at S&P for over a year now being the only consistent female poster amongst a bunch of men.

Why doesn't some one start an honest post about what your fears or concerns are concerning women in politics and maybe add some benefits you can consider.

I would be curious to understand them better and I think a lot of the female readers here would be.

Perhaps such a post could help to bridge some gaps and pull more women into discussions to further mutual understanding and eliminate some ignorance on both sides.

edit typos

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (08/22/05 01:54 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Why are there practically no females in the politics forum? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4566636 - 08/22/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Well Randall. I am a female member who post almost daily at the shroomery for a bit over a year now. I read here almost daily, and keep my eye on global politics but am not as passionately involved as many are.

That's cool.

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
There may be times I might have something I would like to contribute here. I don't for two reasons. One is that, a predominant chauvinistic attitude is prevalent here. It even came out pretty strongly in this thread.

If you all haven't noticed, there is a lot of female bashing that goes on here and it's not very welcoming.

I can't speak for the other male posters, but I tend to joke around a lot.  I enjoy making fun of other people and myself.  99.9% of my chauvinistic outbursts are meant in a joking manner, so don't take me too seriously.  I will admit that rabid feminists annoy the hell out of me though.

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Why most if my contributions will not receive the same respect and considerations because of my biology?

If you are rational and intelligent, you will receive the same respect as any male that is here.

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
How many posts are about actual activism, people doing something more then flapping opinions to create positive change?

Very few.  Most of us are political theorists and political complainers.

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I thinks it's admiral to be passionate for a cause. if I was passionate for a political cause, I would be spending my time and energy out their being active to create change and not on a message board.

I have grown too cynical to attempt to change anything.  I think it is preferrable to slink in the shadows as opposed to calling attention to yourself.

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
How many of you honestly respect the political views and opinions of women and want their contributions here?

It matters how cute they are.  :lol:  See...I'm just kidding. I don't care if a person is male, female, black, white, Asian, etc..  If you have a brain I will listen to you.

I look forward to your future posts...baby.

*RandalFlagg slaps gettingjiggywithit on the ass*

:smirk:

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4566711 - 08/22/05 02:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Politikin ain't fer the wimmen-folk.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder