Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Down the Street
Everybody elses opinion?
    #456603 - 11/13/01 12:36 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, just wanted to ask about everybody else's opinion on this.... I recently experimented with a casing mix. I used jiffy mix with a little perlite (to help keep it from being all matted, as jiffy mix tends to do), calcium, and I added in a little whole wheat flour just to put some nutrient in there and see how it does. I know that upped my contam risk a good amount... Anyway, my setup has real good air exchange and I have peroxide in with my water so it keeps contams out pretty well. I've been keeping a close watch on the casings... this morning I got up and there was a little bit of green mold starting to show up on parts of the casing that hadn't been colonized yet... I got a spoon and some rubbing alcohol, rinsed the spoon off with the alcohol and scooped out the sections that had the green mold (Just a few sections) and then sprayed some dilluted peroxide on the casing... Checked on them a few minutes ago (midnight) and about 95% of the casing is now colonized and there's no sign of the green mold.... think I saved my babies? heh. Just wanted an opinion, I've saved cakes before... I know there's risks in the mycelium carrying the bacteria to other parts of the network, but in this case there was very little mold to begin with ( a couple areas a little larger than a BB). Anyway, I'm about to go to bed... just wanted some opinions :)

Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Everybody elses opinion? [Re: DarK_SavioR]
    #456773 - 11/13/01 09:01 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You may get fruit from these casings, but chances are the greenery will return.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum