Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBlackhart
DwnWthVwls
 User Gallery

Loc: Marmalade Sky
Overlay question
    #4565002 - 08/22/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have had some "Alacbenzi" myc cased since Aug 15th. I have about 1/2" of of 50/50 Coir/verm. after about 3 days it started to show through in spots. I didn't patch 'cuz I'm not sure exactly what that entails. Today about 75% of the top of the casing layer was colonized.I was getting worried this was becoming overlay. I made some more casing mix and LIGHTLY spread it around like I was just dusting it. The myc was quite fluffy looking. they're in a tupperware tub,rh=92%,temp=77,Fanning several times a day and lightly misting after that.
Should the dusting of casing mix help? this is my first time.I'm either going to get more shrooms than I've ever seen in one place or I'm gonna crawl in there with them and die like a man!

--------------------
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men...GO GO GODZILLA!

You've begun to matter more than the things you say- JesusChristSuperstar

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekingfish4200
shroom diddy

Re: Overlay question [Re: Blackhart]
    #4565505 - 08/22/05 02:52 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

patching is just taking some sterilized casing and covering the thick parts of mycelium so that it will colonize evenly

--------------------
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Overlay question [Re: Blackhart]
    #4565872 - 08/22/05 07:21 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

No need to make the patch layers thinner just make them regular casing layer depth.

If your casing is colonizing instead of pinning, you are most likely not getting enough fresh air, I would look into double/ single tub or coolmist.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Overlay question [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4567216 - 08/22/05 06:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

You did fine lightly covering the whole damn thing, now you know the myc is just below the surface. Read my pinning strategy get that casing layer wet as in "near saturation" and fruit immediately, that entails temp drop, light and plenty of fresh air exchanges with a light misting afterwards like your doing already. FYI guys patching is only keeping the myc from prematurely pinning you don't want the myc wasting valuable energy running/colonizing a thick casing layer a second time. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation