Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
huh? what KIND of mold.. just like shrooms aren't just shrooms mold isn't just mold. As far as I know some mold can be toxic, so the end result can be very bad indeed. Of course I guess we have more to worry about from bacteria and slimes... Well I ate some infected shrooms once but I was 99% sure it was penicillium so yeah, everything turned out fine for me...
-------------------- I'm one of those hugging crazies, as opposed to the stabbin' crazies
Worst case scenario is you end up with a systemic mycosis in which the mold ends up colonizing YOU and your cake. Obviously, this isn't going to happen to everyone who eats contaminated mushrooms, but why gamble?