Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJayBin
journeyman
Growing Help.. Presure Cooker..
    #455980 - 11/12/01 12:43 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I am using the MMGG method. Can i use a pessure cooker instead of boiliing. If so how long do i put it in there and how much PSI???? What does contamination look like???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerajisus228
Loc: Jerzee
Re: Growing Help.. Presure Cooker.. [Re: JayBin]
    #455985 - 11/12/01 12:47 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

many people say pressure cooker is even better than boiling. i've heard of people using 15 PSI. as far as MMGG, i would suggest PF tek, which is very similar, but there's less room for mistakes. check it out on www.lilshopofspores.com. contamination can look like a lot of colors. basically, if you see anything other than white, it's not good. have you ordered spores yet?

--------------------
* of course, this is all jus hypothetical :smile: *

Offlinecrispyburrito

#455987 - 11/12/01 12:49 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Afoaf , uses a pressure cooker with the pf , he does 45 minuts at 15 /psi . He uses a presto 8 quart holds about 10 1/2 pint's .

--------------------
This statment or question is fictional and for fun not to be used in real life. Just a hypothetical situation..

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Growing Help.. Presure Cooker.. [Re: crispyburrito]
    #455990 - 11/12/01 12:52 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

You'll only need 20min. at 15PSI.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlinerajisus228
Loc: Jerzee
Re: Growing Help.. Presure Cooker.. [Re: crispyburrito]
    #455993 - 11/12/01 12:54 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

in mah dream i boiled instead of pressure cooker. iit was less of a pain in the ass cuz i didn't have the time to go and get a pressure cooker. i boiled for about an hour then let it cool over night, sealed overcourse. what a great dream it was.

--------------------
* of course, this is all jus hypothetical :smile: *

OfflineNewbieShroomer

Loc: San Diego California Baby...
Re: Growing Help.. Presure Cooker.. [Re: rajisus228]
    #456066 - 11/12/01 01:59 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

The difference between a pressure cooker and a pan full of water is with a P.C. YOU KNOW that at 15 psi for an hour EVERYTHING that was alive in that cooker, should now be dead.
With the pf tek using brf and verm you should be just fine
with an open pot... BUT if you switch to grains, from what I hear tell... YOU NEED a p.c. because thats the only way you can be sure to get all of the bad little organisms that hide in the seed to die... I myself have a p.c. without the jiggly thing on the top, so i use a shot glass to fix it.
Works great. When you have or actually deal with a p.c. you will realize how and why it works..... A little hint. Pressure. :0)

Good luck doooood~!

--------------------
If things get any worse, I'll have to ask you to stop helping me.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
http://www.Mycotopia.net

OfflineJayBin
journeyman
Re: Growing Help.. Presure Cooker.. [Re: NewbieShroomer]
    #456148 - 11/12/01 03:39 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Should I move to the PF tek if i use a pessure cooker???

OfflineNewbieShroomer

Loc: San Diego California Baby...
    #456165 - 11/12/01 03:55 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I would probably stick with the mmgg if I were you...

It is basically the pf tek with some updating.
Remember, the last update on the pf tek was years ago....

The MMGG hasn't been updated in awhile either, but it is far newer than the pf tek. My suggestion to you would be, if you have a pressure cooker available. USE IT. Just substitute it for a pot of boiling water if thats what the MMGG calls for. You don't need to switch teks, just substitute the P.C.

:)

And, knowing that you used the pc, you will feel much better about sterility issues after the fact. IMHO, if you properly sterilize using a cooker, later if you have contams, you can
safely strike your jar sterilization from suspects. I wouldn't trust boiling myself, though many people say that it works %100 and I have heard people complain that boiling is good for %100 contams.... Depends on who you ask :)

Good luck!!

--------------------
If things get any worse, I'll have to ask you to stop helping me.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
http://www.Mycotopia.net

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Growing Help.. Presure Cooker.. [Re: NewbieShroomer]
    #456179 - 11/12/01 04:14 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

>The MMGG hasn't been updated in awhile either, but it is far newer than the pf tek.

This is not true.
PF tek was updated a few times in the last years(when needed, there isn?t that much to update), also there are many aditions to it on the PF site www.fanaticus.com.

OfflineNugDumper
Member of theThird Eye Club

Re: Growing Help.. Presure Cooker.. [Re: Anno]
    #456204 - 11/12/01 04:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Newbie Shroomer... anyone worth their weight in fungus knows better than to reccomend the MMGG over the standard PF tek. The MMGG is a cheap imitation... while the PF tek is backed by a man with years of experience, and a proven method that will work every time when done correctly. Not that either of these systems is advanced cultivation, but the PF is a better starting place for newbs.

Rules to remember:
1. You can do the PF tek(www.fanaticus.com) with either a pressure cooker or steaming with boiling water.
2. A pressure cooker will always be more efficient in sterilization, the pot of boiling water is a less efficient alternative to pressure cooking.
3. I would say anyone who has never cultivated should do alot of hours of reading and researching before starting, know exactly what you have to do, and follow the PF method EXACTLY. I get tired of people saying they didn't use the verm seal, or opned their jars for the fuck of it, and then they come here wondering why they don't "have any shrooms dude"

--------------------
All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me... -Shannon Hoon

Racism is schism on a serious tip! -Bradley Nowell

OfflineYabadog
    #456286 - 11/12/01 06:10 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

definately go with PF TEK. Good Luck.

OfflineJayBin
journeyman
Re: Growing Help.. Presure Cooker.. [Re: Yabadog]
    #456411 - 11/12/01 07:41 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well i would use the PF tek. But i baught brown rice flour. The pf tek uses brown rice POWDER. Is there any differences?? And the PF tek seems more complicated than MMGG

Anonymous

#456450 - 11/12/01 08:14 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

come on, powder and flour, think about it man :) same difference! now, was it organic? if not, it might have fungasides on it, in which case, well, you might have some problems, go with the pftek, how many people gotta tell ya that? :)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract