Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Is the equipment I got ok?
    #4563575 - 08/21/05 05:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I went to wal-mart for jar shopping and didn't like their pint jars because they had too small of a top so i got a dozen 1/2 pint with large mouths. Are 1/2 ok to use?
Also I wen looking for VERMICULITE but Home Depot didn't have it so I got some Perlite which looks like the same thing. It's very light weight and says on the front it helps to prevent soil compaction in containers,improves drainage and aeration that promotes strong root development in containers. It is also Sterile!

Do you guys think it is OK? Will work?
Lastly I just ordered spores from www.earthstongue.com does anyone know if this is a reputable site for spores? I decided on Psilocybe Cubensis: Treasure Coast,$ 20 bucks after everything for 20cc's.

I liked their description the best. Has anyone tried these strain?

Description : They are very pretty and it is one of the strains with the largest amount of flushes one after another including from simple 1/2 pint cakes. Their temperature and humidity range is wide making this strain easy to cultivate and care for. Very tough and prolific, pining is almost automatic.

I appreciate all help this is my first time!! very excited!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespaceman
mushroom head
 User Gallery

Re: Is the equipment I got ok? [Re: WhiteBunny]
    #4563608 - 08/21/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Half pints are good for PF tek and I have seen some LCs grown in them. What are they for?  Also perlite is no substitute for vermiculite. Use perlite in your fruiting chamber because it releases humidity into the air. You would be able to find vem. in any garden center. Just look in the yellow pages and call and ask if they carry it.  :rolleyes:

My advice is to read the teks several times. follow the tek and do a lot of searches. I know all of the searches that I have done have pulled up way too many threads for me to use. Thats ok It might come in useful down the road. Good luck to you. I am new here too. Welcome to the shroomery! :thumbup:

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
    #4563660 - 08/21/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

preston10260 said:
Also I wen looking for VERMICULITE but Home Depot didn't have it so I got some Perlite which looks like the same thing. It's very light weight and says on the front it helps to prevent soil compaction in containers,improves drainage and aeration that promotes strong root development in containers.

first off you need to really do some more reading... verm is NOT EVEN CLOSE to the same as perlite. perlite is used for aeration and verm is used to hole moisture.

before you start buying up all these things... do some research and read read read!!

what kind of tek are you attempting anyways?

and if you are looking for reputable vendors, check out our sponsors!!

--------------------

OfflineWhiteBunny
 User Gallery

Re: Is the equipment I got ok? [Re: theBRINK]
    #4563917 - 08/21/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well, I dont know what type of tek I am going to use, that was the next question I was going to ask. Which works best for beginners, keep in mind I don't have a pressure cooker and want to do it as cheap as possible. (college student)

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4563930 - 08/21/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

preston10260 said:
Also I wen looking for VERMICULITE but Home Depot didn't have it so I got some Perlite which looks like the same thing.

it's a completely different product with similar apps in plants but different
for mushrooms, keep it you'll probably need it later though

Quote:

Lastly I just ordered spores from www.earthstongue.com does anyone know if this is a reputable site for spores?

I hope you getyour product from them there have been a lot of people that havent

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4563936 - 08/21/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

preston10260 said:
well, I dont know what type of tek I am going to use Which works best for beginners

start with the PF TEK

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23588

OfflineWhiteBunny
 User Gallery

Re: Is the equipment I got ok? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4563983 - 08/21/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ok I am going to follow the PF-Tek for simple minds guild. Since I don't have a pressure cooker do I let the jars touch the bottom of the pot when steaming? Do I need to steam with Distilled water?

--------------------

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
    #4563998 - 08/21/05 07:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

man, for real... stop asking these questions and just take some time and READ!! they have all been answered in many places already... start with the FAQ for beginners first

--------------------

OfflinePsychosMind
One of thosefriendly crazies

Loc: Can't guess from the whit...
    #4564511 - 08/21/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

preston10260 said:
ok I am going to follow the PF-Tek for simple minds guild. Since I don't have a pressure cooker do I let the jars touch the bottom of the pot when steaming? Do I need to steam with Distilled water?

I figured I'd answer this last question... before I had a pressure cooker I would get a big metal pot and then there was this metal caulinder that fit into it, I filled the pot up with water till the water was coming through the caulinder then put my jars in the caulinder, it stopped them from burning and I never got contams. Dunno if that helps you but it was my fave way to steam.

--------------------
I'm one of those hugging crazies, as opposed to the stabbin' crazies

OfflineWhiteBunny
 User Gallery

Re: Is the equipment I got ok? [Re: PsychosMind]
    #4564772 - 08/21/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

thank you very much PsychosMind

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules