Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Fresh Weight recommendations
    #4563816 - 08/21/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I'll just give a bit of backstory here before the actual question; Recently, a friend and I plucked our first fruit. Our flush came out to weighing close to 2 ounces. However, we have gotten into a bit of a problem. We picked them about a week ago and have kept them in a cold dark place for the duration. However, we have recently taken them out(for the past 2 days) and they appear fine; I see no mold or anything. So, Im pretty sure they are still quite alright.
My friend, due to unpredictable circumstances, has to leave back up north before we can eat them. However, he has left them to me. He says that we will just do the next flush together, so whatever. This kind of leaves me in a situation. Tonight is my last night that Id be able to eat them for the next week or so and I can't store them at my house(still live with my parents).
So, this means, that I pretty much have to eat them tonight or hope they last for the rest of the week(which is a risk I dont know that Im willing to take)and hide them(which, i feel, would be irresponsible).

So, my question is, how much is a good fresh weight dose? Is there any accurate(or even close) way to convert what fresh weight would roughly come out to in dry weight?
If not, what are your experiences and recommendations with fresh weight? I typically eat 3.5 grams as a standard dry dose. Usually average quality shrooms and it provides a pretty pleasant trip. I have, at most, taken 5.2 grams(twice) and handled it fairly well.
I am fine with not eating the whole 2 ounces. I have a friend who is willing to buy a smaller dose...so I can do that with the left overs.

So, for two people, what is a good fresh dose(weight)?

Replies within the next 4 hours would be optimal, thanks.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: Fresh Weight recommendations [Re: Veter]
    #4563894 - 08/21/05 06:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Fresh Weight recommendations [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4564445 - 08/21/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah the calculator works well or u can simply consider that shrooms are 90% water.. so subtract 90% of the mass... later man

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Fresh Weight recommendations [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #4564584 - 08/21/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just to put what perfectlydefectd said in different words that I find are easier to understand (even though they moan the same thing):

Your mushrooms dry to about 10% of the weight, so 1/10th of the wet weight is about what it would be in dry dosage. This is Approximate though as obviously not all mushrooms are exactly 90% water, but it works well for me.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale