Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: lostinthestarzzz]
    #4564404 - 08/21/05 10:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

America, fuck ya!

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: SerioOria]
    #4564418 - 08/21/05 10:47 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

cops are just assholes period!!!! just from personal experience, they try and intimidate you to get what they want from you.
I can't stand thier personalities either, they think they are better then anyone because they have a gun and a badge..

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4564427 - 08/21/05 10:49 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Wow this amazes me! Even after living in Utah for three years and knowing how ridiculous the religous zealots of that state can be!! I am so pissed off right now just from reading that thread at the UTrave message board and watching that footage! My god! I say we remove Utah from the USA... I know i wouldnt miss that hell hole... didnt people come to america to be free from religious persecution? Looks like that backfired as the religious are now persecuting the normal people! Stupid zealots need to learn to live and let live... Wow I am so pissed off by this I cant beleive it.

In other news I was in Laguna Beach for the weekend and I smelt Marijuana burning three times when i was just walkin down the street looking at those art stores, and once when i was just chilling in my hotel room one night with my balcony door open. (and no i wasnt smoking it at any of these times that i smelt it :smile:

At least California seems to have some hope!

I wish good luck to the people hurt by the police, and lawyers helping with lawsuits against the responsible parties.

I sure hope this story gets the proper media coverage, tho i highly doubt it will, it should be fucking front page news across the country. Im so glad that video got out, that video is priceless.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: Druginduced]
    #4564485 - 08/21/05 10:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yes this state is fucked up all right! I have been saying it since I joined this site! one of my other friends want to move down with his buddies in Louisiana, I want to move soemwhere in the PNW....shit anywhere is better then here...I was reading more about it, they didnt need to get that brutal...god just the stupids shit you cant get away with here, I really want to save my money and move the fuck out now..cant do shit in this state at all without someone trying to bust your ass, or cause all kinds of problems..this is very sad..

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: Skunk420]
    #4564892 - 08/22/05 12:10 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

i want to see these people tried for their actions, and i want to see the media all over it.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4564949 - 08/22/05 12:26 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I do too, but who knows what will happen..they need to keep the rave scene underground, this is a obvious reason..I havent been to one in almost 9 years, and the last one I got thier late with friends and didn't have money for any L...back then it was mostly LSD and Extacy was around but it was expensive $25 a tablet..
it was way undergound back then, it needs to be that way anyway,,

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4565020 - 08/22/05 12:46 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

k

I'm sure someone will get right on that!

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4565187 - 08/22/05 01:30 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

How many people have to experience and witness these kinds of events before it registers in the heads of Americans that WE ARE A POLICE STATE, WE HAVE NO RIGHTS, and THIS IS NOT A FREE NATION.

this is just messed up if even 25% of it is true, and it likely is, those people are bound to be more credible than the law enforcement agencies themselves.

if anyone sees this on national news, let us know.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (08/22/05 01:31 AM)

Invisibleadrug

Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: leery11]
    #4565214 - 08/22/05 01:35 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Not national, but its news.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=96651

Quote:

Police Crash Big Rave Party
August 21st, 2005 @ 5:18pm

(KSL News) -- In Utah County police raided what they're calling a 'Rave' party in Spanish Fork last night.

Police say 250 people were at the party during the raid and that several thousand more had bought tickets. During the raid police seized weapons and drugs, including marijuana, ecstasy, psychadelic mushrooms, cocaine and alcohol.

Officers received a tip the party was to take place last night In the Diamond Fork area of Spanish Fork canyon. Surveillance video shows the party was to take place on both public and private land.

James Tracey, Utah County Sheriff: "There were multiple felony arrests in this event. Also, the land owners were charged with operating an illegal activity without a permit."

Police also confiscated counterfeit currency at the event and encountered a 17-year old who had overdosed on ecstasy.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4565236 - 08/22/05 01:42 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

From that thread:

Last night, I was booked to play an event about an hour outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. The hype behind this show was huge, they presold 700 tickets and they expected up to 3, 000 people total. The promoters did an amazing job with the show.. they even made slipmats with the flyers on them to promote in local shops.

So, we got to the show around 11:15 or so and it was really cool. It was all outdoors, in a valley surrounded by huge mountains. They had an amazing light show flashing on to a mountain behind the site, the sound was booming, the crowd was about 1500 people thick and everything just seemed too good to be true really. Well...

At about 11:30 or so, I was standing behind the stage talking with someone when I noticed a helicopter pulling over one of the mountain tops. I jokingly said "Oh look, here comes big brother" to the person I was with. I wasn't far off.

The helicopter dipped lower and lower and started shining its lights on the crowd. I was kind of in awe and just sat and watched this thing circle us for a minute. As I looked back towards the crowd I saw a guy dressed in camoflauge walking by, toting an assault rifle. At this point, everyone was fully aware of what was going on . A few "troops" rushed the stage and cut the sound off and started yelling that everyone "get the fuck out of here or go to jail". This is where it got really sticky.

No one resisted. That's for sure. They had police dogs raiding the crowd of people and I saw a dog signal out a guy who obviously had some drugs on him. The soldiers attacked the guy (4 of them on 1), and kicked him a few times in the ribs and had their knees in his back and sides. As they were cuffing him, there was about 1000 kids trying to leave in the backdrop, peacefully. Next thing I know, A can of fucking TEAR GAS is launched into the crowd. People are running and screaming at this point. Girls are crying, guys are cussing... bad scene.

Now, this is all I saw with my own eyes, but I heard plenty of other accounts of the night. Now this isnt gossip I heard from some candy raver, these are instances cited straight out of the promoters mouth..

- One of the promoters friends (a very small female) was attacked by one of the police dogs. As she struggled to get away from it, the police tackled her. 3 grown men proceeded to KICK HER IN THE STOMACH.

- The police confiscated 3 video tapes in total. People were trying to document what was happening out there. The police saw one guy filming and ran after him, tackled him and his camera fell, and luckily.. his friend grabbed it and ran and got away. priceless footage. That's not all though. Out of 1, 500 people, there's sure to be more footage.

- The police were rounding up the staff of the party and the main promoter went up to them with the permit for the show and said "here, I have the permit." The police then said, "no you don't" and ripped the permit out of his hand. Then, they put an assault rifle to his forehead and said "get the fuck out of here right now."

Now.. let's get the facts straight here.

This event was 100% legal. They had every permit the city told them they needed. They had a 2 MILLION DOLLAR insurance policy for the event. They had liscenced security guards at the gates confiscating any alcohol or drugs found upon entry (yes, they searched every car on the way in). Oh, I suppose I should mention that they arrested all the security guards for possession.

Oh another interesting fact.. the police did not have a warrant. The owner of the land already has a lawsuit against the city for something similar. A few months ago, she rented her land for a party and the police raided that as well. And catch this, the police forced her to LEAVE HER OWN PERSONAL PROPERTY. That's right. They didnt arrest her, but made her leave her own property!!!

Don't get it twisted, this is all going down in probably THE most conservative state in the USA. And this is scary.. a gross violation of our civil liberties. The police wanted this party shut down, so they made it happen. Even though everything about this event was legal. The promoters spent over $ 20, 000 on this show and did everything they had to to make it legit, only to have it taken away from them by a group of radical neo-con's with an agenda.

This was one of the scariest things I have ever witnessed in person. I can't even begin to describe how surreal it was. Helicopters, assault rifles, tear gas, camoflauge-wearing soldiers.... why? Was that really necessary?

This needs to be big news across the USofA. At least in our music scene (edm as a whole)... this could happen to any of us at any time. When we're losing the right to gather peacefully, we're also letting the police set a standard of what we can get away with. And I think that's BULLSHIT!

The system fucked up last night... They broke up a party that was 100% legal and they physically hurt a lot of people there at the same time. The promoters already have 6 lawsuits ready to file with their lawyers and the ACLU is already involved.

I'm sure some pictures (and hopefully some video) will surface soon. I'll make sure to post them up here on 404, so you can see the Police State of America at work.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: adrug]
    #4565271 - 08/22/05 01:48 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I didnt watch the local news, that is why it got busted...the shit needs to be underground...but I never knew they did raves that far down south here in Utah, Underground is the key! fucking Utah ruins it for the rave scene! see this shit goes on here in Utah all the time, ..no this is a big religous state, this state has just as much or more of a drug scene then anywhere in the USA right now, drugs are so easy to score, connects come to me without looking for them..and I live way further north of salt lake, in the (more of)mormon territory...of course ther was no LSD because if it is around people would not tell you about it..
I will never attend a rave anywhere because of this bullshit, this is getting too much attention as it is... but it is Utah for ya..it does not surprize ne a bit...in Utah county...oh shit, yea that is extreme mormon territory there, ....bust all of them yeaa...sounds like Utah big time, mormons running the state........typical bullshit in Utah X10 ..but too common, it is just on the news, stupid shit like this goes on in Utah all the time.. :rolleyes:

Edited by skunk78395 (08/22/05 01:56 AM)

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
    #4565294 - 08/22/05 01:53 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

wow i thought it was only my area thats turned into a police state... and fuck the 'news', that shit is BS. i want to hear firsthand accounts.

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: Skunk420]
    #4565295 - 08/22/05 01:53 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

"operating an illegal activity without a permit."

shit i better get me one of them permits

Offlinejohahnchristo
breaktech beatengineer

#4565326 - 08/22/05 02:00 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

That sucks.... Does anyone know the promoter? Did he have permits...was there fair warning to the promoter/doomen to allow for evacuation before swat(looks more like national guard than swat) came in..? We throw outdoor parties all the time and never let this happen. Usually someone comes to the doorman and says that they are going to shut down the party either because someone was busted just outside of the party, thus invoking the amber alert law, or that the promoter didn't have proper permits, and if we don't leave then they come in and start shit with us, but I haven't seen a part shut down with brute force like this since 2000(Sunshine for those who wer around in pnw) when that stupid chick got so high she drank printer toner.!?? Anyway what I am trying to say is that there are ways not to get busted, and ways to stal police untill you can evscuate the party before it escalates to this extreme, even if it is an illegal event.
1 do not operate an illegal even on Private property!
2 Get your flippin permits at least 4-6 months in advance!
3 Go talk to the county officials and clear it up first so they know what is going on
4 Make sure these words are on your fliers"Please do not bring drugs alchahol, weapons, or any contraban to this event or it will be relived form you before you enter"
5 Have experienced doormen that have dealt with the police beforehand in a similar fasion.
6 Don't throw a party in a state run by mormons!!!!!!!(sorry, but I am somewhat mormon so I can make fun on them)
7 Get Permits!!!!!!!!!!
8 Get permits!!!!!!

--------------------
Shows I will be spinning at
Where Life Begins-Aug. 27th
Epidural Sept 2nd/5th
Enchanted Remixed sept 15/16th(for those who missed the first)

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4565433 - 08/22/05 02:31 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

in that area of utah is the most highly populated mormon percentage territory..so they watch anything and everything going on in that county..if it was Salt Lake county, I doubt it would have even happpend,,,Salt lake is the oppisite of the Provo area..
SLC utah is more LAX and the party scene is more accepted there then then futher down south...Utah is a trip eh?...whats up doc??

Edited by skunk78395 (08/22/05 02:33 AM)

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: theuser]
    #4565552 - 08/22/05 03:12 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

poppyguy said:
I know I live in Utah and went to this rave. It was my 1st rave and it sucked ass, scored a lot of shrooms though. :smile:

Cops just sent me home never searched me, THANK GOD.

..oh you were there? damn, it was all about lsd in the 90's...I never seen shrooms at any of them, free weed everywhere...even on the sink counters in the restrooms..I went in there to smoke some weed to kick in the lsd..and I seen weed all over..I didnt care I had my own weed anyway..

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: johahnchristo]
    #4565881 - 08/22/05 07:32 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

johahnchristo said:
looks more like national guard than swat

havent you noticed the militarization of the police forces in the US, something I've been warning about for years

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4566047 - 08/22/05 11:20 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I can imagine the guy going off to piss in the woods, tripping on acid or shrooms or something, and seeing guys in camo with big guns coming out of the trees all around him.

That must have been one hell of a mindfuck for that poor bastard

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: Jadian]
    #4566054 - 08/22/05 11:24 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I've dealt with agitated cops while trippin once, they were about to shoot my
friends pit bull and we were tresspassing and ran, came back for the dog.
it wasnt that unpleasant of an experience since I knew they were gonna take
me to jail... all they ended up doing was giving us a light show and a ticket
for a leash law violation

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Utah rave illegally shut down by swat! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4566065 - 08/22/05 11:29 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

That video was some crazy stuff!

They had on the camo and everything... wow.

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles