Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblepurity

User Gallery

Loc: Flag
--- Q's for those with a fair knowledge of opium poppies
    #4563849 - 08/21/05 08:29 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i figured there would be more users in this forum more specifically informed on this subject that in ODD, so i decided to ask here first.

1.  I get what seem to be giganthemum variety dried pods from my supplier. the smaller pods are cheapest and the larger are a bit pricier. i was curious if the larger pods would contain more alkaloids per weight; i.e. would 15 grams of large pods be more potent than 15 grams of the smaller pods?
    i know with mushroom potencies, the smaller ones and pins seem to contain more psilo per weight; could this be the same with the poppy pods? (i know potencies can vary from batch to batch, but these are always Gigs and have proven to be fairly consistent in potencies)

2.  Ive been advised in a post that the first 4 or so inches of the stems contain 1/3 or so the 'loids of the pod. is this per weight (15 grams of stems would be 1/3 or so the potency of 15 grams of pods), or is it by numer (8 long stems would be 1/3 or so the potency of 8 pods)? i would assume it would be by weight, but if figured i'de inquire just in case.

3.  While making tea, i currently strain the pod-powder/hotwater sludge through a small wire mesh strainer, pressing the liquid through using the back of a spoon and my thumb. this is not only tedious (i have to make sure i get ALL the liquid out of the sludge), but has also resulted in blisters on my thumbs, and several broken strainers through very forceful pressing. back when the poppies.org forums were kicking, i remember someone mentioning an apparatus which greatly simplified this process; what was it? how does it work? and are there any local appliance stores that may have it in stock?

sorry for the multiple questions, but i am sure someone in this forum topic knows.

Thank you very much for any help you could provide and happy noddin' :drinkcoffee: :grin: :drooling:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezer0vega
stealing happyhours

Loc: In a van down by the rive...
Re: --- Q's for those with a fair knowledge of opium poppies [Re: purity]
    #4563891 - 08/21/05 08:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

1. size doesn't really indicate potency from what I hear, depends more on growing conditions.

2. From the same batch, I would assume that would be true

3. I use 2 strainers on top of each other to press the juice out; if not that, I just use my hands to squeeze it all out. If you're breaking strainers then you're trying way too hard. Also, are you thinking of a french press?

Invisiblepurity

User Gallery

Re: --- Q's for those with a fair knowledge of opium poppies [Re: zer0vega]
    #4563947 - 08/21/05 09:01 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

for question 2, i was moreso asking if the 1/3 potency of stems was per weight or per pods; ie. would 3 stems have 1/3 potency of 3 pods OR would i have to use x grams of stems egaul to the weight(x) of the three pods to get the 1/3 potency of the 3 pods?

and for q3; yeah french press, do you know how they work? or should i just do a search on it?

OfflineDeQuincy
Paddo hunter

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4565811 - 08/22/05 05:34 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

1) Like zer0 said, it is growing conditions (nutrition, soil, sunshine and most important: no rain after blooming) and these are out of our control. No way to know... But good reports on the very big, Gigantenum type are rare. Better go for the smaller ones.

2) It is like you said by weight. Pods can contain up to 1% alkaloids (to 3% for No 1 Tasmanians) while stems would have a maximum of 0.3 %, with the best part near the pod. So don't throw way your stems.

3) A french press works well. It is like a glass cylinder with a strainer which you can push down trough the tube, so the mush is on the bottom and your tea is above the filter/strainer
Have you considered to eat you grinds raw? As it is more efficient way to consume, no waste. Just mix with any fruit juice (grape fruit maybe) and swallow. It doesn't taste half as bad as tea! More bang for your buck also. And it will last longer than tea, it is a sort of continuous release version, (PoppyContin?). Make sure your grind are as fine as possible.
Important: Discard any moldy or soft pods. Do this with more vigor as you would do with tea-grinds. One can get very, very sick after eating those funky pods...

Hope this helps,

--------------------
there's no vestige of a beginning no prospect of an end
(hutton)
if you came to conquer, you'll be king for a day, but you too will deteriorate and quickly fade away...
you have NO CONTROL
(bad religion)

Invisiblepurity

User Gallery

Re: --- Q's for those with a fair knowledge of opium poppies [Re: DeQuincy]
    #4566346 - 08/22/05 01:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

dequincy, never thought of that, ill be giving it a try todizzay.

thanks for teh help!

Invisiblepurity

User Gallery

#4566450 - 08/22/05 02:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

will all that dried plant matter give me a little more nausea? should i remove the seeds (ive read they contain cadmium which is sposed to fuck the liver or kidneys or somethings? also, would it be possible to maybe cap the dried grounds in say 15 or so 000 gelcaps and just eat them?

OfflineDeQuincy
Paddo hunter

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4573908 - 08/24/05 06:01 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

1) Grinds used to give me less nausea than tea, mostly due to the foul taste of tea.
2) Yes, remove the seeds. The can be roasted and added to rice etc for a great nutty flavour. Or, better, use to sow and grow.
3) Yes, SWIM bought a Cap-n-Quick filler set for this purpose. About 350 mg per 00 cap. So 10 caps were about a dose. At the moment it is to much hassle to fill the buggers. A spoon full in the mouth, some juice, swirl with tongue and swallow. Easy.

But watch that monkey! Be safe,

--------------------
there's no vestige of a beginning no prospect of an end
(hutton)
if you came to conquer, you'll be king for a day, but you too will deteriorate and quickly fade away...
you have NO CONTROL
(bad religion)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden