Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Tie Dye

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
High Schools of the Police State
    #4563661 - 08/21/05 07:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

At my old high school they are now drug-testing students for any "extra-curricular" activity...
Chorus, orchestra, sports... anything.
If you fail a test, you're done with that activity.
At first they used the news-worthy "Steroids Issue" to back their Police State intentions, but it's predictably grown to encompass ALL drugs, including the HIGHLY dangerous marijuana. :rolleyes:
Looks like the perpetual War on Drugs is reaching new heights. :sherm:
Schools across the country are drug-testing their students in an effort to control consciousness.

I say to you...
What does what one chooses to put in one's body have to do with performance capacity?
(excluding the oh-so-important-and-newsworthy Steroids Issue, of course..)
If an athlete or musician chooses to get high outside of school, yet still performs the same within it, how does that justify banning them from activities based on what they choose to put in their bodies?  :confused:

...Good thing LSD is relatively undetectable. :tripping:

Fuck you, Big Brother...

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: High Schools of the Police State [Re: Adamist]
    #4563696 - 08/21/05 07:45 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

AdamIsHere said:
What does what one chooses to put in one's body have to do with performance capacity?

I ran track on acid, my time for the mile was 4.06.37, the best time I'd ever had
while I was stoned I could make a 15km run with little effort and still out pace
my competition, do I advocate the testing, certainly not

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: High Schools of the Police State [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4564032 - 08/21/05 09:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

You ran a 4:06???????? Holy shit!!!!!

--------------------

OfflineSweetLeaf
"33"
 User Gallery

Loc: wa
Re: High Schools of the Police State [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4564448 - 08/21/05 10:52 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I played highschool basketball for nearly 2 seasons when they decided testing would start. They found bud in my system, and dispite being a near straight A student, and one of the better players on my team, they straight up kicked me off. No ifs and or buts.

It was one of the single most aggravating situations of my life.

--------------------
Ph.dizzle

OfflineDeadHeadNotLed
Stranger
Re: High Schools of the Police State [Re: SweetLeaf]
    #4564541 - 08/21/05 11:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I was a pitcher on my HS baseball team. I had a 4-1 record with a 1.88 ERA. I smoked weed a few times a week, nothing more than that. I was never really into going to parties, so I didn't drink much either. I had a few local colleges that were recruiting me to pitch on their team. Then our coach told us we had to take a drug test, and unfortunately I had smoked the day before.

Of course, I was the first one they asked to test, probably b/c I had long hair and wore a sleeveless GD tie-dye shirt under my uniform every game. The test showed that I was smoking marijuana, and I was kicked off the team. The colleges that were recruiting me didn't talk to me again after that, either.

I know I didn't have a baseball future beyond Division 2 college in baseball, but I still loved to play and since my family didn't have a lot of money it would've been great to get a full baseball scholarship to pay for my school. My grades were good though, so I did get a lot of money towards tuition, and I walked on to my schools baseball team.

All in all, everything turned out pretty well, but it was still very frustrating in HS. Also, during my first year playing baseball in college, my roomate, who was pretty much a towel boy for the team, told my coaches that I was a stoner, and I got kicked off that team as well. So, yeah, testing sucks.

I have a funny story about the HS drug test, if anyone wants to hear it.

OfflineJB201
Desert Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonoran Desert
Re: High Schools of the Police State [Re: DeadHeadNotLed]
    #4564819 - 08/21/05 11:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Before I dropped out of highschool several years ago, they had 13 security guards (4 of which were armed), that would patrol the perimeter of the school in an effort to stop kids from going out to lunch. Also many many cameras were installed. They said all this security was because kids were getting into car accidents when they had open campus(there were never any car accidents). So all the kids at school knew it was to stave off drug use. The punishment for breaking the rules and going out to lunch was 1 week in school suspension.All these rules did was to force kids to get fucked up on school grounds(which we did). Drug use at the school actually rose higher than it was before closed campus. I guess this increased security really worked **note sarcasm**.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4564920 - 08/22/05 12:17 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It sucks doesn't it? That's why I never did any extracurricular activities in high school.

Actually, I don't think they did it at my high school, but it's a good excuse nonetheless.

Though I did get high honors while taking honors classes and still showed up everyday stoned. I even went to school on DXM a couple times and aced everything better than any students there.

On the topic of the thread though, I imagine that unless the tide changes direction soon, they will be expanding drug-testing to all public students in specified schools soon. Didn't Bush want to do this? I remember him talking about the subject in one of his speeches.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4565038 - 08/22/05 12:52 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Schools freaking suck. Notice how corporate-like the schools are. Lets get our youth used to wearing namebadges, using bathroom breaks at scheduled times, eating at scheduled times, not having incentive to work harder, the herd mentality. Get them ready for slaving away at a workplace for the rest of their meaningless, corporate whore lives.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: High Schools of the Police State [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4565135 - 08/22/05 01:14 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

during my senior year at highschool I was eating way too many shrooms and only had 3 periods because I was doing OJT (get school credit for having a job). It became appaulingly clear to me that I wasn't actually being TAUGHT anything! (My trig teacher didn't even know that pi is the ratio of a circles' circumfrence to it's diameter!) The only education I was getting was SOCIAL education!

Public schools are simply a socializing institution to teach kids how to interact with people that they can't stand but have to get along with, to meet deadlines, and to follow the rules set forth by the institutional authorities. In other words, preparing them for life in modern, urban, capitalist society.

Now, I'm not saying that kids shouldn't be socialized, or taught to respect their elders and follow rules. Otherwise we'd just end up with a bunch of socially defective, punk-assed-rebels-without-a-cause! What I AM saying is that more emphesis needs to be put on critical thinking, logic skills, and KNOWLEDGE!

Knowledge is supposed to be power, and our educational system is depriving our youth of that power!

I hate to sound like a typical non-conformist, but.... *baaahhhh!*

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: High Schools of the Police State [Re: dr0mni]
    #4565154 - 08/22/05 01:20 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I know that college can be the same way, but I feel like I am actually LEARNING in college and that when I get my degree I will have more freedom to live outside the corporate-imposed system and live creatively.

No 9 to 5 shit! No punching clocks! No unskilled labor! Research, knowledge, power, change! Having the power to say "I'm going to try and find God through science" That power and freedom is my goal!

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Loc: Classified
    #4565234 - 08/22/05 01:41 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Bizarre how you can get drunk the day before work or school, but not stoned.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

#4565406 - 08/22/05 02:22 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Man, trust me, even after ya got the sheepskin, it's still a shitty job world out there. You really need a graduate degree, a professional job, investments and a side-job that earns well (such as purchasing old houses, fixing them up and selling them). I just started doing advertising for an internet site (www.quixtar.com) and I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can take that.

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

David Lane

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Re: High Schools of the Police State [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4579958 - 08/25/05 04:43 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

of course I'll have to navigate my way through the bullshit of research grants, funding, and research ethics committees. But in reality the system only has as much power over you as you let it.

Just look at Dr. Shulgin! Part of how he made money was by testifying as an expert witness in drug cases (as a very knowledgable drug chemist), sometimes giving testimony that would land the defendents in jail. But then he turned around and was able to pay for his own home laboratory where he was able to invent over 150 NEW drugs that the DEA has been struggling to suppress! Now is that stickin' it to the man or what!?

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

#4580418 - 08/25/05 06:03 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Not really. Testifying to put drug users / manufacturers in jail so that you can do the same thing is pretty fucked up.

--------------------

David Lane

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Tie Dye

General Interest >> Political Discussion