Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hydroponics Supplies, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Hydroponic store owners should help police, say police [CAN]
    #4562345 - 08/21/05 01:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hydroponic store owners should help us: police
August 20, 2005 - yorkregion.com

Hydroponic stores should help police track down marijuana grow operations, a York Regional Police drug squad officer says.

If indoor growing supply shops tracked customer purchases and informed police of suspicious buys, it would make stopping large-scale marijuana operations easier, Det. Don Cardwell said.

"We just want them to co-operate with us," he said.

But just because a store sells hydroponics and indoor growing equipment, it doesn't mean it's supplying marijuana operations, Wendy Herbert of Markham Hydroponics said.

"A lot of our customers are vegetable growers concerned about pesticides and preservatives and those that want to grow their own vegetables year-round," Ms Herbert said. "They have jobs, they don't have time to set up massive marijuana grow operations or get involved with organized crime and we don't want to be involved in anything illegal either."

But police say hydroponics equipment stores help marijuana growers set up their operations.

Some of them advertise during pot friendly radio shows and, although they won't admit to police or the press, many of them will tell trusted customers all they need to know about growing weed indoors, Det. Cardwell said.

"Who is going to purchase all that expensive equipment just to grow tomatoes?" he asked.

"It just doesn't make sense. The tomatoes aren't worth the cost of electricity to run those lights. We know what they're up to."

Hydroponics is actually a soil-free system using nutrients and water to grow plants under lights indoors. While most marijuana grow operations use the same lighting systems, they use soil, not hydroponics.

Markham Hydroponics won't serve customers who admit they want to set up an illegal marijuana grow, Ms Herbert said. But they don't pry into their customers private business, either.

"We don't ask them what they are going to grow," Ms Herbert said. "It's not our business. If they say they want to grow marijuana, we won't give them the advice they need, but I think most large-scale grow operations are buying wholesale, not through stores like us."

The Home Depot sells high powered full spectrum lights, soil and a lot of the products marijuana growers need.

But they will not track purchases or inform police if they suspect someone is growing pot.

"If we are asked by police to co-operate with an investigation, we will," public relations manager Nick Cowling said. "Tracking fertilizer and light purchases and giving that information to police has some serious privacy issue implications. Also, we're not here to judge what people are doing with our products."

There are some hydroponics suppliers who do appeal to pot growers, Ms Herbert admits, but not Markham Hydroponics, which looks like a typical garden supply shop.

It doesn't sell marijuana seeds and has no hidden agenda, Ms Herbert said.

"We're trying to get away from that negative image," she said. "It gives us a dirty name."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Hydroponic store owners should help police, say police [CAN] [Re: veggie]
    #4562661 - 08/21/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

"Who is going to purchase all that expensive equipment just to grow tomatoes?" he asked.

My question is, what kind of asshole is going to hunt someone down and put them in prison for growing plants?

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: Hydroponic store owners should help police, say police [CAN] [Re: SuperD]
    #4562705 - 08/21/05 03:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

what the pig said about someone growing normal plants is bullshit
I sometimes grow hydro spinach, lettuce.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Hydroponic store owners should help police, say police [CAN] [Re: rod]
    #4562822 - 08/21/05 03:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I think its the police that need to cooperate with the hydro stores by shutting the fuck up :smile:

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: Hydroponic store owners should help police, say police [CAN] [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4563523 - 08/21/05 06:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

that cop sounds like a complete dick. i doubt he knows a thing about eating healthy and enjoying the fruits of his own labor, prolly has a fat wife cooking him his greasy food and doing all of his laundry and shit.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Hydroponic store owners should help police, say police [CAN] [Re: veggie]
    #4565771 - 08/22/05 05:03 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

the ground should also dob in the birds and bees which pollinate and plant illegal plants

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hydroponics Supplies, Scales

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service