Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestarkes
Stranger

shrooms vs. acid
    #4561764 - 08/21/05 03:10 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Just wondering... I havent been able to find a good comparison of the actual mental states of shrooms vs. acid.

I've only done shrooms and I'm wondering if the mental state of acid is harder or easier to deal with, as in, is it harder to get into a bad trip with acid or shrooms? I have one friend that did acid a long time ago and he said it seemed more strictly visual; less of a mindfuck than shrooms.

In your opinion, which one makes you think or dwell on thoughts more?

The only way i get stuck in a bad trip on shrooms is if there's a slight problem i'm thinking about going into it. I keep thinking and thinking until i pretty much want to die (though in reality it this only lasts about 10 minutes). It's not a problem of not being able to handle the experience at all, just a magnification of outside problems.

How does acid fare with this sort of thing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: starkes]
    #4561862 - 08/21/05 06:05 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I find (and i think im with the majority) that acid is way more easy on your melon. Much less akward and not nearly as much confusion.
On high doses you may feel more vulnerable to a bad trip, but no more than a high dose of shrooms, and this can all be taken care of with set and setting.
Make sure you are prepared for a trip, mentally, and physically. Surround yourself with good vibes.
Know your substance and source. I hear of too many times people think their shrooms or acid is poisoning them, or even worse being unsure of what they took altogether, and getting into a bad trip.

acid rules.

Offlinestarkes
Stranger

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: day_tripper]
    #4562455 - 08/21/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

sweet.
Usually when i do mushrooms I'm so blown away by it that i get all euphoric and whatnot. I figured acid would be a bit crazier on the visuals, which would lead to even more euphoria than shrooms.

As long as the mindfucking doesnt increase from shrooms to acid proportionally with the visuals, i'll be able to handle it i guess.

thanks.

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Loc: Limbo
    #4562484 - 08/21/05 12:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

For me, acid is much more clear-headed than ?shrooms. Boomers always leave me fragile and unable-to-deal-with-the-world after ingestion; but, with acid, it?s just more crisp and clear--and there seems to be much less of a body load with acid than there is with mushrooms. The only thing is that I can still ?feel? LSD in my body for days afterwards; but with mushrooms, I?m always fine the next day.

(I hope that?s at least somewhat coherent; I?m trippin? balls.)

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: drloomis82] * 1
    #4562533 - 08/21/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Also... you can tell when I'm on 'shrooms because my pupils get SOOO big. But, on acid, my eyes always look normal--yet I'll be tripping my nuts off! Is this just me or have other noticed this as well?

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: drloomis82]
    #4562563 - 08/21/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

drloomis82 said:
The only thing is that I can still ?feel? LSD in my body for days afterwards; but with mushrooms, I?m always fine the next day.

How so ? :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: Kerr]
    #4562733 - 08/21/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

With acid, I feel ?not normal? for about two or three days afterwards. It?s hard to really describe? it?s not a ?bad? or ?negative? feeling; it?s just that I don?t feel like I?m quite myself. Now, with boomers, it?s different; after a night?s sleep, I always feel like normal again.

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

#4562741 - 08/21/05 01:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

your comparing something that is spiritual and pure to something that is empty and hollow. their really is no comparison to make.

Offlinestarkes
Stranger

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: yousuck]
    #4562833 - 08/21/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you can compare anything man. even apples and oranges, despite popular belief.

come on now, is it not right for me to say i prefer an apple to an orange?

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
    #4562834 - 08/21/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

There is nothing empty or hollow about lsd. how dare you!  :bored:

In all honesty I haven't found acid to be any less "spiritual" than mushrooms.
One mans trash is anothers tresure though i suppose. :smile:

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: day_tripper]
    #4562952 - 08/21/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

why cant we all just get along?

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4562975 - 08/21/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think it depends on your personality.

Some people take mushrooms and trip like they are on acid.

Some people take acid and trip like they are on mushrooms.

Don't take me totally literally, but its like...some people take shrooms and see the most outrageous totally-not-there shit, which seems to be more of an acid thing from what I hear.

And on the other hand, some people take acid and have this outrageously spiritual experience, which seems to be more of a mushroom thing.

Its all about YOU and what you like better. You just gotta try it, really.

--------------------
:mallow:

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

#4563060 - 08/21/05 02:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

starkes said:
you can compare anything man. even apples and oranges, despite popular belief.

come on now, is it not right for me to say i prefer an apple to an orange?

Exactly!

Offlinedrloomis82
Walks with Kings
 User Gallery

#4563073 - 08/21/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

One other thing I've noticed is that acid always makes my jaw feel funny, like really tense or something.

OfflineNilsen9491
SuperNoob
 User Gallery

#4563208 - 08/21/05 03:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

When I've taken acid in the past, my joints (including my jaw) get really achy near the end of the trip. I also have that "not quite right" feeling the days following an acid trip. The little man that sits in my head prefers the "naturalness" of shrooms when compared to the "drugness" of acid. I just don't feel like I've ingested laboratory chemicals after I've eaten shrooms, as I do when I eat LSD.

--------------------
Big Mike

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: Nilsen9491] * 1
    #4563281 - 08/21/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Acid is mainly visual with a little bit of head-trip, no body high at all for me.
Shrooms are less visual but present an intense head-trip and are extremely physical. The intense body-high you get with shrooms is the main difference between the 2 IMO. I have had spiritual experiences with acid, but never as intense as with shrooms.
I think that LSD is much easier to handle than shrooms (contrary to popular belief) because its just visuals mixed with a hint of insanity. I feel that acid has a smooth trip overall. Shroom trips are fast paced, rigid, and completely unpredictable (just the way i like it).
I prefer shrooms to acid.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #4563285 - 08/21/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

yousuck said:
your comparing something that is spiritual and pure to something that is empty and hollow.

Whaaaaaaaat????  :rolleyes:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4563338 - 08/21/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What are you talking about? LSD can be very spiritual, and a very "love" filled chemical. Especially if you use it right, if it was so empty and hollow, then why would the dead families dedicated themselves to spreading the love. Read some of chinacat72's post on the subject.

LSD is very beautiful, it's very easy on the head to. Mushrooms can take you places you don't want to go sometimes, LSD is very forgiving. Last a long time though, you'll be able to handle it just fine I think :smile:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: gdman]
    #4563822 - 08/21/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

neither one of them are necessarily forgiving. i'm not quite sure why some people are saying LSD is easier to handle mentally (in your head). LSD is far more convincing than shrooms are and the acid visuals can be so real that they have a greater potential for becoming frightening, in my experience. you see, LSD fills in all the blanks and paints all the details in your brain.... it's horribly convincing. i love it, but at the same time it can be scarier than shrooms. and the feeling of warmth from acid is wonderful, but the natural smoothness of shrooms feels more peripheral and natural.

as far as spirituality, i definately feel more peaceful and philosophical when i come down from shrooms. after a shroom trip, i feel NORMAL and i feel like all my chakras are open and my vital energy is flowing with love. after an acid trip, i feel an afterglow that is beautiful but i also feel the acid stuck in my head for days, months, years....

i hate to admit it, but i think shrooms are much better on the mind and body. i love them both so much (especially the visuals from potent LSD, my god it's beautiful), but my intuition says to do acid less and less frequently....

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: shrooms vs. acid [Re: gdman]
    #4563824 - 08/21/05 06:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Oranges are way better.....

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag