Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinethe_buried
non-believer
 User Gallery

Loc: FL.
i absolutely HATE effexor XR withdrawl......
    #4556621 - 08/19/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

its been almost three days since i stopped taking that monster drug and its fucking killing me. i can't stop crying, shaking, shitting, and i fucking hate it. i wish i could be normal. thats all i want it life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: i absolutely HATE effexor XR withdrawl...... [Re: the_buried]
    #4556632 - 08/19/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I quit effexor once too, it's really hard man, but you'll make it through.

But you really need to ween yourself off it.

I was on about the highest dose you could have because I'd be depresseed, the psychiatrist would say "well let's up the dose" etc... I believe he tripled it within a months time....

finally I said fuck it and I took one less pill per week .... I cried about every day at school for a week, felt like I was as cold as a corpse, shook real bad.... had horrible nightmares and just all sorts of bad shit.

:frown:

But you'll make it through.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinethe_buried
non-believer
 User Gallery

Re: i absolutely HATE effexor XR withdrawl...... [Re: leery11]
    #4556677 - 08/19/05 08:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, this shit really sucks man.... i've been bawling for like an hour dude. i don't even know why

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #4556689 - 08/19/05 08:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

But you really need to ween yourself off it.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Offlinethe_buried
non-believer
 User Gallery

Re: i absolutely HATE effexor XR withdrawl...... [Re: motaman]
    #4556693 - 08/19/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i nkow, thats what my wife said. i wasn't thinking. i'm a fucking idiot...god i feel so worthless right now. i don't even know why i'm wasting you guys' time.

Offlinethe_buried
non-believer
 User Gallery

#4556695 - 08/19/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i can't even smoke a fucking cigarette without feeling like my brain is getting zappped

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4556820 - 08/19/05 09:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If you ween yourself off it then it will pass alot smoother. Quiting cold turkey is hard on your body and mind.

your not wasting your time at all.

good luck

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: i absolutely HATE effexor XR withdrawl...... [Re: barfightlard]
    #4556930 - 08/19/05 09:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

how long have you been off? If it's only been a few days you may want to take a small dosage and maintain it for a few weeks until you feel better than stop entirely.

i'd consult a doctor perhaps, as quitting anti-depressants cold turkey can be dangerous.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineScrewjack
The InvisibleMan

Loc: Underground
    #4557587 - 08/20/05 01:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I took that drug for ONE day. Fucked me right up. Took the pill about two hours before bed, after being asleep for an hour i was jolted awake covered in sweat, having the worst panic attack of my life. Heavy duty drug. It's not only an SSRI, it works on your norepinephrine (adrenaline) as well. I've taken zoloft, paxil, celexa, prozac, nothing made me feel like that drug.

I had a friend who was on it for some time, she went off it and as far as I know the withdrawls didn't last too long.

Hopefully they don't for you either. Good luck man.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4558779 - 08/20/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

the_buried said:
i can't even smoke a fucking cigarette without feeling like my brain is getting zappped

That "zap" feeling was the absolute WORST part about coming off Effexor XR. I quit taking it cold turkey, too, and certainly wish I hadn't!

For anyone who hasn't been on this and tried stopping cold turkey...you get these "electric shock" feelings in your brain for days after you quit taking Effexor. I'm not sure how else to describe them...it's like someone just shocked the core of your brain with 10,000 volts. Not fun. :crazy:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#4561039 - 08/20/05 10:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, that would suck. You might look into natural alternatives to conventional antidepressants- something that will work with your body.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: i absolutely HATE effexor XR withdrawl...... [Re: trendal]
    #4561083 - 08/20/05 10:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Jesus, sounds like a fucked up drug. And habitual use of it is legal and encouraged by physicians...great. :nonono:

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: i absolutely HATE effexor XR withdrawl...... [Re: moog]
    #4561146 - 08/20/05 10:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What else is new? The Medical Industrial Complex rolls on..

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: i absolutely HATE effexor XR withdrawl...... [Re: zorbman]
    #4566003 - 08/22/05 08:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i have come off of it as well, that shit is hell. i came off of 150 cold once, and later in life i came off of 75 all at once, while going ton to welbutrin... scale your dose down man, i have a severt tremor disorder caused by this withdrawl......

get yourself some low dose.

the way it works is that the shit has a week long halflife in your blood and takes a long time to get in there, and a longer time to get out.. you have to scale the doses down.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4566017 - 08/22/05 09:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I should point out that Effexor XR, while having a horrible withdrawal, was the only anti-depressant that worked for my anxiety. I took it for 3-4 months and was able to work through a whole lot of bullshit and self-esteem issues that I had been carrying around.

Don't expect anti-depressants to be a miracle cure. Yes, they may stop you from being depressed (or, in my case, anxious) but this action only works while you are on the drug.

Realize that you are the one who must make changes, both in your life and your mindset. Use the anti-depressants to help make these changes. What I found was, once my anxiety was medicated away, I was able to take a good look at why I had all this social anxiety. This showed me the areas I needed to make changes in.

Once I made those changes, I didn't feel like I needed the Effexor anymore. I came off it and, to my delight, the anxiety had all but disappeared!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: i absolutely HATE effexor XR withdrawl...... [Re: trendal]
    #4580348 - 08/25/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm one of the lucky ones that only took effexor for about a week before I realized that this drug is HORRIBLE. My doctor assured me that it was quite safe and had a low risk of side effects, BULLSHIT!

I started out on 37.5mg of it and it seemed to help a lot. It actually felt to me like a very low level ecstacy experience. I felt quite empathetic and felt very good. No more of that depressive cloud and anxiety that followed me around all day.

The problem arose when I went up to 75mg after the first week. It was horrible, every muscle in my body ached, I got those electric zappy feelings in my brain (even though I wasn't withdrawling), but the worst and absolutely scariest thing was that I actually lost a LOT of coordination and fine motor control in my fingers and hands. It was like my hands weren't responding properly to the electrical impulses my brain was sending out. I was having problems holding and lighting a cigarette, holding a cup, lighting a bowl, and using a pencil.

After that I said "fuck it" and told my doctor that from here on out I wasn't taking another medication he recommended. Now I come to him with meds that I feel would be beneficial and I don't have too many problems. After 3 meds that he recommended that gave me problems, I lost all respect for his knowledge on pharmecuticals.

Best of luck to ya. I never reached the withdrawl aspect of Effexor, but I tell you, just taking the drug was bad enough for me. It took me about a week and a lot of xanax and weed to recover completely.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: i absolutely HATE effexor XR withdrawl...... [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #4583275 - 08/26/05 08:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

every time i have been tried on an antidepressant, i have completely 'lost it' ... from zoloft to amitryptaline to wellbutrin etc. ... they are ALL terrible drugs .. and doctors prescribe them here and there and everywhere, so long as they get some money out of it, and so long as people are kept in a zombie state ...

wellbutrin, over any other, especially, made me a fucking NUTCASE for the one dose i took of it ... started out like i was tweaking, completely on methamphetamine as far as i felt, and then this feeling turned into the most horrible fear, unnatural worries, telling people i was afraid to be alive ... etc ...

off of 1/10 of an active dose, even ...

antidepressants are fucking BULLSHIT

it makes me angry that these things are fucking up our society so much .... being pushed into unknowing and soon-to-be-very-hurt kids [as young as 6] and adults ... and same goes for supposed 'ADD-curing' adderall ... fuck all that shit, we can cure our bodies naturally ...

best of luck with your withdrawal, i have been through many forms of withdrawal, and i can say that it only gets easier every day ... keep your mind positive and remember WHY you are stopping and that should keep you on track ... and don't give in to negative feelings, your brain is just chemically completely skewed from these man-made toxins .. but it will recover ... :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains