Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Loc: Classified
The Bush administration's top forty lies.
    #4560888 - 08/20/05 11:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know what your political affiliation is and I don't really care. But most, possibly all of these are entirely truly. It's very interesting and some may find it informative.

http://www.citypages.com/databank/24/1182/article11417.asp

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: The Bush administration's top forty lies. [Re: bukkake]
    #4560964 - 08/20/05 11:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Almost none of those are correct. I'm pressed for time at the moment so didn't check out the few of which I was uncertain, but it's possible that all 40 are bullshit.

I've seen quite a few lists of "Bush lies" posted in this forum over the last couple of years but that one is without a doubt the shoddiest effort I've seen yet.

I'll bet not even Michael Moore would buy half of them. Hell, there's probably at least a dozen even Noam Chomsky would be nervous about backing.

Complete and utter crapola.

Phred7

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: The Bush administration's top forty lies. [Re: Phred]
    #4560985 - 08/20/05 11:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah well what do you expect bro some of those lefties would believe anything.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Re: The Bush administration's top forty lies. [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4561026 - 08/21/05 12:05 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Condemnation. Did you even bother to click the link, Quantom? Or did you just decide to go along with what Phred said and deemed it nonsense?

I'm interested in hearing any rebuttals you may have to the article, Phred. I don't believe it all, as I'm always skeptical when it comes "independent" news sources, but it appeared to provide a lot of information. Even quotes from Bush administration officials themselves in magazines like Time.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#4561087 - 08/21/05 12:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've got to sign off for tonight soon, but it's obvious this list was done at the very least a year ago and more likely the bulk of it was done two years ago. There's an awful lot of new information come out since then -- for example the fact that Iraq was in fact attempting to purchase uranium (again) from Niger.

But some of them are complete straw men -- they say that the Bush administration "claimed such and such" when in fact the Bush administration never claimed any such thing. Pretty easy to pad a list up to 40 when you're left free to say "He said this and that, but this and that aren't true -- see X Y and Z source." Well sure, this and that isn't true but so what? Bush never said it was.

The whole list is full of stuff like that.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #4563297 - 08/21/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ive had a quick google on the niger uranium subject and cant find anything that states the original claims were true. Can you point me in the direction of a source? Can you actually prove any of the other points are incorrect?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: The Bush administration's top forty lies. [Re: GazzBut]
    #4563792 - 08/21/05 08:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Three different reports confirmed an Iraq trade delegation's attempts to buy uranium from Niger -- The Butler report in England, the Senate Intelligence Committee report in the US, and Joe Wilson's own verbal debriefing to the CIA on his return from Niger.

This has been covered numerous times in this forum. Check the archives for a thread titled "Wilson lied", I believe. There have been others more recent than that, though... use the search function to find recent threads on Valerie Plame. There have been several of those in the last month or month and a half.

As for the others... gimme a half hour to catch up on the other threads, then I'll fire off a dozen or so to get you started.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4563865 - 08/21/05 08:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Bush eats pickeled baby brains from china for breakfast and worships satan.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #4564084 - 08/21/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Is it as bad as "Fifty-nine Deceits in Fahrenheit 9/11"? :ooo:

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#4564100 - 08/21/05 09:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Okay... let's take a quick runthrough of the first dozen "lies" listed by the page bukkake linked, shall we?

1) The administration was not bent on war with Iraq from 9/11 onward.

The Bush administration wanted to see Hussein out of power, yes. So did the Clinton administration -- that's why Congress passed the "Iraq Regime Change Act" way the hell back in 1996 (or maybe it was 1998... I can't remember now and can't be bothered to look it up. It's been posted in this forum before). But to say they were "bent" on war with Iraq from 9/11 onward is bullshit.

From bukkake's page:

Quote:

Throughout the year leading up to war, the White House publicly maintained that the U.S. took weapons inspections seriously, that diplomacy would get its chance, that Saddam had the opportunity to prevent a U.S. invasion.

The US did take the inspections seriously. Hussein did not, as his last minute dump of 12,000 pages of bullshit "documentation" showed. Even Hans Blix complained about the snow job the documentation provided. And, once the inspectors were on the ground -- finally -- they got the same old runaround and delays and refusals the first group did.

As for diplomacy getting a chance, Bush reluctantly allowed that farce at the UN to play out for what... over a year? When all along France knew from the beginning they were going to veto ANY resolution that had teeth.

And Bush repeatedly offered Hussein chances to step down and find safe harbor in a number of countries who offered to take him and his plundered billions. Had Hussein done so there would have been no resumption of hostilities.

From the page:

Quote:

Last fall CBS News obtained meeting notes taken by a Rumsfeld aide at 2:40 on the afternoon of September 11, 2001. The notes indicate that Rumsfeld wanted the "best info fast. Judge whether good enough hit S.H. [Saddam Hussein] at same time. Not only UBL [Usama bin Laden].... Go massive. Sweep it all up. Things related and not."

Once again the standard Leftie dodge of claiming any request for advice on the feasibility of a certain scenario represents proof positive that the decision has already been made to pursue that scenario. This is nonsense. All options must be examined and even planned for. There are quite literally thousands of extremely detailed and well-worked out plans sitting on file in the Pentagon -- some of them for decades -- covering just about every imaginable contingency. None of them have been used.

Quote:

Rumsfeld's deputy Paul Wolfowitz, the Bushmen's leading intellectual light, has long been rabid on the subject of Iraq. He reportedly told Vanity Fair writer Sam Tanenhaus off the record that he believes Saddam was connected not only to bin Laden and 9/11, but the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.

And this shows Bush was bent on war from 9/11 onward how? Just because Wolfowitz believed that doesn't even mean he advocated war against Iraq, let alone that he persuaded Bush to go along with it. All it shows is he thought Hussein had his fingers in a lot of pies.

Quote:

The Bush administration's foreign policy plan was not based on September 11, or terrorism; those events only brought to the forefront a radical plan for U.S. control of the post-Cold War world that had been taking shape since the closing days of the first Bush presidency.

Ah yes. PNAC again. News flash -- PNAC was not and is not part of the US government. PNAC doesn't make policy.

2) The invasion of Iraq was based on a reasonable belief that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction that posed a threat to the U.S., a belief supported by available intelligence evidence.

One of the reasons for resuming hostilities in Iraq was the belief of every major intelligence agency in the world that Hussein had not destroyed all the on-hand WMD he was known to have and admitted to having, yes. Anywhere from 5 to 10% of that quantity (depending who you listen to) remains unaccounted for to this day. Hussein was further required to destroy his WMD programs, not just existing stockpiles of ready-to-go artillery shells etc. As the Kay and Duelfer reports showed, he didn't destroy those programs. And a small number of shells containing Sarin and mustard gas have been found in Iraq post-invasion.

From the page:

Quote:

Paul Wolfowitz admitted to Vanity Fair that weapons of mass destruction were not really the main reason for invading Iraq: "The decision to highlight weapons of mass destruction as the main justification for going to war in Iraq was taken for bureaucratic reasons.... [T]here were many other important factors as well."

Indeed there were. Iraq as a safe haven for terrorists, Iraq's involvement in al Qaeda operations other than 9/11, Iraq's payments of death benefits to families of suicide bombers, Iraq's launching SAMs at planes patrolling the no-fly zone, Iraq sending an assassin to attempt to kill Bush senior... to name just a few.

3) Saddam tried to buy uranium in Niger.

He did. See the Joe Wilson affair.

4) The aluminum tubes were proof of a nuclear program.

Here we get to the first of the straw man arguments. No one in the Bush administration said they were proof of a nuclear program. Even the page itself tacitly admits this when it quotes the actual words used.

5) Iraq's WMDs were sent to Syria for hiding.

Another straw man. Again, no one in the Bush administration said they were sent to Syria for hiding. Just that satellite surveillance photos showed massive convoys of transports headed for the Syrian border just before the inspectors were due to arrive, and that a plausible explanation for such activity would be weapons transfer.

6) The CIA was primarily responsible for any prewar intelligence errors or distortions regarding Iraq.

The Senate Intelligence Committee's report stated very plainly it had found no evidence of the Bush administration pressuring the intelligence agencies to "sex up" their analyses. The administration dealt with the intelligence (possibly faulty) they had to work with. I again note that all the major intelligence agencies in other countries also were unconvinced Hussein had destroyed his stocks of WMDs

from the page:

Quote:

Don't be misled by the news that CIA director George Tenet has taken the fall for Bush's falsehoods in the State of the Uranium address.

There were no falsehoods on the "State of the Uranium" address. See again the whole shoddy Joe Wilson fuckup.

7) An International Atomic Energy Agency report indicated that Iraq could be as little as six months from making nuclear weapons.

Quote:

Alas: The claim had to be retracted when the IAEA pointed out that no such report existed.

This is the first one on the list that I can't address one way or the other. At this point in time I cannot confirm or deny the Bush administration ever said there was such a report. I don't recall them saying so, but they may have. I'll let it stand unchallenged for now.

8) Saddam was involved with bin Laden and al Qaeda in the plotting of 9/11.

Yet another straw man and a blatant one at that. At no point in time has anyone from the Bush administration ever said Hussein was involved in the plotting of 9/11. The reverse is true, in fact. Whenever Rumsfeld or Cheney had the question posed to them by reporters, they immediately and unequivocally stated they did not believe he was involved. In the years since 9/11 I have asked on numerous occasions for any reader to provide a link to a quote from anyone in the Bush administration saying such a thing. No one has ever provided such a link, and no one ever will, because it is complete bullshit to claim they said it.

9) The U.S. wants democracy in Iraq and the Middle East.

Clearly they do, since they organized free elections in Iraq. The page goes on a wild and entirely fact free anti-American rant here and provides no proof whatsoever for this assertion. The author just presumes we'll buy into his fantasy on the strength of his paranoia.

10) Ahmed Chalabi and the Iraqi National Congress are a homegrown Iraqi political force, not a U.S.-sponsored front.

More paranoid and fact free ranting entirely devoid of proof. And entirely beside the point anyway. Iraq has its elected government now.

11) The United States is waging a war on terror.

The US is waging a war on terror. Thousands of 'splodeydopes have been neutralized in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iraq. The author may disagree with the methods, but to say they aren't fighting terroists is just outright moonbattery at its most egregious.

12) The U.S. has made progress against world terrorist elements, in particular by crippling al Qaeda.

This is entirely correct. Hundreds of high level terrorist elements have been neutralized along with thousands of lower level cannon fodder. Al Zarqawi's intercepted communication a couple months ago whining about the difficulties he's now facing is further proof of the success so far. Al Qaeda is running on fumes.

I'll stop here for now. It would take me days to thoroughly debunk the rest of this lame attempt and I need to move on to some other threads. But I will point out that every single one of the points (with the possible exception of point 7) I've covered up to here has been covered before in this very forum, and many of them have been done more often than Mariah Carey. Newer members such as bukkake may not be aware of that fact, but you, GazzBut, surely are. I even recall seeing posts from you in threads dealing with many of these very issues.

Phred

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: The Bush administration's top forty lies. [Re: Tao]
    #4564123 - 08/21/05 09:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Is it as bad as "Fifty-nine Deceits in Fahrenheit 9/11"?

Much much worse. At least thirty times as bad.

Phred

--------------------

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

#4564161 - 08/21/05 09:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Three different reports confirmed an Iraq trade delegation's attempts to buy uranium from Niger -- The Butler report in England, the Senate Intelligence Committee report in the US, and Joe Wilson's own verbal debriefing to the CIA on his return from Niger.

This has been covered numerous times in this forum. Check the archives for a thread titled "Wilson lied", I believe. There have been others more recent than that, though... use the search function to find recent threads on Valerie Plame. There have been several of those in the last month or month and a half.

Type "Wilson lied" into Google and look at the first search result.

Considering what the first result on Google is and the other assorted right-wing sites that pop-up, they look about as suspect as the radical left-wing sites that would pop-up if "Bush lied" was entered.

Quote:

Are you going to refute any of the claims yourself instead of making sardonic comments or are you just going to piggy back on whatever Phred may say?

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4564196 - 08/21/05 09:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:
Are you going to refute any of the claims yourself instead of making sardonic comments or are you just going to piggy back on whatever Phred may say?

I'll have you know that I have piggy-backed on Phred for years and I see nothing wrong with that.  So  :razz:

:smirk:

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4564205 - 08/21/05 09:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:
Quote:

Sardonic?? I thought you guys really believed that? I didn't make that up I actually heard someone tell me that before granted it was an ignorant kid who just believed anything his parents talked about.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Bush administration's top forty lies. [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4564209 - 08/21/05 09:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

bukkake said:

I'll have you know that I have piggy-backed on Phred for years and I see nothing wrong with that.  So  :razz:

:smirk:

Yeah actually phred kicks all of their asses.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#4564218 - 08/21/05 10:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

No matter what you may think of those sites, they are reporting official reports. The Senate Intelligence report is available online, as is I believe Lord Butler's report.

As I said, do a quick search on the active threads in PA&L (not the archives) to find the two (or three) fairly recent threads on the Valerie Plame affair. I'm almost positive I provided links to the relevant sections of those reports. The plain truth of it is that Wilson flat-out lied in his articles in the New York Times -- and in his book -- about what he found on his Niger trip.

Wilson was told by the government of Niger that yes, an Iraqi trade delegation did make overtures about re-opening trade with Niger, and since Niger exports just four commodities -- onions, chickpeas, goats, and yellowcake -- the government interpreted these overtures to mean Iraq had an interest in obtaining more yellowcake from them.

That is as established a fact as it is possible for a fact to be established. Wilson lied, got caught, and the press covered for him. Someone on one of the blogs did a Nexis-Lexis search on the number of articles covering Wilson's original claims that there was no yellowcake attempt versus the number of articles on the reports proving there was. The count was absurdly overbalanced -- something like 42 articles on the first and two or three on the second. What a joke.

And the MSM isn't liberal? Uh huh.

Phred

--------------------

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

#4564314 - 08/21/05 10:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Phred, many of the points you brought up were admittals or your opinions, or incorrect. For instance.

Quote:

The Bush administration wanted to see Hussein out of power, yes.

Then you admit this is not a lie. And yes, I knew about the regime change act Clinton passed. Bush passed a similiar act recently regarding Cuba.

Quote:

Bush reluctantly allowed that farce at the UN to play out for what... over a year? When all along France knew from the beginning they were going to veto ANY resolution that had teeth.

No weapons. No farce. Why not veto when there is no just cause? In hindsight, is France's veto threat really that off-base now? 2,000 soldiers have died and there is no stability in the country. Most Americans are asking themselves, "why did we go to war with Iraq?" Supporters for our president and the war in Iraq are in the minority. Globally, supporters of our president and the war have always been in the minority.

Quote:

Here we get to the first of the straw man arguments. No one in the Bush administration said they were proof of a nuclear program. Even the page itself tacitly admits this when it quotes the actual words used.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021007-8.html

From a Bush speech:

The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program. Saddam Hussein has held numerous meetings with Iraqi nuclear scientists, a group he calls his "nuclear mujahideen" -- his nuclear holy warriors. Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at sites that have been part of its nuclear program in the past. Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons.

The entire speech is very interesting, looking back three years later.

Quote:

Another straw man. Again, no one in the Bush administration said they were sent to Syria for hiding. Just that satellite surveillance photos showed massive convoys of transports headed for the Syrian border just before the inspectors were due to arrive, and that a plausible explanation for such activity would be weapons transfer.

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said in early October he believed Saddam had WMD before the war. ?He has either hidden them so well or moved them somewhere else, or decided to destroy them ... in event of a conflict but kept the capability of developing them rapidly,? Rumsfeld said in a Fox News Channel interview.

Eight months earlier, he told senators ?it?s possible that WMD did exist, but was transferred, in whole or in part, to one or more other countries. We see that theory put forward.?

Secretary of State Colin Powell expressed concern the WMD would be found. However, when asked in September if the WMD could have been hidden or moved to a country like Syria, he said, ?I can?t exclude any of those possibilities.?

And, on MSNBC?s ?Hardball? in June, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz said: ?Everyone believed that his programs were more active than they appeared to be, but recognize, he had a lot of time to move stuff, a lot of time to hide stuff.?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6834079/

Quote:

More paranoid and fact free ranting entirely devoid of proof. And entirely beside the point anyway. Iraq has its elected government now.

The article is two years old. However, Chalabi was by no means "a good man" and was the first president of the new democratic Iraq, endorsed by the US government at the time.

Quote:

The US is waging a war on terror. Thousands of 'splodeydopes have been neutralized in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iraq. The author may disagree with the methods, but to say they aren't fighting terroists is just outright moonbattery at its most egregious.

They are...on some terror. The purpose of stating that was the blind eye the US takes to it's allies who commit terrorist acts themselves.

Quote:

This is entirely correct. Hundreds of high level terrorist elements have been neutralized along with thousands of lower level cannon fodder. Al Zarqawi's intercepted communication a couple months ago whining about the difficulties he's now facing is further proof of the success so far. Al Qaeda is running on fumes.

There has been a spike of insurgents, terrorist acts, and over three years have passed since our fearless leader boldly stated, "We will capture Osama bin Laden, dead or alive."

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#4565898 - 08/22/05 08:05 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

he US did take the inspections seriously

Im sorry but I find that statement utterly contemptuous. How can you possibly say they that? If the inspections had been taken seriously they would have been given sufficient time to confirm what many of us thought all along, that Iraq did not posess any WMD's.

I cant be bothered to comment on the rest of your post. All conjecture no proof.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#4565902 - 08/22/05 08:09 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

By the way, I have had a further google and I can find nothing to suggest that the Niger-Uranium claims were not fabricated by UK/US inteligence to suit their own needs.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#4566131 - 08/22/05 12:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What were you typing into Google?

I typed "Butler Report" "Joe Wilson" and got pages and pages of confirmation. Here's a link to one --

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005354

Some excerpts:

Quote:

But the part that may prove most salient in the U.S. is that, like the Senate Intelligence findings, the Butler report vindicates President Bush on the allegedly misleading "16 words" regarding uranium from Africa: "We conclude also that the statement in President Bush's State of the Union Address of 28 January 2003 that 'The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa' was well-founded." (Click here for more excerpts>>>) http://opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005353

I very strongly suggest you click on the above link, but only if you are interested in facts. If you wish to continue believing that "Bush lied" about this, don't click. The link provides excerpts from both the Senate Intelligence Committee report and Lord Butler's report, both of which are available in full on line. To make cross-checking even easier, the excerpts include page numbers of the reports in question.

Some more excerpts from the first article --

Quote:

This matters a lot. There's a big difference both legally and ethically between revealing an agent's identity for the revenge purpose of ruining her career, and citing nepotism (truthfully!) to explain to a puzzled reporter why an undistinguished and obviously partisan former ambassador had been sent to investigate this "crazy report" (his wife's words to the Senate). We'd argue that once her husband broke his own cover to become a partisan actor, Ms. Plame's own motives in recommending her husband deserved to become part of the public debate. She had herself become political.

Mr. Wilson also seems to have dissembled about how he concluded that there was nothing to the Iraq-Niger uranium story, serving for example as the anonymous source for a June 12, 2003, Washington Post story saying "among the Envoy's conclusions was that the documents may have been forged because 'the dates were wrong and the names were wrong.' " There were some forged documents related to an Iraq-Niger uranium deal. Trouble was, such documents had not even come to the intelligence community (never mind to Mr. Wilson's attention) by the time of his trip, and obviously hadn't been the basis of the report he'd been sent to investigate. He told the Senate he may have "mispoken"--at some length we guess--on this issue.

The Senate Intelligence Committee found, finally, that far from debunking the Iraq-Niger story, Mr. Wilson's debrief was interpreted as providing "some confirmation of foreign government service reporting" that Iraq had sought uranium in Niger. Why? Because he'd reported that former Nigerien Prime Minister Ibrahim Mayaki had told him of a 1999 visit by the Iraqis to discuss "commercial relations," which the leader of the one-industry country logically interpreted as interest in uranium.

Remember that Messrs. Bush and Blair only said that Iraq had "sought" or was "trying to buy" uranium, not that it had succeeded. It now appears that both leaders have been far more scrupulous in discussing this and related issues than much of the media in either of their countries, which would embarrass the journalistic profession, if that were possible.

All of this matters because Mr. Wilson's disinformation became the vanguard of a year-long assault on Mr. Bush's credibility. The political goal was to portray the President as a "liar," regardless of the facts. Now that we know those facts, Americans can decide who the real liars are.

Phred

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion