Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

It's like my room was thrown in a PC
    #4558632 - 08/20/05 12:52 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Cept not...lol

Not sure if you guys remeber all my posts...It's been awhile...Anyways...Got a Small update...

I cleaned the room Spotless, vaccumed (did first), then used a floor cleaner, ect ect.

It's as clean as I get it lol.

But Upon doing all this I realized something...I think I know where my origin of The Green Meanie Came from.

I ALWAYS let my wbs soak in the same room that I made prints, Innocluated jars (did use a GB tho), Right next to the room I fruit mushies...ect ect...

So I'm pretty sure that my Problem might have began that way...Which leads to my Q.

When Soaking WBS, Or even just storing it, Is it possible that the endospores will travel and get everywhere?...

TIA

-Gnostic

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: It's like my room was thrown in a PC [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4559044 - 08/20/05 02:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

?

-Gnostic

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4559047 - 08/20/05 02:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

We soak to germinate bacterial endospores, not mold spores. They're two different bad guys.

If the trich is getting on you cakes or other substrates in the fruiting chamber, it's caused by improper air exchange. If the trich is getting in your jars during colonization, it's caused most likely from your inoculation procedure. Mold spores are killed by fairly low temperatures, so if you've sterilized your jars, you can be assured any mold has been killed. Therefore, if mold shows up before birthing, it had to have been introduced post-sterilization. Where you soak the grains will have nothing to do with it, as you sterilize them later, and the air is already full of mold and bacterial spores anyway that are always going to be circulating around no matter how clean you are.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: It's like my room was thrown in a PC [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4559074 - 08/20/05 02:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

gg

Had to uh, Double check ya kno :wink:

Tc shroomery.

-Gnostic

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4559079 - 08/20/05 02:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've never noticed anything like that happening, really.  I use an old pressuer cooker to soak my grains and I always put the lid on when I do it just for this reason.  If you just cleaned your room, congrats.  I recently moved into a new house that is about 70 years old.  I got a massive bacterial contam in my first batch of inoculations, so I took all the stuff out of my room, scrubbed the walls with trisodium phosphate and bleach (the TSP gets the oils off of the wall so it's more 'flat' for the paint and the bleach, well, obvious).  I scrubbed the ceilings and walls with this mixture then fan dried it for about an hour.  Then I repainted all of the surfaces with a latex-based eggshell off-white paint.  Seems like that did the trick :smile:

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation