Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Physical Concerns with LSD
    #4558556 - 08/20/05 12:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I was wondering if lsd has the same physical effect that shrooms have. I cant do shrooms anymore because I have low blood pressure and the constant blood pressure drops cause me to black out. Also I read that shrooms can mess with your blood sugars. So does lsd have the same physical effects? Anyone know, I really want to try lsd but Im afraid of blacking out.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMindash
venturer of the eye vortex
Male
Loc: north eastern pennsylvani...
Re: Physical Concerns with LSD [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4558636 - 08/20/05 12:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

lsd to me has alot less of a physical load. more blissful gasps than anything and i have low blood sugar as well. mushrooms tho tend to have me very wornout and yeah i blacked out once from them right before i went into the eye vortex lol. they also leave me extremely drained and make my throat sore as well i feel a bit swollen from em

--------------------
inspire inspiration into manifestation

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Physical Concerns with LSD [Re: Mindash]
    #4559067 - 08/20/05 02:38 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

LSD is much more powerfully stimulating than mushrooms. It will DEFINITELY have an effect on blood sugar levels.

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Physical Concerns with LSD [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4559189 - 08/20/05 03:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The only physical problem I ever had with Cidney was once when I took waay too much 6 STRONG purple gell tabs I lost control of my bodily movements and fucking pissed my pants. I didn't even notice because I was so out of it untill it started smelling really foul several hours later.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Loc: Spangladesh
    #4559250 - 08/20/05 03:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not condoning doing any psychedelics with your condition, I think you should stay away from them until you get it figured out, however, if you decide to do it anyway you might try taking some herbal preparations and supplements to help. I am not an herbalist, doctor or naturopath so I am not qulified to prescribe anything for your condition.

Having said that, I would suggest you research licorice root and chromium as possible options. Licorice is known for raising blood pressure as a natural side effect (Do not buy deglycyrrhizinated licorice (aka: DGL) this will not raise blood pressure due to having the glycyrrhizine removed) and chromium supplementation can help regulate blood sugar. I would suggest also looking into a low glycemic diet. Eating anything that converts to sugar in your body (ie: white foods -flours, starches, etc...- sugars, soft drinks, alcohol, etc...) will cause an imbalance in your sugar levels because you will spike and crash. This will contribute to blood sugar imbalances in borderline hypoglycemia. Eat a diet high in protein and sour foods (yogurt, vinegar, etc...they slow down glycemic uptake in the body) stay away from simple carbs. Eat complex carbs and high fiber instead (vegetables other than potatoes - fiber also slows down sugar uptake). This slows down the glycemic uptake in your food which levels out blood sugar levels.

You would do best to visit a nutritionist or naturopath for this type of thing however you can also do your own research and render your own conclusions with many good sources on the subject. There are plenty of good books and internet resources. Be careful of anyone claiming instant success and immediate results as dietary changes, herbs and vitamins can take a while to help. Also, certain brands of supplements are better than others. Most on the shelf brands are filled with binders, fillers and whitening agents. Not to mention they may contain old herbs or even sawdust. A few good brands you can trust: Enzymatic therapy, thorne research, pure encapsulations, gaia, herb pharm, oregons wild harvest, ecclectic institute. Herbalists, MD's and naturopaths use these brands for a reason.

Be careful and don't push yourself into something that could be potentially lethal!

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Edited by Mobius_Strip (08/20/05 03:36 PM)

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4559339 - 08/20/05 03:52 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thank YOU Mobius_Strip!!

If you black out by drops in blood pressure and/or blood sugar levels there is no WAY that you should take LSD, which lasts twice as long.

Pure Psilocybin and pure Lysergide have about the same body load: virtually none. It is mostly all in the mind.

But the mind can do all sorts of things. It can make you puke if you see Bush or faint if you see blood. You can get scared to DEATH if a friend sneaks up on you. A head on collision with a complex (lessay math) problem can send some people into convulsions.

So it might well be that what happens in your MIND causes the blood pressure drops and/or hypoglycemic attacks. And THAT, p2ksoul, will definately happen on LSD as well as it does on mushrooms, because it might be the way your body reacts to intense stress.

Do not trip until you get your body issues worked out. If you get hypoglycemic states, find out where you are in Insulin Country, it might point to a (future) health problem.
If the bottom drops out of your bloodpressure at times its really a medical situation too.

You cannot blame it on the drug, but you definately should not trip and you should get medical professionals to sort out what it is what ails you.

Quote:

I cant do shrooms anymore because I have low blood pressure and the constant blood pressure drops cause me to black out.

You should lead a low-stress life with a little fruitjuice can in your pocket and no tripping whatsoever.

Constant blacking out on mushrooms?
Sorry, some people cannot play, and unfortunately you are one :frown:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineSketchyTX05
Beginner to theJourney

Loc: Inside my head
Re: Physical Concerns with LSD [Re: Asante]
    #4559369 - 08/20/05 04:00 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I can't tell you how that makes me dissapointed that some people are unable to do psychadelics. It really sucks, and I realize there isn't anything I, or you can do, right now to make this go away.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience