Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Malt Extract

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecallemann
Stranger
magic mushroom beer
    #4558457 - 08/20/05 12:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have been researching some on both beer and shrooms the last weeks and I came to think of something. Since it is possible to make a mushroom tea infusion in boiling water, why not make a magic mushroom beer. When boiling the malt extract and hops, couldn't you easily add a dried amount of mushroom and boil out the active ingredients and preferred flavors and later remove the mushroom together with the hops?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJabbawaya

Re: magic mushroom beer [Re: callemann]
    #4558491 - 08/20/05 12:12 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It's possible. I personally don't enjoy the effects of alcohol combined with psychedelics, but that's me. Perhaps you do. I think just eating them is easiest.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: magic mushroom beer [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4558654 - 08/20/05 12:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

agreed, alcohol and shrooms doesnt mix well at all for me either.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: magic mushroom beer [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4558676 - 08/20/05 01:02 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I was reading somewhere recently that approximately 8% of those that abuse alcohol while abusing psychedelics(abuse was their term) have prolonged psychiatric effects (if i an remembering it correctly). Many have lost all touch with reality and are in institutions for life. Others can have effects lasting only days or monthes before subsiding. This immediately made me think of....

While in high school(20+yrs ago) i did have a very close friend who was drinking rather heavily and took three hits of purple micro-dot in front of me.

Within an hour after that, my other close friend who left my house with him, reported to me that he took 5 more hits. He was arrested that night while driving erradictly and began laughing at the police while they were questioning him. The details after that are a little unclear, but he spent 90 days institutionalized. After getting out he was never the same, i mean he was completely out there.

He was committed a half a dozen times since then by his family, for various episodes including having a BBQ in his front yard with people only he could to see.

Last time we spoke he was telling me about his powers of ESP. I did see him a few years after that marching in the annual KKK parade.

He was a super mellow guy with a good family and lots of friends, he was not the kind of guy you would ever imagine being a member of the KKK or many other crazy things that he has been involved in. I surely miss him.

I personally don't drink while tripping, but i do smoke alotta weed and i don't know whether his problems were associated with the combination of the two. But, 8% seems like an awfully high number to me and sometimes coming off an overly intense trip is the best part. I just couldn't imagine never coming down....

Take this info for whatever you think it's worth.

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

Offlinecallemann
Stranger
Re: magic mushroom beer [Re: Bamaman]
    #4559499 - 08/20/05 04:32 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Personally I don't even use mushrooms at all... I am just doing research. The beer project was more like an experimpent than a way of ingestion.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: magic mushroom beer [Re: callemann]
    #4560849 - 08/20/05 11:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Shitttt, Drinking beer and taking shrooms arent gonna fuck your head up. Thats how I get over the taste. Wait till a half pint of Heineken is down me, then chase the shrooms with the other.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Malt Extract

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience