Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShr00minator
Stranger

HEEEELP!
    #4549941 - 08/18/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My Wbs jars have stalled and its been a month since ive inocculated them. I spent a lot of money this summer and nothing has gone right for me. I would appreciate it if any of you could tell me how to speed up this so i can finally harvest. I looks like the center isnt even colonized. I am really getting fed up with all the bull shit that happens to my when i try to do this because if this grow doesnt work im gonna give up on this hobby for good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: HEEEELP! [Re: Shr00minator]
    #4549994 - 08/18/05 01:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, where to begin. First off, if you dont have patience in this hobby you will not be able to procure anything in it.

Now that thats out of the way.

What are growing these on. BRF, RYE, WBS??? What are your incubation temps?
Have you tried turning them uspide down to exchange gas? How do you know if the middle is colonised or not, considering you should not be able to see this.

The more info you give the more we can help you.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinebarlo
nookian

Re: HEEEELP! [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4550436 - 08/18/05 03:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

it's wbs. neways if your just starting try the pf tek almost no one fails with that. wbs needs more sterile teks and precision. :laugh:

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: HEEEELP! [Re: barlo]
    #4550468 - 08/18/05 03:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

mushrooms are divine you cant rush perfection .

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4550498 - 08/18/05 03:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Mush Cult requires patiance. Learn. The best teacher is learning from your own mistakes. Figure out what you did wrong & don't do it again. If I can do this:

So can anyone  :grin:

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: HEEEELP! [Re: agar]
    #4550642 - 08/18/05 05:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

do they appear to be wet? or too dry?
peace

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: HEEEELP! [Re: backupwards]
    #4551198 - 08/18/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Mine always stalled due to going dry.- FWIW (for what it's worth)

Offlineyodabuds
Back for more ....
 User Gallery
Re: HEEEELP! [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4551221 - 08/18/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm... for all starters how bout a little information.... How mig of a WBS jar did you make? How much spore did you inoculate into the jars(cc's)? At what temp are you keeping them at? (should be bout 82-86 degrees) and are you keeping them in the dark?
Im giving wbs my first try myself now... I had very great results usings brf and the pf tek (I just did my first grow.... the shrooms were spectacular, the yield.. well it sucked...) Anyways, jsut keep on reading everything you can get your hands upon.... you'll figure out what went wrong....
btw.. I forgot to ask did you shake the jars maybe give them a little push to keep on colonizing.. cause a month for full colonization seems an AWFULLY long time
GOOD LUCK TO YOU! Keep us updated!
Yodabuds

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: HEEEELP! [Re: yodabuds]
    #4551696 - 08/18/05 01:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm betting they are too dry like Clutch suggested. Maybe try injecting a small amount of sterilized water into the jar and shaking it up might help if you don't see any progress soon.  Like Agar said, learn from your mistakes. Don't give up! Things get easier once you get the hang of it. I know you said you have spent alot of money, but WBS certainly isn't expensive, so I don't see why you wouldn't give it another shot if things don't work this time around. NEVER GIVE UP!  :grin:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

Re: HEEEELP! [Re: FooMan]
    #4552609 - 08/18/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

listen to foo man and don't give up
i'm not the most patient person either (and i've definitely learned that since starting this hobby)
there have been days i'm absolutely ready to give up cause i did something dumb and/or newbish. but the shroomery gods and goddesses will help you figure out how to right your wrongs, or start over in a successful way. good luck. :smile:

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: HEEEELP! [Re: TrippingDuality]
    #4556269 - 08/19/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I hate it when people make a post and then dont follow up on it.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinehardwaters
Stranger
Loc: USA
    #4556336 - 08/19/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

1 month that's nothing, I inoculated a jar of WBS on my birthday in April. Finally last Wednesday it was fully colonized, and I plopped it on a pan of horse poo. Took a peek today and did a little patching, looks like I'll be able to birth it early next week.

Even though that jar was one of my first jars, I never gave up on it. I have had 10 or so other jars that didn't make it. And I've had 10 jars that did make it. One thing that I've learned in these few short months, is this isn't an exact science. It's nature man, you can't rush it if it doesn't want to be rushed.

Think of it this way, at least it's not contaminated. Try a BRF tek while your waiting for this one fully colonize.

Peace,

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder