Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineHeinous_Anus
S.D.M.F.

Revenge is a Dish Best Served with Lobster.
    #4556324 - 08/19/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm pretty sure I have some form of social anxiety disorder. You know the feeling of recognition you get when you see some one you know on the street? You haven't bothered to call him or her in a while. On the same token, he or she hasn't bothered to call you in a while either. It's at this point you're torn between saying 'Hello' or at least offering a nod of acknowledgement.

Every time I have one of these encounters, I don't do anything. I look the other way as soon as I recognize that person. Unless he or she makes a move to say 'Lovely day isn't it? That haircut looks smashing on you!' I just walk on by and pray they didn't recognize me.

Funny thing is this happens with people I see everyday too. I could see one of my friends on the street, and I won't say anything. I do this to family members too. It must be some sort of disorder. That's why I have an imaginary psychiatrist to help me. His name is Gordon. He lives in my head.

So anyhow, because I live in a shitty city in a shitty province everyone knows everyone else. It's like living in a small town, only with a 711. My small town didn't have a 7/11. The slurpee machine at our local hangout had to be turned on when you got there. If you didn't wait long enough, you got this shitty slush foam that tasted like coke flavored ass.

I really don't know everyone, but I am a creature of routine so I start to recognize a lot of the people on my daily route. There's the fat manager at Starbucks that thinks I masturbate in the bathroom every time I use it. There's the creepy black guy at the 7/11 that is a low talker. I can never fucking understand him. I think he hit on me once. Either that or he was asking if I wanted the new Jessica Simpson c.d. Doesn't matter. I already have it.

The background cast of old people, homeless guys and drunken Indians fills up the rest of the docket. We recognize one another, but we don't know anyone's names. This is the sort of situation I enjoy. There is no expectation of the cordial 'Hello' or 'I still have that sweater you leant me and I wear it everyday and think about you and touch myself when I'm wearing it.'

Now, since I don't acknowledge people I know and like, imagine what I do to people I dislike. That's right - nothing. I treat people I absolutely loathe with the same regard I use on people I can stand for the length of a feature film. Except for maybe Shelley. She likes to talk during movies and most of the time it's boring shit. Her favorite fucking movie is Pearl Harbor. She dragged me to it seven times.

Now do you understand why I need an imaginary psychiatrist?

This week was my sister's birthday. We went to Red Lobster. I fucking hate seafood, so I knew that the meal was going to be hell right off the bat. The smell of fish would be all around me. The swirling eddies of shrimp, prawns and clam chowder would be pounding my already fragile senses. Not to mention the fact that my mother, father and sister would be there, raping my ears with their incessant nonsense. My mother would be scolding me for not calling all the time to chat about the birds that die hitting the living room windows of the house. My father would be telling me about his stupid tractor or about how I need a new windshield for my car. And my sister would be there, asking when I'd take her out to a bar.

This isn't quite hell for me. This is more of a purgatory.

Throw in a person from high school and you have hell.

We walk into the Red Lobster. I saw a Taco Bell next door so I whined to my father, asking if they could order me tacos from next door.

He gave me the look he usually reserves for moments when I am at my complete worst in public. Like the time I went on a swearing tirade in the middle of a Sears Tire Center at the cost of windshield wipers. I don't even know how much windshield wipers are supposed to cost, but god dammit those cunts who priced them priced them too fucking high.

We were lead on a parade through the restaurant. I felt like the last float in the moron parade. I wasn't really a float. I was more of the street cleaner that sweeps up all the horse crap.

Now, this is where that bitch Fate steps in. Fate fucking hates me because I think her sister, Coincidence, is hotter. Fuck you, Fate. Quit calling my house at three in the morning to try to get back together. It's over.

We get stuck the table right at the back of the restaurant. At the table next to us is Andrea.

Andrea was a skank. Andrea was bulimic. Andrea was the valedictorian. Andrea was the biggest bitch in my old high school. I fucking hated her.

I was frozen in my seat. I wanted to crawl under the table and pretend I wasn't there. What the hell was going through my head? Why am I acting like such a fucking douche all of a sudden? Oh yeah, because seeing some one from high school has awoken the long dormant high school part of my brain.

I excused myself to the bathroom after I had ordered. I was already losing my slight grip on sanity having to sit close enough to hear her. Worst of all, I was stupid enough to point out to my mother that she was there. The kink in my neck from not turning my head all night was going to push me over the edge. Combine that with my mother's stupid questions (Who is she with? Are you really bothered by this? What do you think they made this clam chowder with? Why didn't you wear a clean shirt?) and I'm going straight over the edge and into a pool of sharks and tigers and fire ants.

Hiding in the bathroom of Red Lobster, I consulted Gordon on what I should do.

Me: I'm so fucked. She recognizes me. She has to. Fuck I hate her.

Gordon: You're acting like a chick. Just pull your head out of your ass and smack the bitch in the face and spit on her tits.

Me: She doesn't have any tits. And for a psychiatrist, you sure do swear a lot.

Gordon: Fucktard, I'm imaginary. You will not get over all the terrible memories from high school you're still agonizing over if you don't do something. Be polite. Make polite conversation. Be a man for fuck's sake.

Me: I'd still rather not.

Gordon: Fine. Then spear tackle her when she's leaving the table and cause a scene. Get thrown out and go over to Taco Bell.

Me: Fair enough.

Voice from outside the stall: Sir, are you okay in there?

Me: Do you want a lie or the truth?

Voice: Which is worse?

Me: The truth won't make any sense and the lie will let you walk away with a clear conscious.

Voice: I'm just going to leave and pretend this never happened.

Me: That's a good idea.

Gordon: You better get out of here before your mom comes looking for you.

Me: Lot of help you've been. What the hell am I paying you for?

Gordon: You know, maybe you should see a real psychiatrist.

Me: How about I do that when the Maple Leafs win the Stanley cup, asshole.

I returned to the table and ate in the uncomfortable silence of eavesdropping, as my family tried to listen in on what was going on at the next table. Morons. I just wanted to eat my fucking chicken salad and get out. Chicken salad. That was the only thing on the menu that didn't have fish in it. The stupid salad had apples in it. I even had to make sure the bread didn't have fish in it before eating it.

Finally, we were done eating. I thanked God that they hadn't sent all the waiters our to sing for my sister's birthday. Do restaurants still do that? I sure as hell hope not.

My family was a good distance away from I finally pulled myself away from the table. That's when something strange happened. When I stood to leave, Andrea grabbed my wrist.

Andrea: Good to see you!

Me: Ugh, nice day isn't it? Lovely weather we're having...

Andrea: Did you have a good meal.

Me: I um...No because I had to listen to your whorish voice the whole night, talking about nothing.

Andrea: What did you just say?

Me: CHINESE NINJA ROBOT ROCKET ATTACK!

I grabbed the basket of bread on her table and tossed it in her face. I ran out, knocking over an elderly man and a potted plant. My mother scolded me in the car, but I didn't care. I told me dad to step on it. He pulled away at a normal speed, shaking his head. Perhaps now the old memories of high school will return to their solid steel cage in my mind.

--------------------

I didn't go to college. I went to Ozzy Osbourne University. - Zakk Wylde

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHeinous_Anus
S.D.M.F.

Re: Revenge is a Dish Best Served with Lobster. [Re: Heinous_Anus]
    #4556345 - 08/19/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know it's long. But, read!

Lazy fucks!

I need to go cry in my bathroom now.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4556358 - 08/19/05 06:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The forest is calling

KAW!!! KAW!!!!

--------------------

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#4556381 - 08/19/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:      :grin:

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
    #4556383 - 08/19/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

DUDE, I LOVE IT!!!

omfg, you gota put together a short story collaboration for me, i love your stuff

Quote:

Voice from outside the stall: Sir, are you okay in there?

Me: Do you want a lie or the truth?

Voice: Which is worse?

Me: The truth won't make any sense and the lie will let you walk away with a clear conscious.

Voice: I'm just going to leave and pretend this never happened.

Me: That's a good idea.

haha, that was awesome, i loved the whole sequence where you were talking to the psychiatrist in your head

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4556647 - 08/19/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Seriously, I laughed out loud like 8 times while reading that.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Revenge is a Dish Best Served with Lobster. [Re: freddurgan]
    #4556782 - 08/19/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dude! You need to try and write to get published! You are funny as hell and very creative! If you wrote seriously (and by seriously, I only mean not for the amusement of an internet community) you could probably get somewhere!

"Now, this is where that bitch Fate steps in. Fate fucking hates me because I think her sister, Coincidence, is hotter. Fuck you, Fate. Quit calling my house at three in the morning to try to get back together. It's over."

HAHAHA!! Genius!

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#4556817 - 08/19/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
Dude! You need to try and write to get published! You are funny as hell and very creative! If you wrote seriously (and by seriously, I only mean not for the amusement of an internet community) you could probably get somewhere!

great story  :thumbup:

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Re: Revenge is a Dish Best Served with Lobster. [Re: dr0mni]
    #4556829 - 08/19/05 09:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That is really good man, I was immersed into your world!  :smile2: :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Revenge is a Dish Best Served with Lobster. [Re: fresh313]
    #4556866 - 08/19/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:

Really man your short storys are so funny.  Just right for me, no more than a 10 minute read but funny as hell :thumbup: :thumbup:.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4556910 - 08/19/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hah that was good shit.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Revenge is a Dish Best Served with Lobster. [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4557012 - 08/19/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ten minute ?

damn i must read uber-fast then... it took like 2-3mins to read.

Funny shit btw

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #4557037 - 08/19/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Heinous_Anus said:
Me: CHINESE NINJA ROBOT ROCKET ATTACK!

Ninjas are from Japan actually  :tongue:

--------------------

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineHeinous_Anus
S.D.M.F.

Re: Revenge is a Dish Best Served with Lobster. [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #4557046 - 08/19/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Damnit, that ruined the basis of my entire story.  :frown:

Damn you, and your knowledge of Ninjas!  :tongue:

--------------------

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
    #4557048 - 08/19/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You're like a straight David Sedaris on crack!

--------------------

OfflineHeinous_Anus
S.D.M.F.

Re: Revenge is a Dish Best Served with Lobster. [Re: mantis]
    #4557347 - 08/19/05 11:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Who is David Sedaris?

Yes, I am ashamed for not knowing!

--------------------

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
    #4557352 - 08/19/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

He's a hilarious and intelligent author, a regular on NPR

biography: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Sedaris

a few of his works (RealPlayer needed):
http://www.thislife.org/pages/descriptions/97/87.html
http://www.thislife.org/pages/descriptions/96/27.html

--------------------

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
    #4557439 - 08/20/05 12:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hah, some parts seemed like a script from a movie.

I dont know you so I'm not sure if that was serious or not, but I'm guessing not. Funny, either way.

OfflineBrekkFu
Stranger
Loc: US... =(
Re: Revenge is a Dish Best Served with Lobster. [Re: Brugman]
    #4557596 - 08/20/05 01:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

literally LOL. You are an amazing writer.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #4557653 - 08/20/05 01:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

that was fucking brilliant!!! :laugh:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Revenge is a Dish Best Served with Lobster. [Re: SerioOria]
    #4557971 - 08/20/05 06:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SerioOria said:
DUDE, I LOVE IT!!!
omfg, you gota put together a short story collaboration for me, i love your stuff

If that night at Red Lobster was hell, a trip to West Edmonton Mall on a Saturday during the Christmas season is another layer of hell. A darker, danker, more Chinese-filled layer. I stopped there on my way to work, although it's actually out of my way. It finally snowed for the first time since October, so everyone forgot how to drive. My car is POS and I have no regard for my own wellbeing or the wellbeing of other's, so I just made up my own lane and skidded through red lights.

I bought Tylenol from the drug store and made my way to Taco Bell. West Ed can suck my balls, but at least it has a Taco Bell. It's like finding a piece of shit driftwood when you're being pulled down a river of shit about to hit the shit rapids before you go over the shit waterfall into a bed of shit rocks.

While I was waiting for my tacos, Fate visited me again. Dirty slut.

I was standing by the counter when a shiver went down my spine. My body suddenly felt chilled as a familiar smell hit my nose. It wasn't a Taco Bell fart ? it was something fowler. Darker. Eviler. I opened the top of my cup and saw my Pepsi shaking at the approaching footsteps. Looking around with wide eyes I saw her: the wide loaded bitch of Satan.

Michelle, another high school whore. Short, fat, ugly and smelly. I ducked my head away and hoped she didn't see me. Wait a minute. I don't need to take her shit. I told off the top skank the other night. Why not got for a double?

I could hear Gordon's voice in my head telling me that the Pepsi was refillable. The moment was right. I am a man. I began flipping through my iPod for Andrew W.K's 'Get ready to die' but settled on Dolly Parton's '9 to 5.' What? There's a lot of fucking room on a god damn iPod....

I got my order. Michelle was still waiting in line. If it takes you fifteen minutes to order, then you're ordering too much food.

Me: Michelle.

Michelle: Bluh?

Me: You're a stupid cunt.

Michelle: I, ugh, what?

Me: TACO NACHO BURRITO SURPRISE, BITCH!

I opened the top on my cup and dumped the Pepsi on her shirt. I laughed with glee as everyone around stared at me. The fact that I calmly walked over to the machine, refilled my cup and walked away with a small wave made me feel powerful. I drifted into the crowd and escaped to my car.

Nobody messes with Steve. Nobody.

http://www.ubersite.com/m/53448

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate