Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedjdissent
Stranger
crash cooling substrate
    #4556177 - 08/19/05 07:17 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

First post.. heh. Haven't grown anything in for 5 years, and even back then, I got all my info here. so props to the shroomery. anyhow, on with my question:
I'm working a WBS tek, it's soaking now, and I'll be pcing tomorrow. Would there be any negative side effects of tossing pc'd WBS in the fridge post sterilization in order to reduce the time between sterilization and inoculation? Or should I just be patient and wait till things cool down on their own?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehardwaters
Stranger
Loc: USA
Re: crash cooling substrate [Re: djdissent]
    #4556252 - 08/19/05 07:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Wouldn't the jars crack from the extreme change in temps? The inside of the jars stays hot even when the outside feels cooler. I always PC a hour before I go to work, and then let the jars cool while I'm at work.

Good luck man, with whatever you try.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: crash cooling substrate [Re: hardwaters]
    #4556281 - 08/19/05 07:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yes it can def. crack your jars if you stick them right into the fridge. Really waiting a couple of extra hours for your jars to cool isnt that much time when you think about it in the big picture. Good luck.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation