Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
question about outdoor grow. help ID?
    #4555249 - 08/19/05 01:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

2 quarts of never-fruited colonized rye grain (been sitting doing nothing for months--had tiny bit of cobweb and mycopiss) burried in flower pot in southwest Florida using Moe's Tek with Black Kow and straw.

almost 2 weeks later i see 3 scrawny shrooms pop up from the edge of the flower pot. trouble is, they don't LOOK like all the cubensis i've seen:

these did NOT bruise blue. the stems are thin like straw (and straw colored) and mostly hollow. the caps are light brown with a nipple (like cubensis, but not as caramel color--straight up brown instead) and underneath the caps is brown and kind of rusty looking. i didn't see any purple spores. but these three shrooms had been baking in the sun and had fully matured and fallen over before i found them in the flower pot.

could there be OTHER species of mushrooms growing in my moe's tek flower pot? could these be inactive cubensis? the strain is ecuador and from a sponsored vendor and i know them to be good. what throws me off is that they don't fit the standard appearance of cubensis--these are not bruising blue and don't have caramel caps and are scrawny, yet they look like cubensis in that there is the cap nipple and came from a flower pot containing 2 quarts of aged colonized rye.

i'm totally confused by this. i was expecting obvious cubensis to pop up but these are just throwing me off. ANY IDEAS???

peace.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJutboy
I guess I'm cool

Re: question about outdoor grow. help ID? [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #4555503 - 08/19/05 03:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If its only a couple small ones I wouldn't risk anything.

If you get another "fruit" goto the Mushroom Hunting >> Identifying forum and see what they say....you'll need a spore print though

Good Luck - B Safe

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation