Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineconceiver
Stranger
how much for first time?
    #449108 - 11/06/01 03:37 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I have bought an 1/8 of shrooms and i am going to tripp shrooms for the first time sometime in the next week. I want to experience something close to level 3. I was wondering how i should tell how much to take. thanx.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: how much for first time? [Re: conceiver]
    #449141 - 11/06/01 04:09 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

eating the whole eight would be a lot for the first time, try to start with 2 or 2.5 grams (little more than half an 1/8) then you'll have a nice trip to begin with. have fun an tell us how it was:)

OfflineCub
Loc: Northern VA
    #449345 - 11/06/01 06:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'd say go with half of the eigth. Some people are very sensitive. You can take the other half after waiting 45 or 50 minutes if you dont think you'r gonna trip hard enough.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#449422 - 11/06/01 07:30 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Take 2 to 2.3 grams for a level 3 first trip.
Don't eat mushrooms later stick with your initial dose if you eat more when your tripping your prone to trip harder than you like. (becomes very uncomfortable).

Offlinejsmith
    #449703 - 11/06/01 11:06 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I'd say, buy another 1/8th and eat em both, I don't know why all you guys are such hussies....=)

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #449836 - 11/07/01 01:42 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, btw dont eat at least 4 to 6 houres before ingesting those babies. That way they'll work better and you won't have any possible nausia.

OfflineD_Tox
Boddhisattva

Loc: Lab 23
Re: how much for first time? [Re: stefan]
    #453139 - 11/09/01 04:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

if you haven't tripped already......

i'd suggest 1/2 of the 1/8th since you have never tripped before. And next time, grow your own!

--------------------
-----------------------
D_Tox

to understand other people….to be aware
to understand animals….to be a decent person
to understand plants….. to be a refined individual
to understand the mushroom…to be enlightened

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: how much for first time? [Re: D_Tox]
    #453206 - 11/09/01 05:21 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

>i'd suggest 1/2 of the 1/8th since you have never tripped before
i agree

>And next time, grow your own!
i agree :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Anonymous

#453486 - 11/09/01 10:11 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i would try half the 1/8, just for a feel of the mushroom trip but usually i will digest no less then an 1/8 of shrooms... send you on at least a lvl 3 trip....

jus remember your surroundings depend alot on your trip but enjoy and be safe

Offlinealen
journeyman
Re: how much for first time? [Re: Anonymous]
    #455300 - 11/11/01 07:15 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

heh. first time i did mush i ate 4 grams and i was at school :-)

Anonymous

Re: how much for first time? [Re: alen]
    #455310 - 11/11/01 07:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I did that in school, 1st period philosophy- I understood EVERYTHING that day.....ahh good times, good times

But, in response to the question- 1/2 an 1/8 will get you lifted, and allow you to actually enjoy it- After all, no one wants to be the kid cowering in the corner of his toilet cause
he thinks his sofa is conspiring with the refridgerator to eat his soul

Be safe and enjoy!

OoD

Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: how much for first time? [Re: Anonymous]
    #455334 - 11/11/01 07:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

If you have never tripped with any type of substance I would say 1.5grams, most people turned off are turned off because of over/ dosing.....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineJustin Eight

Loc: ATL, GA
Re: how much for first time? [Re: egolesss]
    #455495 - 11/11/01 10:04 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Eat the whole 1/8 yourself, and invite some friends to do it with you who've never done it before either. Just make sure you're comfortable with everyone. I did the same thing years ago, and to this day, that group of friends are still my best. I'm not saying that communal drug use builds friendship, but it's such an opening experience that you're gonna be exposed to so much (especially if you've never done hallucinogens) that it sort of binds you to everyone there.

j

--------------------
-j

OfflineMaj
Stranger
Re: how much for first time? [Re: Justin Eight]
    #455543 - 11/11/01 11:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Do NOT, I repeat, NOT, eat the whole eigth for your first time. I just learned that the hard way yesterday. Different people have different tolerances. To put in in a nutshell, the experience started good, but as the intensity built, on, I started falling over and smashing things around the house, and eventually passing out and going into some sort of suspended mind state where I had a series of weird dreams and was fully unconscious, while babbling senseless stuff and having no recollection of what was happening. I later woke up in a puddle of my own piss thinking I had died and entered another dimension.

Did I mention not to start off with the whole eigth?

Offlinehatter
addict
Re: how much for first time? [Re: Maj]
    #455547 - 11/11/01 11:31 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Unconscious, huh? 1 post?

People like this giving out such misinformation is what gives this experience a negative stereotype to some...I don't suggest ingesting a whole 1/8th your first time, but hypothetically if you did, you won't end up like Kid A above..that is BS.

--------------------
How is a raven like a writing desk?

How deep is the rabbit hole? To find out, go.to/FreeSporeRing

OfflineMaj
Stranger
Re: how much for first time? [Re: hatter]
    #455593 - 11/12/01 12:16 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

This is not "misinformation" nor is it "BS." It is the true story of my first experience with mushrooms. While I obviously can not prove to you that it is true, especially since I haven't had a chance to build up any credibility or persona on this board, you can not prove that it didn't happen either. Take my advice for what it's worth. Anyone trying to "prove" anything would get us nowhere.

I, however, have one question to the thread originator: Would you rather be safe... or sorry? If you ask anybody with common sense (which I admittedly lacked before I ate the mushrooms), they will tell you that you should start off with a small dose before you have established your body's individual tolerance level through personal experience.

Edited by Maj (11/12/01 12:17 AM)

Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: how much for first time? [Re: hatter]
    #455881 - 11/12/01 10:46 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hatter you should believe Maj, I've triped with a newbie who ate around 1/8th and he triped almost exactly as Maj did even the pissing himself, although most of the trip he a had catatonic open eyed state..He had such a bad experience to this day he cain't understand why anyone would eat mushrooms..Mushroom strength, tolerance and peopel vary..

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineDead Shaman
enthusiast

Loc: Unknown
    #455897 - 11/12/01 11:11 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

My first time I took half an 1/8th, it was PLENTY. I would have to qualify it as one of my most "euphoric" trips. It is surely an experience I will never forget. And don't let anyone push you into taking a dose your not comfortable with. Psilocybin and psilocin are strong mind altering substances and our not to be used recklessly.

The biggest one single piece of information I could give you is 'Know thy Self'. Follow this and you'll be fine. There will always be time to find your perfect dose or experiment with weed, but take my advice, pop that 1/2 an 1/8, sit back and enjoy the ride.

OfflineUrQuattro
Paradigm Shifter

Loc: SFCAUSA
Re: how much for first time? [Re: Dead Shaman]
    #456745 - 11/13/01 04:40 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The first time i took mushrooms i ate just about 1/2 of 1/8. I highly recommend this dosage for a first time.

The description of what a level three experience is like will NEVER NEVER prepare you for what it is actually like subjectively.

Trust me, for the first time, a level 2 experience is perfect. You will get more visuals than you would expect, and your emotions wont be so overwhelming as to be scary.

I also highly highly recommend taking them during the day and outdoors. They are much happier and 'enlightening' if done in that sort of setting, in my opinion and experience.

Be sure to only be with one or two friends (you can of course have more if you feel no tension with any of them and are not paranoid or nervous around them at all, while sober or stoned,...this is extremely important, as if you do these with friends who you arent that close with, you will most likely never see them in the same way again, and your emotional distance will grow larger (of course, this isnt necessarily a BAD thing, just something that most people arent prepared to deal with, imo, again).

Anyway, im anxious to hear your response to the experience.

:)

what do you think of this as an addition to my sig, btw?

"Perception of safety by government surveilance leads to a compliant populace."

--------------------
True wisdom is the knowledge that nothing is impossible except for absolute knowledge.

Edited by UrQuattro (11/13/01 04:46 AM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Post deleted by Anno [Re: conceiver]
    #456965 - 11/13/01 12:44 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract